Israel and West Bank Settlements

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
jhu72

Re: Israel and Zionism

Post by jhu72 »

Some interesting articles that will provide background to the current conflict (articles appearing in Haaretz, Israel's oldest newspaper, in recent days):

Coexistence is just a euphemism.
Death to Arabs.
Israel succeeds in uniting two Palestinians populations.
Israeli Jews it is time to listen.

It is time very well spent listening to the audio file of Amos Harel and Muhammed Shehada embedded in the last article above.

Note: if you run into paywall, you only need provide your email address -- no charge for reading these articles.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Knew some people whose older siblings were JDL terrorists in CA in the '70s and '80s. Didn't much care for their lack of patriotism and self-righteousness. All need to be locked up with the other scofflaws and fifth columnists.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

"Biden tells Netanyahu he expects 'a significant de-escalation today' with path toward cease-fire" USA Today.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

jhu72 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 10:24 am "Biden tells Netanyahu he expects 'a significant de-escalation today' with path toward cease-fire" USA Today.
Maybe Nety-yoyo will pivot to Putie? Could be a problem integrating the Russian materiel with the US product.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

"We informed all parties that we would accept a mutual ceasefire between Israel and Hamas with two conditions," Dr. Basem Naim, a former Palestinian health minister who is now head of Hamas' international relations council, told ABC News on Tuesday evening. "One, Israeli forces must stop incursions into the Al-Asqa compound and respect the site. Two, Israel must stop the forced evacuation of the Palestinian residents in the Sheikh Jarah neighborhood. This condition is in accordance with international law, not only a condition expected by the Hamas authority."
... Israel will look more and more to the international community, including the US, like WHAT IT IS BECOMING if they ignore this offer.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Looks like a big f-you from Netanyahoo.

“I especially appreciate the support of US President Joe Biden, for the right to self-defense for the State of Israel,” tweeted Netanyahu. “I am determined to continue this operation until its goal is achieved, to restore peace and security to you, the citizens of Israel.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... t-updates/

I guess after years of getting tongued by Trump and his minions he's grown to expect a certain level of obeisance.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

1. don't give these thugs cover on the coming UN condemnation.
2. stop the arms sale.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

The conflict ended, but the how we are hearing in the US is different from the how it is being understood in Israel. Biden ended the conflict.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

jhu72 wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 4:03 pm 1. don't give these thugs cover on the coming UN condemnation.
2. stop the arms sale.
Dont stop the arms sale. Just make sure they go to the highest bidder.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

PizzaSnake wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:55 pm Looks like a big f-you from Netanyahoo.

“I especially appreciate the support of US President Joe Biden, for the right to self-defense for the State of Israel,” tweeted Netanyahu. “I am determined to continue this operation until its goal is achieved, to restore peace and security to you, the citizens of Israel.”

I guess after years of getting tongued by Trump and his minions he's grown to expect a certain level of obeisance.
I am confused, what are you arguing here?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill

Post by njbill »

Wait, I thought Jared brought peace to the Middle East. Did I miss something?
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

youthathletics wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 9:10 am
PizzaSnake wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 3:55 pm Looks like a big f-you from Netanyahoo.

I am confused, what are you arguing here?
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

njbill wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:45 am Wait, I thought Jared brought peace to the Middle East. Did I miss something?
:lol: The funny thing is, during this latest conflict, I know of no journalist who asked JK for a comment. You would think someone would have asked the author of peace in the Middle East for a comment. :shock:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Jared is probably trying to keep his mouth shut so he doesn’t screw up his chances for the Nobel Peace Prize.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

njbill wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:49 am Jared is probably trying to keep his mouth shut so he doesn’t screw up his chances for the Nobel Peace Prize.
Didn't know there was a Nobel POS prize.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

jhu72 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 11:35 am
njbill wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 10:45 am Wait, I thought Jared brought peace to the Middle East. Did I miss something?
:lol: The funny thing is, during this latest conflict, I know of no journalist who asked JK for a comment. You would think someone would have asked the author of peace in the Middle East for a comment. :shock:
They are probably afraid of what they will learn....optics are everything, we all know that.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Jewish Torah practitioners who condemn Zionist evils:

https://www.youtube.com/user/2628342

Watch and listen very carefully to the words of the speaker on ''The 70th Palestinian Nakba Day – The Jewish perspective'' as his teachings are based on actual biblical teaching.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Shaima Abu al Ouf, a young dental student in Gaza was killed by an Israeli air strike along with 13 more members of her family. She died one month before her wedding. It was reported that there was a smile on her face as she was buried.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”