Womens USA team Who you got?

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Snog

Womens USA team Who you got?

Post by Snog »

The list of invites for the team is up on USAlaxmagazine. 18 total spots with a ton of awesome talent to choose from. If you were picking what does your team look like? Here's my picks:

G Gussie Johns
G Molly Dougherty

D Lizzie Colson
D Emma Trenchard
D Katie O'Donnel
D Katie Detwiller
D Becca Block

M Taylor Cummings
M Kenzie Kent
M Marie McCool
M Ally Mastroiani
M Kerrigan Miller
M Dempsey Arsenault

A Sam Appuzo
A Katie Hoeg
A Jamie Ortega
A Kayla Treanor
A Kylie Ohmiller

Really hard to pick this team, I don't envy the coaches, then again maybe I do !!
Last edited by Snog on Thu May 20, 2021 1:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
glaxer24

Re: Womens USA team Who you got?

Post by glaxer24 »

Snog wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:10 am The list of invites for the team is up on USAlaxmagazine. 18 total spots with a ton of awesome talent to choose from. If you were picking what does your team look like? Here's my picks:

G Gussie Johns
G Molly Dougherty

D Lizzie Colson
D Emma Trenchard
D Katie O'Donnel
D Katie Detwiller
D Becca Block

M Taylor Cummings
M Kenzie Kent
M Marie McCool
M Ally Mastroiani
M Kerrigan Miller
M Darcy Arsenault

A Sam Appuzo
A Katie Hoeg
A Jamie Ortega
A Kayla Treanor
A Kylie Ohmiller

Really hard to pick this team, I don't envy the coaches, then again maybe I do !!
List: https://usalaxmagazine.com/usa-insider/ ... omens-team
I'd go Hogan over Dougherty, Douty over O'Donnell, Mercer over Detwiler, leave everything else the same. Ortega isn't on the list, not sure where you are getting her from, so I'd go for North.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Lots of BIG names not on that list, starting with the reigning Tewaaraton winner. Wonder why?

Also the list was from last October, before the World Cup was pushed back a year. Wouldn't surprise me if they redid the list at some point.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

glaxer24 wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:53 am
Snog wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 10:10 am The list of invites for the team is up on USAlaxmagazine. 18 total spots with a ton of awesome talent to choose from. If you were picking what does your team look like? Here's my picks:

G Gussie Johns
G Molly Dougherty

D Lizzie Colson
D Emma Trenchard
D Katie O'Donnel
D Katie Detwiller
D Becca Block

M Taylor Cummings
M Kenzie Kent
M Marie McCool
M Ally Mastroiani
M Kerrigan Miller
M Darcy Arsenault

A Sam Appuzo
A Katie Hoeg
A Jamie Ortega
A Kayla Treanor
A Kylie Ohmiller

List: https://usalaxmagazine.com/usa-insider/ ... omens-team
I'd go Hogan over Dougherty, Douty over O'Donnell, Mercer over Detwiler, leave everything else the same. Ortega isn't on the list, not sure where you are getting her from, so I'd go for North.
That list is from last year. They recently added 11 names. Lx mag just put out an updated list this morning.
mdlaxfan

Post by mdlaxfan »

njbill

Post by njbill »

Still no Megan Taylor. She must’ve declined an invite.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

G Gussie Johns
G Molly Dougherty

D Lizzie Colson
D Emma Trenchard
D Katie O'Donnel
D Katie Detwiller
D Becca Block

M Taylor Cummings
M Kenzie Kent
M Marie McCool
M Ally Mastroiani
M Kerrigan Miller
M *Darcy Arsenault

A Sam Appuzo
A Katie Hoeg
A Jamie Ortega
A Kayla Treanor
A Kylie Ohmiller

*Dempsey
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

mdlaxfan wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 11:44 am https://www.usalacrosse.com/news-media- ... ryout-camp

Here's the updated list.
Oh dear that makes it tougher :lol:
hsllax

Post by hsllax »

GK:
Moreno
Waters

D:
Mercer
Palermo
Trenchard
Douty

M:
Cummings
Arsenault
McCool
Swart
Kent
Parros
Smith

A:
Scane
Ortega
North
Treanor
Apuzzo
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

It's important to realize that there will be 16 field players chosen AND THAT THE PLAYING FORMAT IS 9v9 with 3 defenders, 3 attackers and 3 middies. There is no need to have any more that 4 attackers and 4 defenders. They may select more but it is not needed. Tend to take more middies in my opinion.
njbill

Post by njbill »

You guys are leaving off Michelle Tumolo. I sure hope they include her.

Some of these other attackers are good redefenders, but none is better than Tumi.

And maybe Treanor has a better stick (pretty close), but after her, no one’s tops MT’s.

North fans aren’t going to like this, but team chemistry is critical as is willingness to share the ball. It says here she won’t make the team.

Scane probably makes it because the international game is a lot more physical than college. Her physicality will be an asset.

Why isn’t Megan Taylor trying out? You have to assume she was invited. Our long lost third person turtle probably knows. Anyone else?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Who is to say that Charlotte wouldn't play unselfishly (I don't think she's playing all that selfishly now) when playing with that kind of talent? She'll hit a cutter who got open through off ball movement and she'll get herself open with off ball movement as well. For such a gifted and talented player who is a vicious competitor as well this girl sure does take a lot of heat. If she doesn't get invited one of the best in the business is just flat out getting snubbed. Treanor's stick is better than North's?
njbill

Post by njbill »

I think so. I think hers is the best current stick in the game.

Not saying North has a weak stick. Of course she has a very good one, maybe the best one currently in college. But the international game, especially the World Cup, is a step up from college.

Also, I think to be on the US team, you have to be an absolutely tiptop passer, which North is not. I think she is only OK for an elite attacker.

I make an exception for Scane (also not a tiptop passer) because of her size and physicality.

No easy decisions. You are talking about the elite of the elite at this level. I imagine there will be a lot of “she got snubbed” comments when the final selections are made. There always are.

I’m sure you understand personality and compatibility are important. I think that will factor in as well.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

Updated my picks:

A:
Apuzzo
Treanor
Tumolo
North
Ortega

D:
Block
Cooper
Mercer
Douty
Trenchard

M:
Arsenault
Cummings
McCool
Smith
Swart
Mastroianni

GK:
Hogan
Moreno
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

A - Tumulo
A - Treanor
A - Hoeg
A - Ohlmiller
A - Ortega

M - Cummings
M - McCool
M - Arsenault
M - Miller
M - Kennedy
M - Johansen
M - Mueller

D - Douty
D - Mercer
D - Waite
D - Trenchard

G - Hogan
G - Waters
DMac wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:34 pm Treanor's stick is better than North's?
Yes.

I leave North off my list not because I think she's selfish but because there isn't much space on this team for attackers who aren't elite dodgers, off-ball players, AND distributors. My first four attackers have all three; North only has one. Based on their abilities and where they like to attack from, Ortega was a great fit for my last spot despite not quite having the passing ability of the others. I picked Ortega over North because I think CN's style demands that the attack be built around her, whereas Ortega's off-ball skillset allows her to mesh better with the rest of the attack. Scane, Howe, and Hawryschuck are also good picks for the fifth spot - it's critical that this player likes to attack from the wings or the top, which is what took Apuzzo and Kent off my list.

This is a nice crop of solid two-way middies. For defense, I went with what I think are great 1v1 defenders who can also spark transition, but this is the position I'm the least set on.
Lax247

Post by Lax247 »

laxagainsthumanity wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 3:38 pm A - Tumulo
A - Treanor
A - Hoeg
A - Ohlmiller
A - Ortega

M - Cummings
M - McCool
M - Arsenault
M - Miller
M - Kennedy
M - Johansen
M - Mueller

D - Douty
D - Mercer
D - Waite
D - Trenchard

G - Hogan
G - Waters
DMac wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:34 pm Treanor's stick is better than North's?
Yes.

I leave North off my list not because I think she's selfish but because there isn't much space on this team for attackers who aren't elite dodgers, off-ball players, AND distributors. My first four attackers have all three; North only has one. Based on their abilities and where they like to attack from, Ortega was a great fit for my last spot despite not quite having the passing ability of the others. I picked Ortega over North because I think CN's style demands that the attack be built around her, whereas Ortega's off-ball skillset allows her to mesh better with the rest of the attack. Scane, Howe, and Hawryschuck are also good picks for the fifth spot - it's critical that this player likes to attack from the wings or the top, which is what took Apuzzo and Kent off my list.

This is a nice crop of solid two-way middies. For defense, I went with what I think are great 1v1 defenders who can also spark transition, but this is the position I'm the least set on.
Theres no way they aren’t taking Appuzzo.
Lax101

Post by Lax101 »

Replacing Hoeg with Appuzzo is obvious, replace Waite with Carr (UNC connection), and don't see Mueller making it. 4 defenders, 4-5 attackers and at least 7 middies.
laxinforlife

Post by laxinforlife »

Emily Garrity Parros is a fast, unselfish, great player who is all about winning and the team. I hope she is on the middie line. She’s the unsung grinder who will get it done for the USA.
njbill

Post by njbill »

I think Joe is going to get at least one pick. Who? My guess is Ohlmiller.
njbill

Post by njbill »

DMac wrote: Thu May 20, 2021 2:34 pm Who is to say that Charlotte wouldn't play unselfishly (I don't think she's playing all that selfishly now) when playing with that kind of talent? She'll hit a cutter who got open through off ball movement and she'll get herself open with off ball movement as well. For such a gifted and talented player who is a vicious competitor as well this girl sure does take a lot of heat. If she doesn't get invited one of the best in the business is just flat out getting snubbed. Treanor's stick is better than North's?
DMac, they gonna revoke your da Cuse card. What you doin' advocating for a Dookie over two Cuse girls?

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”