Private property?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
PizzaSnake

Private property?

Post by PizzaSnake »

This is the real divide in the US. The haves vs. the have-nots. Sad part is that these people were probably staunch Republicans.

"Given the distinctive status of mobile home communities — made up at the same time of renters and established homeowners — a number of states have passed legal protections for residents, said Carolyn Carter, the deputy director of the National Consumer Law Center. Some mandate at least six months advance notice for a park’s closure; that period is two years in Massachusetts. Some require that residents be given the collective opportunity to buy their community if it is going to be sold.

“This isn’t Massachusetts,” Ms. Fraley said. Indeed, Kentucky has none of these laws."

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/05/20/us/k ... sContainer

Think you "own" your property and are immune from this sort of displacement? Try not paying your property taxes.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Re: Private property?

Post by PizzaSnake »

14 views and no rejoinders? Striking a little close to home?

C'mon, stretch yourselves and come on in debate some ideas.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
Brooklyn

Re: Private property?

Post by Brooklyn »

There's an old story of when you make your bed, you eventually have to sleep on it. There's also a story of stupid is as stupid does. And there's also the story of, ha! told ya so ...

This is what life in the Red states is all about. For years these people have been voting the for likes of Biiiiitch McConnell and other repukeblicons who create laws and policies designed to benefit the wealthy elites at the expense of the poor. For years we patriots have warned against doing so. And in all this time they have continually ignored these warnings. Now this.

Over my years online I used to post on Florida, S Carolina, and Kentucky websites with the same message I have posted here. All too often my posts were ignored or criticized and usually my responses have not been very charitable. That's a thing of the past as I no longer post on those sites. Those people will simply have to live and die with their choices. So sad that these people were dispossessed and suffered as a consequence. But that is their choice and so be it.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq

Return to “POLITICS”