Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
pcowlax

Re: Why Hofstra as a host site, Why???

Post by pcowlax »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:14 pm Get ready for some of this

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/huge/
Pretty sure I went to some Springsteen shows with that character, he may have recognized me as the guy who was not putting up 350 on the bench.
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

RURICK wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:04 pm WOW, i only have 50 plus posts on fanlax and i was told by several posters that i need to post elsewhere on a political forum because i dissented from the narrative continuously posted here on fanlax. can i assume that politics is now allowed on this forum? What a joke. I would be happy to post my political opinions but i am sure that most here would CANCEL my opinion, lol. Truly laughable.
a post about posting, If George Costanza was on fanlax, this would have been his post
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

My friends were a crew mid late 2000s in a d3football board akin to this and he had a some in HS he was trying to sell as anonymous agnostic HS football fan but gave enough away that there the folks would uncover anything (Ali Marpets brother once talked him up his Jr yr purportedly as a Whittenberg fan as we had crushed them in the playoffs the year prior but somehow a guy figured out it was a HWS up address) and figured out this was the guy and it was his son, of course, on the links he was posting. Kid started out at a NESCAC and transferred to Franklin & Marshall and was like letter earner second stringers occasional starter fullback on some pretty bad F&M teams. But the guy got into it with this attorney maniac Union alum who used to announce Union football and hockey games and went “How much you bench? I’m above 350.” And he talked up his stock picking in typical jersey shore tone and inflection.

I miss that guy.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
UDLaxFan

Post by UDLaxFan »

While we're on the topic of dumb host sites... Why the heck is championship weekend in Hartford? Aside from just being a weird location, Pratt & Whitney Stadium has mostly bleacher seats. Which are extremely uncomfortable. It feels like a MAJOR step back from being in Foxborough, Philly, or Baltimore.
Doid23

Post by Doid23 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:28 pm My friends were a crew mid late 2000s in a d3football board akin to this and he had a some in HS he was trying to sell as anonymous agnostic HS football fan but gave enough away that there the folks would uncover anything (Ali Marpets brother once talked him up his Jr yr purportedly as a Whittenberg fan as we had crushed them in the playoffs the year prior but somehow a guy figured out it was a HWS up address) and figured out this was the guy and it was his son, of course, on the links he was posting. Kid started out at a NESCAC and transferred to Franklin & Marshall and was like letter earner second stringers occasional starter fullback on some pretty bad F&M teams. But the guy got into it with this attorney maniac Union alum who used to announce Union football and hockey games and went “How much you bench? I’m above 350.” And he talked up his stock picking in typical jersey shore tone and inflection.

I miss that guy.
Out of nowhere, Iamhuge is back!!! People on my team actually know him from his days at Hess.
I miss that guy too, and those days when the Liberty League forum was crazy and filled with characters.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Doid23 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 5:29 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:28 pm My friends were a crew mid late 2000s in a d3football board akin to this and he had a some in HS he was trying to sell as anonymous agnostic HS football fan but gave enough away that there the folks would uncover anything (Ali Marpets brother once talked him up his Jr yr purportedly as a Whittenberg fan as we had crushed them in the playoffs the year prior but somehow a guy figured out it was a HWS up address) and figured out this was the guy and it was his son, of course, on the links he was posting. Kid started out at a NESCAC and transferred to Franklin & Marshall and was like letter earner second stringers occasional starter fullback on some pretty bad F&M teams. But the guy got into it with this attorney maniac Union alum who used to announce Union football and hockey games and went “How much you bench? I’m above 350.” And he talked up his stock picking in typical jersey shore tone and inflection.

I miss that guy.
Out of nowhere, Iamhuge is back!!! People on my team actually know him from his days at Hess.
I miss that guy too, and those days when the Liberty League forum was crazy and filled with characters.
I see there’s another true believer in the room.

The whole website is basically surviving on govt disaster funds. You could take it off Pats hands for no more than $10k, maybe $5k. If you had some idea what to do the the IP and intangibles....

We’re you around early mid 2000s when we had Enginegro (black guy who went to RPI), LewDogg, HollaDawg, Red Tackle, JoseQViper etc? What a mess that was. Pat only cared about moderating insofar he could lord his self presumed expertise on all things D3 Football (why ESPN stopped inviting him back for selection shows) but otherwise let it fly there and yet rarely was there any political talk except occasionally from an angry Rowan alum. (Bringing this full circle back to NJ)
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
HGK25

Post by HGK25 »

Hofstra stadium email update just out - no longer need proof of testing or vaccination for entry. No mention of increase of spectators allowed though. At least moving in right direction and hopefully capacity allowed will be raised in next day or so as well.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

livelovelax gets results!
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

Strong Island came to their senses and reversed this crazy decision. Even they recognize the insanity. Peace out!
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

jersey shore lax wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:22 pm
RURICK wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:04 pm WOW, i only have 50 plus posts on fanlax and i was told by several posters that i need to post elsewhere on a political forum because i dissented from the narrative continuously posted here on fanlax. can i assume that politics is now allowed on this forum? What a joke. I would be happy to post my political opinions but i am sure that most here would CANCEL my opinion, lol. Truly laughable.
a post about posting, If George Costanza was on fanlax, this would have been his post
I was puzzled as to what Rurick was referring to, so took a look back and found that he had made some disparaging statements re Lehigh, with some faulty, or certainly arguable statements, and received push back from other posters arguing the facts. He reacted as if push back and debate isn't allowed on FL, called it "cancel culture', and in a repetitive exchange with Matnum it was explained that he was free to state his opinions, but should expect knowledgeable folks to express differing opinions if the facts warranted, in their opinion...a comment was made by Matnum that there was also a Politics section where he might find others who agreed with him and those who didn't as well...I suspect the "cancel culture" "grousing-(for wgdsr) sparked that comment.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

44WeWantMore wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:08 pm livelovelax gets results!
:D
bananas

Post by bananas »

Could have been held at SHI stadium which can hold 52k. Think how many fans we could have spread out.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:47 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 7:08 pm livelovelax gets results!
:D

I know this is rare, but +1 MD. That's all that needed to be written, you nailed it. Rare, but it happens!!

Common sense always reigns supreme

JoeMauer89!
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:14 pm Get ready for some of this

http://www.mrmarketishuge.com/huge/
That guy was a senior when I was sixie at RLS. Can't seem to recall him, seems like a doosh tho.
jersey shore lax

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 8:46 pm
I was puzzled as to what Rurick was referring to, so took a look back and found that he had made some disparaging statements re Lehigh, with some faulty, or certainly arguable statements, and received push back from other posters arguing the facts. He reacted as if push back and debate isn't allowed on FL, called it "cancel culture', and in a repetitive exchange with Matnum it was explained that he was free to state his opinions, but should expect knowledgeable folks to express differing opinions if the facts warranted, in their opinion...a comment was made by Matnum that there was also a Politics section where he might find others who agreed with him and those who didn't as well...I suspect the "cancel culture" "grousing-(for wgdsr) sparked that comment.
"The sea (Rurick) was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli…" - George Costanza
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

jersey shore lax wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:14 am
"The sea (Rurick) was angry that day, my friends, like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli…" - George Costanza
Is that a Titalist?
jersey shore lax

pcowlax wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:19 am
jersey shore lax wrote: Wed May 19, 2021 9:14 am
Is that a Titalist?
bearlaxfan

Post by bearlaxfan »

UDLaxFan wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 4:36 pm While we're on the topic of dumb host sites... Why the heck is championship weekend in Hartford? Aside from just being a weird location, Pratt & Whitney Stadium has mostly bleacher seats. Which are extremely uncomfortable. It feels like a MAJOR step back from being in Foxborough, Philly, or Baltimore.
Got my no-club-seats-available tix. I'll have to check records, but they even seem expensive vs pro stadia (and I get club seats at Philly/Foxboro & late, lamented Ballmer.). 😕

Was there for '19 Quarters. Sat midfield, so don't know if corner, endzone seats will be worththe $$$.
DMac

Post by DMac »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 9:05 am
livelovelax wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 5:52 pm So Rutgers gets to play #1 UNC in the quarters on Saturday and the crowd and game should be fantastic! Oh wait, every venue is open now except Hofstra. What a joke. Why is the NCAA playing this game at this site where there was any chance that it would still be in lockdown? So anyone that wants to attend, even parents or families must show a negative covid test or proof of the vaccine. We have lost our minds America, at least the liberal left has. Apparently, common sense is not so common. I had covid and I got my second vaccine and will be in the 11th day but they will only take 14 days after the second shot. The insanity continues.

These science deniers don't want to follow the science. The CDC just came out and said no masks needed outside but the air in NY must be more dangerous. So, instead of 5,000 or so in attendance, we will probably be around 300. Everyone get in lockstep, nothing to see here. Didn't this happen in Germany 75 years ago?

Meanwhile in every other game I attended for my daughter and son, all other venues only made you wear your mask and even that was not really enforced. 2022 cannot come fast enough so we can vote these clowns out!
The answer to your question is: no. No, this did not happen in Germany 75 years ago. For someone so tired of the “politics”, that kind of hyperbole is a little hypocritical. I am not a Democrat. But I feel confident in saying their party isn’t committing mass genocide against 6.5 million Jews.

If having to show a negative test is the most difficult thing you face this weekend, you REALLY need to take a step back and think about how good you have it.
While the comparison to Germany 75 years ago might be over the top, lll is not completely wrong here. You do the math for me. Go to a game in State A and you need a mask, go to a game in State B and you don't. Go to a stadium and you need your I'm not afflicted indentification to get in and you have to wear your mask in the stands. Same people can go to my favorite watering hole after the game and have to wear their mask from the door to the bar where they can then take it off. If they opt to sit on the porch they never have to put a mask on. No I'm not afflicted identification at any step along the way at the watering hole. It's bullschidt as there is no uniform policy as one would think there would/should be if someone actually has the answers to this whole situation. You can't blame people at all for pizzin' and moanin' while the authorities/people supposedly in the know play a guessing game. Some are guessing it's all pretty darn ridiculous.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”