2021 Coaching Carousel

D3 Mens Lacrosse
WASHFAN

Re: 2021 Coaching Carousel

Post by WASHFAN »

Been waiting for the call from the WAC search committee but alas it’s been quiet :D :D, in all seriousness if the rumor mill is half true I really like what I’m hearing about candidates...
formerwclaxer

Post by formerwclaxer »

Just in. It's alum and long time high level high school prep coach John Nostrant. Excellent choice. Alums seem very pleased.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

A great choice. Wishing him well in this endeavor.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

WAC administration needs to step their game up asap
formerwclaxer

Post by formerwclaxer »

no doubt about it Southern.
head73

Post by head73 »

Assistant selections will be interesting. Has Sowell been his assistant at Gilman?
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:12 pm WAC administration needs to step their game up asap
Great hire. All American. WAC Hall of Famer. Pro player. US 19 Coach. Successful club and high school coach who knows the recruiting landscape. Not worried about Xs and Os.

Just need to make sure admins step up and support him with the two full time assistants they traditionally have, admissions and financial aid support, and a new vision of higher standards for the program. 9-7, 8-7, 0-7, and 2-6 over the last four years is unacceptable and hopefully they know that!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:33 pm
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:12 pm WAC administration needs to step their game up asap
Great hire. All American. WAC Hall of Famer. Pro player. US 19 Coach. Successful club and high school coach who knows the recruiting landscape. Not worried about Xs and Os.

Just need to make sure admins step up and support him with the two full time assistants they traditionally have, admissions and financial aid support, and a new vision of higher standards for the program. 9-7, 8-7, 0-7, and 2-6 over the last four years is unacceptable and hopefully they know that!
Also, this would be akin to them hiring Morgan Wooten for basketball. One of the best high school coaches in the country.
WhiteCarrera

Post by WhiteCarrera »

Except Morgan Wooten had a winning record :lol:

.... or maybe Gerry Faust in football
It's either a thoughtful comment or smartass sarcasm. Learn to recognize the difference.
palaxoff

Post by palaxoff »

Great Pick up. I hope the Admin gives him the support he needs. Knowing the recruiting landscape and living it are 2 very different things. He needs to young bucks to go out and hustle. D3 recruiting is a lot different then getting kids for one of the elite high school programs in the country.
BallHunt

Post by BallHunt »

Nostrant kinda channeling that old Ed Athey haircut, too.
poster formerly know as "wherestheslide"
richard

Post by richard »

So,Sean Woods has a great gig going at Colorado College. Would he be interested in the G-burg job? Similar circumstances just a better shot at the big prize.
SouthernLaxGenius

richard wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 3:09 pm So,Sean Woods has a great gig going at Colorado College. Would he be interested in the G-burg job? Similar circumstances just a better shot at the big prize.
Great coach and very underrated. Has extremely done well since leaving Mars Hill.

Would like a little more detail in regards to what you mean by "better shot" at the big prize?

Colorado College and Coach Woods recruit at a high level and seems to have a Pool B bid on lockdown each and every year.

As you stated, similar circumstances but why leave Colorado to head to Pennsylvania :?:
richard

Post by richard »

Gettysburg has 11 trips to the final four with three trips to the championship game since 94. If you want a chance at the championship G-burg might be a great place to land. It also seems that putting together a schedule is a whole lot easier than out west. Woods is also from back east so he might like coming back to the right coast. Like I said he has a great gig going on but if he has higher aspirations I think G-burg would be the place. Not only that, I think it would be a good fit for both school and coach.
SouthernLaxGenius

richard wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 6:45 pm Gettysburg has 11 trips to the final four with three trips to the championship game since 94. If you want a chance at the championship G-burg might be a great place to land. It also seems that putting together a schedule is a whole lot easier than out west. Woods is also from back east so he might like coming back to the right coast. Like I said he has a great gig going on but if he has higher aspirations I think G-burg would be the place. Not only that, I think it would be a good fit for both school and coach.
You'll get no arguments out of me (over 100 wins in 10 years at Colorado College).

Total history and recent history are definitely on the Bullets side (so damn close in '15; thought they were going to bring the trophy home and came back again to the final 4 the year after in '16) along with schedule and the alumni network without question.

Coach Woods checks off a number of boxes, including coaching in the centennial, it would be a great move, just not sure if he would be (strongly) considered with the names floating around in the air.

Would love to see it though 8-)
LacrosseFan33

Post by LacrosseFan33 »

ReturnOfTheWAC

Post by ReturnOfTheWAC »

Very popular rumor I’m hearing outta Gettysburg is the current assistant is the choice amongst the players and parents and the alumni our fighting amongst their classes for their choice

Great hire by WAC

Let’s see what he can do
Nosey Ned

Post by Nosey Ned »

Add Denison to the list!

Thank you Mike Caravana for ALL you have done for the program. You will be very hard to replace.
Career record 320-97 in 28 seasons at Denison
18 NCAA Appearances
11 NCAA Quarterfinals
3 NCAA Final Fours
Coached 75 AAs

Coach Z ... any interest in returning to Granville? :D
SouthernLaxGenius

Nosey Ned wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 11:15 am
Coach Z ... any interest in returning to Granville? :D
That would be beyond a great hire :D