Transfer Portal 2022

D1 Mens Lacrosse
AreaLax

Re: Transfer Portal 2022

Post by AreaLax »

Transfers, updated,

Air Force - Sean Curcio (midfield)*** -> Drexel
Albany - Davis Diamond (attack) -> Lynn (D2)
Binghamton - Tom Galgano (defense)**
Canisius - Otto Bergmann (goalie)
Dartmouth - Peter Rizzotti (LSM), Danny Hincks (goalie)*
Denver - Drew Supinski (midfield) -> Cabrini (D3)
Drexel - Kyle DeCrispino (attack) -> Mount Saint Mary
Harvard - Austin Madronic (attack)*
Hofstra - Ben Stewart (midfield) -> Wagner
Hopkins - Owen Murphy
Marist - Jake Weinman (attack)**
Michigan - Kevin Mack (attack)**, Alex Bucknavage (midfield)**
Penn - Sean Lulley (attack)**
St. John’s - Dylan Willis (midfield)
UNC - Will Bowen (defense)** -> Georgetown, Caton Johnson (goalie), Luke Millican (goalie)**
Notre Dame - Matt Schmidt (goalie); Connor Morin (attack)**
Ohio State - Gerard Kane (attack) -> Hofstra, Drew Elder (FO) -> DII Tampa
Richmond - Jax Popovich (FO) -> Boston U
Towson - Casey Wasserman (midfield)->Utah
UMass - Luke Blanc (attack)
Villanova - Zach Ornstein (FO) -> Chestnut Hill (D2)
Virginia - Will Rock (LSM)**, Regan Quinn (midfield)**, Russell Maher (attack/midfield)
VMI - Jon Fant (attack)
Yale - Nick Caccamo (defense) -> Syracuse

Division 2/3
Amherst (D3) - Gib Versfeld (goalie) -> Hopkins
Salisbury (D3) - Brad Apgar (defense)
SUNY (D3) - Matt DeMeo (midfield) -> Stony Brook
Wesleyan (D3) - Ronan Jacoby** (attack) -> Rutgers

* in the portal for the future 2023
** grad transfer
*** transfer from Air Force Prep

BOLD most recent addition
—————————————

Also,
last complete prior season transfer listing,

viewtopic.php?p=186499#p186499
[
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

i'm confused as the timing of this list. For example, Zach Ornstein played at Chestnut Hill this spring and was dominant.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Casey Wasserman transfers to Utah,
contributed some to Towson this year,
but, closer to home now.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

10stone5 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 8:03 am Casey Wasserman transfers to Utah,
contributed some to Towson this year,
but, closer to home now.
He also gets to play with his younger brother who will be a freshman in the fall, pretty cool.
ALaudico7

Post by ALaudico7 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... r-22/57892

Keegan Khan, Villanova, entered the portal as a grad student for 2022
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Transfers, updated,

Hopkins - Owen Murphy
UNC - Will Bowen (defense)** -> Georgetown, Caton Johnson (goalie), Luke Millican (goalie)**
Villanova - Keegan Khan (attack)**
Virginia - Will Rock (LSM)**, Regan Quinn (midfield)**, Russell Maher (attack/midfield)
VMI - Jon Fant (attack)

Division 2/3

** grad transfer

—————————————

Also,

Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

ALaudico7 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:36 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... r-22/57892

There will be a ton more guys like Khan entering in the coming weeks. All these seniors have an extra year. The portal will be flooded with great players looking to snag a degree at a top graduate school while playing for a top 10 program. The problem is, there may be too many of them. How many transfers can Duke, Virginia, Notre Dame, Georgetown and UNC take with already bloated rosters and incoming stud freshman?

Maryland is always open to transfers. Khan would fit beautifully there. Very unselfish, under-the-radar attackman who had 91 goals and 88 assists in just 3.5 seasons.

Gonna be a crazy off-season. But there will be plenty of time to talk about that after the playoffs.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Isn't Cornell's Jonathan Donville in the portal from last year?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Henpecked wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:52 pm
ALaudico7 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:36 pm https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... r-22/57892

There will be a ton more guys like Khan entering in the coming weeks. All these seniors have an extra year. The portal will be flooded with great players looking to snag a degree at a top graduate school while playing for a top 10 program. The problem is, there may be too many of them. How many transfers can Duke, Virginia, Notre Dame, Georgetown and UNC take with already bloated rosters and incoming stud freshman?

Maryland is always open to transfers. Khan would fit beautifully there. Very unselfish, under-the-radar attackman who had 91 goals and 88 assists in just 3.5 seasons.

Gonna be a crazy off-season. But there will be plenty of time to talk about that after the playoffs.
I love Khan, think he could be a difference maker on a FF team.

But he’s only doing what every senior (every college player) should be doing which is locking in the free option of having that extra year and related benefits. Can’t see any cost other than your name is on the list but still seems like a no brainer to enter the portal and keep the option available.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Transfers, updated,

Hopkins - Owen Murphy
UNC - Will Bowen (defense)** -> Georgetown, Caton Johnson (goalie)-> OSU, Luke Millican (goalie)**
Villanova - Keegan Khan (attack)**
VMI - Jon Fant (attack)

Division 2/3

** grad transfer

—————————————

Also,

nyjay

Post by nyjay »

HopFan16 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:03 pm Isn't Cornell's Jonathan Donville in the portal from last year?
I still find it surprising that none of the Cornell guys transferred for this year. Teat certainly appears to be going pro, but what about the other guys? That was a good senior class.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

nyjay wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:28 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:03 pm Isn't Cornell's Jonathan Donville in the portal from last year?
I still find it surprising that none of the Cornell guys transferred for this year. Teat certainly appears to be going pro, but what about the other guys? That was a good senior class.
When you say “this year” do you mean why many didn’t transfer for the 2021 season or why many have not hit the portal for next season?
“I wish you would!”
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 3:31 pm
When you say “this year” do you mean why many didn’t transfer for the 2021 season or why many have not hit the portal for next season?
I meant 2021, in particular the guys who, like Teat, would have been 5th year seniors in 2021 - Salvatore, Fletcher, Duggan. Assume these guys are just all done with their collegiate lacrosse careers at this point, even if they have another year of eligibility outside of the Ivy.
Typical Lax Dad

nyjay wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:37 pm
I meant 2021, in particular the guys who, like Teat, would have been 5th year seniors in 2021 - Salvatore, Fletcher, Duggan. Assume these guys are just all done with their collegiate lacrosse careers at this point, even if they have another year of eligibility outside of the Ivy.
My view is that their coaches should have encouraged them to graduate and transfer at the end of last season instead of pinning their hopes on a 2021 season. Some of the Penn, Princeton and Yale players made that hard choice last year. A couple of the Penn guys stayed behind (Goldner at the very least).
“I wish you would!”
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

Very few Ivy guys in the portal, in the last few weeks I have only seen 3. Kind of hard to walk away from an Ivy degree.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

xxxxxxx wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:34 pm Very few Ivy guys in the portal, in the last few weeks I have only seen 3. Kind of hard to walk away from an Ivy degree.
You don't need to walk away from the Ivy Degree if your name is TD Irelan (The back up fogo on Denver :D)
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

xxxxxxx wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:34 pm Very few Ivy guys in the portal, in the last few weeks I have only seen 3. Kind of hard to walk away from an Ivy degree.
Don't walk away then. Pick up the degree and then another one at a crappy school like Hop, Duke, G'Town, etc.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:14 pm
My view is that their coaches should have encouraged them to graduate and transfer at the end of last season instead of pinning their hopes on a 2021 season. Some of the Penn, Princeton and Yale players made that hard choice last year. A couple of the Penn guys stayed behind (Goldner at the very least).
Makes sense. But then I guess the guys who stayed are just finished with collegiate lacrosse, most likely.
Typical Lax Dad

nyjay wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:25 pm
Makes sense. But then I guess the guys who stayed are just finished with collegiate lacrosse, most likely.
I am not sure. I am not sure if Goldner is headed to work or another year of lacrosse. I put a lot of the blame at the feet of the coaches, regarding the 5th years....most blame the administration.
“I wish you would!”
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:54 pm
nyjay wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:25 pm
I am not sure. I am not sure if Goldner is headed to work or another year of lacrosse. I put a lot of the blame at the feet of the coaches, regarding the 5th years....most blame the administration.
Not to beat a dead horse, but the Ivy administrations didn't cover themselves in glory on this decision. And what bothers me the most is that none of them will be held accountable. Would be good for college lacrosse if some of these guys resurfaced next year. A lot of really good players.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”