ODAC lax season is on

D3 Mens Lacrosse
SouthernLaxGenius

Re: ODAC lax season is on

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

I'm looking for the ODAC all conference list.

Is there one in existence for this year? :?:
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

https://www.odaconline.com/sports/mlax/index

Doesn’t look like it’s out yet
SouthernLaxGenius

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:18 pm https://www.odaconline.com/sports/mlax/index

Talk about dragging their feet :shock:
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:07 pm
Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 12:18 pm https://www.odaconline.com/sports/mlax/index

This is normal timing
SouthernLaxGenius

thescottharris wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 7:37 pm
SouthernLaxGenius wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:07 pm

This is normal timing
Figured with the regular season and conf tourney over it would have already been posted
rasheed

Post by rasheed »

Pleased to see Sydney ranked 14th (I think) in the final poll before the tourney. Interesting that W&L didn't place in top 20 .
Nothinbutthelax

https://www.odaconline.com/sports/mlax/ ... conference

All ODAC
Congratulations to all.
Only disagreement is FO should be flipped.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

Talk about parity in the ODAC you can weigh the all conference honors however you want but I’m impressed by Bridgewater garnering 6 ODAC slots compared to W&L’s 8 . The traditional 4 had better continue to work hard. Congratulations to all The honorees, anyone know without looking it up the last Defensive player to win player of the year? I’m guessing Lissicky ?
Last edited by Dehuntshigwa’es on Wed May 12, 2021 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

Everyone pretty happy with the list??

Any runner ups for POY and ROY that you think were close?
SouthernLaxGenius

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:55 am https://www.odaconline.com/sports/mlax/ ... conference

All ODAC
Congratulations to all.

Thank you for the post.

Glad the ODAC still puts up the best of the best and doesn't give out orange slices and ribbons to each and every team ;)
Nothinbutthelax

13 from LYN. 6 return.
- Both LSM’s return
- 2 SSDM’s return with 1 soph. who saw lots of time
- 2 1st line middle return and the pool is deep I. That position
- 2 Starting Attackmen and the pool is deep there also
- starting goalie returns
- FO and Defense— 2 returning Poles who saw time especially on man down and when Albright was injured. Others Poles and FO guys saw time in most games when Coack K cleared benches.
If there’s a soft spot this will be it. Unless... we have a senior return or get a transfer graduate student. Wouldn’t that be nice😂
Dehuntshigwa’es

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 1:10 pm 13 from LYN. 6 return.
- Both LSM’s return
- 2 SSDM’s return with 1 soph. who saw lots of time
- 2 1st line middle return and the pool is deep I. That position
- 2 Starting Attackmen and the pool is deep there also
- starting goalie returns
- FO and Defense— 2 returning Poles who saw time especially on man down and when Albright was injured. Others Poles and FO guys saw time in most games when Coack K cleared benches.
If there’s a soft spot this will be it. Unless... we have a senior return or get a transfer graduate student. Wouldn’t that be nice😂
Anyone who doesn’t think the 5th year players on a team aren’t relevant check out the FOUR 5th year players from Lynchburg who made it. The ODAC is going to struggle against Lynchburg more so than usual over the next few years. It will be exceedingly hard to compete
ULLaxLuver

Post by ULLaxLuver »

How common is it for Conference Player of the Year to also be Scholar Athlete of the Year? Asking for a friend.
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:55 am https://www.odaconline.com/sports/mlax/ ... conference

All ODAC
Congratulations to all.
I agree completely. They got the FO wrong, I wonder if Ricci being a first year in the ODAC had anything to do with it
Last edited by Laxaholic123 on Wed May 12, 2021 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

camskidamski wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 12:41 pm Everyone pretty happy with the list??

Any runner ups for POY and ROY that you think were close?
Was a weak year for ROY the year depth, not a whole lot of opportunities out there and can't imagine any coach who may have had several potential picks would have put up more than one, because the whole cannibalizing votes thing.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Laxaholic123 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 2:32 pm

All ODAC
Congratulations to all.
I agree completely. FO is the only real disagreement, I wonder if Ricci being a first year in the ODAC had anything to do with it
Probably the big gap in GBs was what got Brummett the top nod. Even with a bum hamstring that prevented him from being able to do much of anything after the draw, he still went 10-24 in the regular season matchup. IF he could have run through the GB like he normally does, would have won the matchup easily. With a bum hammy and shoulder in the conference tournament, he didn't stand a chance though as shown by his 1-11 performance and getting benched in the second half.

In conference games where the schedules were roughly the same, despite having one less game played, he still had 24 more GBs than Ricci. Overall the average per game is 10.9 vs. 8.3 per and in-conference it was 11.0 vs. 7.1. Also had more points, 10 to 6, when only counting regular season stats.

And for the record, ODAC Tournament games aren't supposed to count when voting on All-ODAC.
Nothinbutthelax

You have made 2 valid points Scott. He also has a slightly higher win % and had assists while Ricci had none.. Both teams will be sorely missing these guys. Enjoy your Dad’s B-day (with an ear bud and eye on the games.. Cheers
ShenandoahLaxDad

Post by ShenandoahLaxDad »

Fall Ball starts up soon....

Any way too early predictions for the ODAC this year? Here is what I got...

1. W&L
2. Lynchburg
3. Hampden Sydney
4. RMC
5. Roanoke
6. Bridgewater
7. Shenandoah
8. Guilford
9. Va Wes
10. Ferrum
11. Randolph
Dehuntshigwa’es

I don’t see how anyone other than Lynchburg could be the number one preseason favorite. They bring back a lot of guys who were all Odac and I suspect there’s a transfer or two.
Nothinbutthelax

LYN returns a ton but loses a few key pieces on Defense.
Attack - will be stacked Kyle Lewis and Ryan Kenny return and they have many players who have seen time to Replace #10 Trammel Robinson.
Midfield - is also stacked with 5th years AJ Nieves and Riley Schmidt returning. They both saw tons of time in years past but were both injured last year. They will more then make up for the loss of Colin Dean and support Brett Rogers (my early pick for player of the year). Dylan Wolfe, Riley Mitchell, Jack Speers all saw time so there will be 2 solid lines! There are also Jake Rust, Nate Shaffer and Grant Voight who are experienced and will compete for time!
LSMs - return both starters from last year Chris Darminio and Marshall Rodegast.
SSDM - return #4 5th year Pete Robinson who along with Josiah Martin and Cole Nestor we’re starters.
Goalie- return starter Patrick Moore
The potential soft spots are FO and close defense.
Tyler Gallagher, Jack Albright and Alex Pupshis all graduate close defense. They have a fine stable or players who saw time in mandown and in 2nd half blow outs. Soph. Don Zingo and Jr. Henri Marindin will both both be capable with a few others competing for 3rd pole..
FO losing Ricci could hurt.. if LYN can’t get 50/55% of the draws that’s a lot of pressure in the Poles and goalie...
Only 3 5th years and I don’t know of any transfers but hope there are a couple.
LYN was at Hopkins for a scrimmage but as usual, coach K keeps things tight lipped..

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”