Using Woke for D1 Lacrosse

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Surfs_Up

Using Woke for D1 Lacrosse

Post by Surfs_Up »

Here me out on this. So we all know Lacrosse is the original sport on the land that is the United States of America. Due to its Native American roots, all D1 colleges should have to support Lacrosse, and it should be separately funded by the Fed-USA. Each team must have a certain number of players from native American ancestry on its roster.

I do not think the game of lacrosse is going to grow much more until more BIG D1 schools start playing. Nobody outside of the east coast has heard of 50 of the 72 D1 lacrosse schools.

Thoughts
DMac

Re: Using Woke for D1 Lacrosse

Post by DMac »

My thought is, RYFKM with this?
Geezuz H.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Quotas in other words? GTFOH!

Clown
Comeonman

Post by Comeonman »

I’m sorry I clicked on to this one. Stupidest post I’ve ever read.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
Njlaxx11

Post by Njlaxx11 »

delete please
HU34

Post by HU34 »

No. A million times no.
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

See what happens when you legalize weed.... ;)
TAV

Post by TAV »

Interesting...but the only problem I see is that would trigger the he/she/it crew and that, in turn, would necessitate a 1-2 year Federal Impact Study into any and all potential emotional “trauma” incurred.

Once that’s completed, there would endless lawsuits on the Federal, State and Local levels, which (including appeals) would take another 3-5 years. As a result, the Men’s and Woman’s DI Championships during this evaluation period would forever have an “*” and would trigger NCAA investigations and studies...only to end up back where we started.

Maybe we should just keep it simple and not go down this rabbit hole. Just a thought.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Dumb idea.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

While the solution is awkward and prone to mischaracterization and calumny, the central idea is certainly germane.

Native Americans have made tremendous contributions to “American” sport both as individual performers (Jim Thorpe) and as groups (forward pass in football as strategy to overcome size difference — it started long before Air Coryell).

How should these accomplishments, like the Negro baseball league and other marginalized leagues be recognized and celebrated? Chances are, if you enjoy sport, you are enjoying the legacy of these unacknowledged contributors.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

maybe a better idea is how resources can be directed to their communities for education, facilities, equipment. coaching (not that there aren't great coaches, there obviously are).
there's little doubt as a pop they are tremendously skilled and passionate about the game. i've always wondered how many have fallen thru the cracks because the support wasn't as easily available as many in lacrosse are privy to.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

cantrelax wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:29 am See what happens when you legalize weed.... ;)
This is psychedelic level stuff
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Lacrosse was played by Canadian Natives...l
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Surfs_Up wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 10:16 pm So we all know Lacrosse is the original sport on the land that is the United States of America.
No. It was ONE of the original sports. And not played all over the area that is currently the USA. And it was also played in what is now Canada. And the rules were different. And it was played in a bunch of different styles, including two stick versions.
How about celebrating Native lacrosse by letting Iroquois/Haudenosaunee play on their own passports if they want to.
And as far as helping the Indian community, how about asking Indians what would help?
10 to 1 this post thread was started by Peter Brown trolling.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 9:35 am Lacrosse was played by Canadian Natives...l
What did they use for a box?
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

When I was taught NYS history, the answer was the same as when I shared the campus with the lovely Lady Jays: Natural Boundaries.

Of course the Natural Boundaries could have been miles apart; the furthest thing from box.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:26 pm When I was taught NYS history, the answer was the same as when I shared the campus with the lovely Lady Jays: Natural Boundaries.

Of course the Natural Boundaries could have been miles apart; the furthest thing from box.
What kind of box are we talking about?

I’ve never heard it called Natural Boundaries before.

That works though.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:31 pm
44WeWantMore wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 5:26 pm When I was taught NYS history, the answer was the same as when I shared the campus with the lovely Lady Jays: Natural Boundaries.

What kind of box are we talking about?

I’ve never heard it called Natural Boundaries before.

That works though.
I’d say it’s about the same a a catholic school dance where the nuns walk around telling the kids to make room for the Holy Ghost between bodies on slow jams.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”