All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

MDlaxfan76

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:06 pm
old salt wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:53 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:25 am ...and with the change of leadership some remarkable success in improving the logistics of vaccinations, supply and delivery into arms.
Specifics plz. What would not have happened anyway ? What was changed ?
Focus on supply chain all the way to arms changed significantly and much larger forward volume commitments...which will extend beyond US demand to world distribution.

Presumably you know this?

I wasn't suggesting that what new Admin did was blindingly novel or could not have been done by the prior Admin, nor was I intending to overly complicate this with a critique of the prior Admin's efforts in vaccines as most of it was remarkably successful, but it's quite clear that new Admin saw what they inherited and improved upon it. Vaccines, from start to now have been a success story.

Now, if you really want to get into it on what the prior Admin could have done, should have done, better on vaccines, we can do so, but that wasn't my point.

That said, I think there was some absolutely miserable communication management from the prior Admin (and the right wing media world) that greatly exacerbated the divisiveness in the country, and the trajectory of virus spread, that really should have been done differently. However, we don't have to go into that here, again, as IMO it's quite well established what those errors were.

The point of my post was simply that various countries took different tacks to managing the virus transmission, some were remarkably successful, others like the US were way less successful.

On the other hand, vaccines have been a success story for the US. Hopefully that will continue, but again the right wing nutcases are making the challenge much harder than it should be.
Those who don't want to read my posts should put me on "ignore"...it's easy, indeed much easier than knuckleheaded personal attacks.

Salty, I thought it was a fair question, deserving of a response and explanation. I didn't assume you were in attack mode, just asking for clarification.

https://www.downtoearth.org.in/blog/hea ... onse-75598

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/buffa ... r-of-covid
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/21/us/p ... ponse.html
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:09 pm Focus on supply chain all the way to arms changed significantly and much larger forward volume commitments...which will extend beyond US demand to world distribution.

Salty, I thought it was a fair question, deserving of a response and explanation. I didn't assume you were in attack mode, just asking for clarification.

I was asking to see if there was something I was missing. All I still see is the same non-specific boilerplate. A "change in tone" & different names on org charts. No big change. The same distribution channels. Same Fed agencoes + state & local heath depts, carrying out the plans they were developing for months in advance. Tweaks & small adjustments along the way, to be expected in any undertaking of this scope.
I see no massive change, just fabricated political re-branding & blame shifting/credit taking.

US vaccine development & distribution have been the world standard. It was planned & developed in Warp Speed under Trump & followed through seamlessly by the Biden Admin.
If Biden would share some credit with Trump, maybe more holdout Trump supporters would get the shot.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:51 am yeah, that's the problem...:roll:

Quote: "...another 180 under President Biden."

Competency: another 180 under President Biden. See. for example, Ron Klain (contrast Mark Meadows) and Jen Psaki (contrast Spicer, Lyin' Church Girl, and Lying Every Breath McEneany).
CU88

Post by CU88 »

old salt wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 1:20 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 10:09 pm Focus on supply chain all the way to arms changed significantly and much larger forward volume commitments...which will extend beyond US demand to world distribution.

[/quote

It was planned & developed in Warp Speed under Trump...

LOL, if planning is "Let the states figure it out!"

Classic
by cradleandshoot » Fri Aug 13, 2021 8:57 am
Mr moderator, deactivate my account.
You have heck this forum up to making it nothing more than a joke. I hope you are happy.
This is cradle and shoot signing out.
:roll: :roll: :roll:
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I think the reality is somewhere between Salty's complete nonsense about no change and those who claim there was no distribution plan.

On vaccines.

Testing was FUBAR under Trump, mask communications FUBAR, all sorts of communications FUBAR, but vaccine development was first rate, and there was some distribution planning, the bones of which continue...except that full reliance upon the states was wrong from day one.

But it was what Biden's Admin inherited, so they greatly bolstered supply, dramatically increased communications among all the participants, and rolled out federal distribution sites and national contracts to augment the prior state reliance. They're now focused on mobile units to reach hard to reach populations, both rural and urban.

On all issues, the response should have been nationalized and better organized, with state cooperation as participants, not the other way around.

And yes, fundamentally this about the two Admin's having very different perspectives on taking responsibility for the COVID response.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

As libs bellyache about Trump’s managerial ineptitude, and raise glasses to Joe’s perfection, crime gallops across America at a stupendous pace, especially Democratic run cities.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/16/upsh ... e-usa.html

I wonder who will pay the penalty at the box office in November of 2022?! (I actually don’t wonder; I know; we all know)

No matter how much Covid cheerleading Democrats like MD pull for Joe, it ain’t gonna stop a tidal wave of Democratic rejection in less than 2 years.
njbill

Post by njbill »

Pete, the great predictor. How did that prediction for 2020 go?
ggait

Post by ggait »

njbill wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:18 am Pete, the great predictor. How did that prediction for 2020 go?
Bill — you still got your GILD stock?

Pete told us to buy at $84 a year ago. $67 today.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:29 am
njbill wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:18 am Pete, the great predictor. How did that prediction for 2020 go?

These brain surgeons missed the article.

Wonder if I should copy and paste?

Nahhhh. Better to surprise a lib. Good luck in 2022!!! :lol: :lol:
njbill

Post by njbill »

Yup. I sold my house last year and put all my money into Gilead on Pete's recommendtion.

Now, I have to live in a trailer down by the river.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Where did you think all the migration to Florida has come from?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MOVE ON, your obssession with Pete Brown is COMICAL. Very petulant. :lol: :lol: :lol:

JoeMauer89!
ggait

Post by ggait »

Maybe I’ll turn my attention to you instead, Joe.

You kinda seem like a jerk too.

This forum would be better if you both took a hike.

;)
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

ggait wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:55 am Maybe I’ll turn my attention to you instead, Joe.

;)
Well guess what, I'm not going anywhere and believe me, there are plenty that reciprocate that thought about yourself!! I tell it like it is, if you don't want to hear it then too bad! Thick skin, thick skin. :lol:

JoeMauer89!
ggait

Post by ggait »

Joe — when was your last time out in the penalty box?

Seems like you have issues getting along with the other kids in the sand box.

Canceling you now. Buh bye.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

ggait wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 9:55 am Maybe I’ll turn my attention to you instead, Joe.

;)

Very personal insults here. Admin ain’t gonna be happy with you, ggait. I thought libs were supposed to be kind.

Maybe chafing from the upcoming blowout losses this fall and next?

How are your gasoline prices? FFG blames Trump. You?
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

personal observation is nothing substantive changed with regard to vaccine distribution. it was a mess, but one whose shortcomings were muted by comparative supply excess to other countries. and a lack of a light shining on it for the real issues.

oh well, we have a different issue now. getting it to the folks who would/might take it, but for... that's where a difference can be made.

i've also not seen some huge boost in testing. and in fact, a great drop off. don't we still have hundreds of thousands of positives every week? squash the virus. how are we coming along on improving contact tracing to the degree necessary to match those great covid nations? i think i know the answer.

squash the virus.

communication and guidance is poor, imo. has been from the start. follow the science.

go asia.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

;)

Has anyone else noticed how libs here (frankly anywhere) hate open discussion? They demand everyone ‘think’ like they do. Or else they ‘block’.

These concrete-heads are ill suited to life, boardrooms, or really any place where intelligence is required. Like little kids in a sandbox. They hated Trump so much because they’re exactly like him!

You know other places where everyone must think alike? USSR, Cuba, Venezuela, Eastern Bloc, North Korea.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

I bet that over a beer I'd both understand your points, wgdsr, and also appreciate your humor more easily...I continue to find your writing style difficult to be sure I know what you mean...though perhaps that's the point? ;)

What you mean by "personal observation"?
Do you mean your own experience getting a shot?

Sure as heck was a lot easier for my wife and me to schedule a shot than it had been for my mom two months earlier, super easy for my son this past month...materially changed, from "personal observation".

What's less discernible to the individual experience, I think, is what actually changed beyond increased supply (not an unimportant change!) that was due to new Admin versus old Admin. Fair point that increased supply was probably the biggest factor.

Certainly communication changed, both tenor and frequency, with the public...and reporting is that it changed significantly within the gov't and with states, suppliers, etc.

Yeah, people/businesses etc aren't requiring testing to gain access to various things if you've been vaccinated...so reduced testing. Case in point, the golf community we were in last winter required cleared tests before breaking quarantine for any family visitors and constant testing of all staff and all the contractors who came on premises with any interaction with residents. Last fall it was difficult to get tests scheduled and results took many days to get back...by the beginning of spring, testing was easy to get, results back within 24 hrs...but now no testing needed if vaccinated. Need to provide proof. And now club open to non-family guests who have been vaccinated. 85+% of residents (most are over 60) had both shots by last month...heading to 95+%; staff all required to be vaccinated now that it's available to all adults.

Return to “POLITICS”