All things CoronaVirus

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.

How many of your friends and family members have died of the Chinese Corona Virus?

0 people
64%
1 person.
14%
2 people.
4%
3 people.
7%
More.
10%

Total votes: 69

jhu72

Re: All things CoronaVirus

Post by jhu72 »

Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Nothing to see here.
“I wish you would!”
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu72 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:05 pm
The aerosol vector is just another vector which has been proven. It does not replace all other vectors! If anything this makes the transmission of the disease more worrisome, not less. There are now at least three known vectors. It remains true you are more likely to catch it the closer you are to an infected person. In order to catch it at a great distance, a bunch of random variables have to line up in time.

In a time when no vaccine exists, in a room I would rather be standing 50' from someone infected, than 2' or 6' from someone in infected. If I am the infected person, those standing 2' or 6' from me will be safer if I am wearing a mask, fitted properly. Standing 50' away, I do not care about masks and never did. For those who think this is some see I told you the scientists were wrong, sorry, this ain't it. :roll:
this sounds selfish, 72. don't you want to know whether our guidance has helped lower (or the opposite) our community spread? and how do we know our masks are working for us up tight? mannequin lab studies?

the aerosol science... is not new. at all. it's new guidance is all.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:58 am
ggait wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:33 pm https://m.facebook.com/JimmyKimmelLive/ ... 541470927/

This Week in Covid History. Remember -- it was time to re-open a year ago!!

Fox News-ers in May 2020 roasting the so-called "experts" for telling us that hundreds of thousands of people might die from Covid. Nutso!!

Laura Ingraham scoffing that 120k could die from Covid by August. What -- crazy talk!!
ggait, what happened to the europe dailies? i miss those!!! what inning are we in?
I don't get your point.

Are you saying that we could not have done better up to this point if we'd had better leadership in 2020?

I've always understood the looking at the policy responses in various countries around the world, including thinking about causal versus correlating factors, to have been about the question of whether there were things our leadership could have done differently on a policy and communications front, and we as a population listening and responding could have done differently, which would have significantly changed the trajectory and impact of the virus.

This is in the Politics section of the forum, so looking at how our political leadership has responded is fundamental to the discussion.

Seems to me that there were all sorts of serious errors in 2020 in terms of virus transmission mitigation. May be some mistakes since the change of leadership as well.

On the other hand, some remarkable success (thank god) in the development of vaccines that actually work, and with the change of leadership some remarkable success in improving the logistics of vaccinations, supply and delivery into arms.

Ton of challenges ahead, but recognizing where our political leaders flubbed and why, and how we can do better going forward seems worthwhile and not deserving attack on its face.

Personally, I don't see why comparisons with Asian countries' response are tossed out as irrelevant, the focus on Europe as the only fair analog (eg why not Canada?), etc.

Seems to me that all comparisons are reasonable to make, taking into account all the ways that countries are similar or dissimilar, to try to isolate which policy efforts were successful or not and why.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

go asia.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:19 am
jhu72 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:05 pm
The aerosol vector is just another vector which has been proven. It does not replace all other vectors! If anything this makes the transmission of the disease more worrisome, not less. There are now at least three known vectors. It remains true you are more likely to catch it the closer you are to an infected person. In order to catch it at a great distance, a bunch of random variables have to line up in time.

In a time when no vaccine exists, in a room I would rather be standing 50' from someone infected, than 2' or 6' from someone in infected. If I am the infected person, those standing 2' or 6' from me will be safer if I am wearing a mask, fitted properly. Standing 50' away, I do not care about masks and never did. For those who think this is some see I told you the scientists were wrong, sorry, this ain't it. :roll:
this sounds selfish, 72. don't you want to know whether our guidance has helped lower (or the opposite) our community spread? and how do we know our masks are working for us up tight? mannequin lab studies?

the aerosol science... is not new. at all. it's new guidance is all.
... correct aerosol as a potential vector is not new. Only the CDC acceptance and guidance as a result is new.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

Real genius. Guess these folks showed the authorities. :lol:
JoeMauer89

Post by JoeMauer89 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:25 am
ggait wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:33 pm https://m.facebook.com/JimmyKimmelLive/ ... 541470927/

Fox News-ers in May 2020 roasting the so-called "experts" for telling us that hundreds of thousands of people might die from Covid. Nutso!!

Laura Ingraham scoffing that 120k could die from Covid by August. What -- crazy talk!!
ggait, what happened to the europe dailies? i miss those!!! what inning are we in?
I don't get your point.

Are you saying that we could not have done better up to this point if we'd had better leadership in 2020?

I've always understood the looking at the policy responses in various countries around the world, including thinking about causal versus correlating factors, to have been about the question of whether there were things our leadership could have done differently on a policy and communications front, and we as a population listening and responding could have done differently, which would have significantly changed the trajectory and impact of the virus.

This is in the Politics section of the forum, so looking at how our political leadership has responded is fundamental to the discussion.

Seems to me that there were all sorts of serious errors in 2020 in terms of virus transmission mitigation. May be some mistakes since the change of leadership as well.

On the other hand, some remarkable success (thank god) in the development of vaccines that actually work, and with the change of leadership some remarkable success in improving the logistics of vaccinations, supply and delivery into arms.

Ton of challenges ahead, but recognizing where our political leaders flubbed and why, and how we can do better going forward seems worthwhile and not deserving attack on its face.

Personally, I don't see why comparisons with Asian countries' response are tossed out as irrelevant, the focus on Europe as the only fair analog (eg why not Canada?), etc.

Seems to me that all comparisons are reasonable to make, taking into account all the ways that countries are similar or dissimilar, to try to isolate which policy efforts were successful or not and why.
You are insufferable, do you ever maybe to stop think before you post some of the garbage that you do. It "seems" to you, you live in a fantasy world, so what seems to you is quite the opposite of the majority of people's reality. :roll:

JoeMauer89!
ggait

Post by ggait »

At my local Walmart over the weekend, they had the following loud-speaker announcement on a 5 minute repeat:

"Welcome Walmart shoppers. Come by the pharmacy and get your free Covid vaccine. No appointment necessary. No lines. Just walk up. No charge."

They literally can't give them away.

Quite a difference from back in March when you had to log on at 12:01 am every night in the hope of catching an appointment a week or two out.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:46 pm
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 11:25 am

I don't get your point.

You are insufferable, do you ever maybe to stop think before you post some of the garbage that you do. It "seems" to you, you live in a fantasy world, so what seems to you is quite the opposite of the majority of people's reality. :roll:

JoeMauer89!
Joe, is that supposed to be a rational response to the discussion, whether agreeing or disagreeing, and stating why, or just a personal attack out of the blue? You weren't being personally addressed in any way, so why the outburst of anger?

Pretty sure you disagree with what I wrote, but what exactly do you disagree with and why?
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:13 pmgo asia.
:D
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

ggait wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:11 pm At my local Walmart over the weekend, they had the following loud-speaker announcement on a 5 minute repeat:

"Welcome Walmart shoppers. Come by the pharmacy and get your free Covid vaccine. No appointment necessary. No lines. Just walk up. No charge."

Quite a difference from back in March when you had to log on at 12:01 am every night in the hope of catching an appointment a week or two out.

Wow. That's awesomely good news. Now if only kids could get their vax just as readily, we'll be in good shape by early Summer.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

JoeMauer89 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:46 pmYou are insufferable, do you ever maybe to stop think before you post some of the garbage that you do. It "seems" to you, you live in a fantasy world, so what seems to you is quite the opposite of the majority of people's reality. :roll:

JoeMauer89!
Joe, that's a personal attack. This is your one warning and then you're going back to the Penalty Box with a penalty time that'll be double whatever your last penalty time was.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Mebbe I can lighten up the situation here with the following story:

Due (no doubt) to pandemic anxiety, I was highly distracted, left the tenement I live in without wearing a mask, and forgot my pass key. Ugh! I was in a panic. How the heck was I going to get back into my apartment and get that mask?

Whew - moments later I was relieved to learn it was only a nightmare I had last night. What a relief!

News reports are replete with similar nightmares people are enduring due to this pandemic crisis. Hopefully, the light at the end of the tunnel will be fully visible soon and we will all be relieved. :)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ggait wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:11 pm At my local Walmart over the weekend, they had the following loud-speaker announcement on a 5 minute repeat:

Are you saying now that you agree the shot issue is not partisan, considering Denver area is close to 80% Democrat? Or is this an argument they are already all vaxxed?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

youthathletics wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 7:50 am

Are you saying now that you agree the shot issue is not partisan, considering Denver area is close to 80% Democrat? Or is this an argument they are already all vaxxed?

Chefs kiss. Denver is idyllically Democratic and yet..... :lol:

Masks are idiotic unless you’re trapped inside a cramped overheated apartment with ten obese slobs. Stop being so scared to live.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

Another lab leak hypothesis convert?

https://thebulletin.org/2021/05/the-ori ... -at-wuhan/

"By the end of this article, you may have learned a lot about the molecular biology of viruses. I will try to keep this process as painless as possible. But the science cannot be avoided because for now, and probably for a long time hence, it offers the only sure thread through the maze."

Return to “POLITICS”