Loyola Greyhounds 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
youthathletics

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2021

Post by youthathletics »

wgdsr wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:05 pm
youthathletics wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 7:32 pm Read a comment on Twitter that it was a false positive, that would certainly be horrific if true.
if it was on twitter, it's true.
should've used the who tests.
It was probably a test done in Bethlehem,PA, since player did not travel home with team. An inside job, just like Wuhan U.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

44WeWantMore wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:26 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:12 pm I heard reddit is the most reliable source for news.
Well the trolls on Reddit are about as accurate as the big boys, and they don't have a paywall.
Oh you’ll pay if you do that. You’ll pay. Maybe like Jennifer Connolly in Labrynth but you’ll pay.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Hounds!!!!
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

We’re in!!!

Loyola VS Denver!!!!!!
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

NovaHound wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:57 am
GreyingHound wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:03 am Tragic way for the season to end, especially the way the team turned things around and all the momentum they had.

I know I am pretty bummed. I can't imagine how the players must be feeling.
It ain't till we say it's over!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

Hounds are hottest team in NCAA Mens lacrosse right now. And two words why they get a bid - "Charlie" and "Toomey"

Bank on it!!!
Told you to "bank on it"!!!

And yes, the test result was totally bogus. False positive.

And we are in a good place!!
Garygreyhound

Post by Garygreyhound »

It was a false positive. Player retested and it was negative.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Garygreyhound wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:33 pm It was a false positive. Player retested and it was negative.
I heard the same. Really crappy all around.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

WOW! What a range of emotions over the last 24 hours.

How cool is it that we face our old ECAC foe, Denver, where former Hounds Deveraux and Boland are now?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NovaHound wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 10:01 pm
Garygreyhound wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 9:33 pm It was a false positive. Player retested and it was negative.
I heard the same. Really crappy all around.
Good to hear.

...and the post on Twitter was factual, double nice.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
tech37

Post by tech37 »

GreyingHound wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 12:04 am WOW! What a range of emotions over the last 24 hours.
Incredible. Congrats to Hound players, coaches, fans.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

Wow what a roller coaster of emotions for the Hounds!

iIt seems that Loyola pulled out of the patriot league tournament based on Loyola guidelines. My question is do the archaic guidelines that they have, even with the false positive test effect the team. Does anyone have to quarantine? Are all players eligible? Hopefully common sense rules
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

The Hounds couldn't be luckier. They lucked out and caught an uninspired Gtown team and barely outlasted Army. They would have gotten thumped by Lehigh...again. Lets be honest Hounds fans, our team got gifted a bid. Enjoy this week and all the fun leading up to the game.
Because our luck ran out.
Hopefully the lacrosse world will be exhausted and asleep by Sunday night so they miss the throttling Denver is going to give us.
What do we have going for us?
Our offense is still unable to draw a slide. And the Pios have a wealth of offense that are gonna light up our defense. 4 guys with over 45 pts...ALREADY!
:shock:
Poor, poor, Sam Shafer.
Did I mention they are gonna play make-it, take-it with Stethakis? The dude is winning 63% of his faceoffs! PS- TD Ierlan is now healthy and a BACKUP in Denver.
This wont be pretty. Pios will cruise. Our hounds have a serious talent deficit compared to the Pios. We probably wont even be able to keep this one close. We're gonna get a beatdown of epic proportions.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Don't be so sure. There is always the "Tierney gonna Tierney" factor....play for that one perfect shot, kill clock, and then we you get behind just keep playing for that one perfect shot. I'd love to see Loyola win.
~Livy

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:33 am The Hounds couldn't be luckier. They lucked out and caught an uninspired Gtown team and barely outlasted Army. They would have gotten thumped by Lehigh...again. Lets be honest Hounds fans, our team got gifted a bid. Enjoy this week and all the fun leading up to the game.
Hopefully the lacrosse world will be exhausted and asleep by Sunday night so they miss the throttling Denver is going to give us.
Our offense is still unable to draw a slide. And the Pios have a wealth of offense that are gonna light up our defense. 4 guys with over 45 pts...ALREADY!
Poor, poor, Sam Shafer.
Did I mention they are gonna play make-it, take-it with Stethakis? The dude is winning 63% of his faceoffs! PS- TD Ierlan is now healthy and a BACKUP in Denver.
This wont be pretty. Pios will cruise. Our hounds have a serious talent deficit compared to the Pios. We probably wont even be able to keep this one close. We're gonna get a beatdown of epic proportions.

:roll: if K is serious.

:lol: if K is trolling at an A+ level.

I’m now of the mind that Kramerica is the same poster whose name I forget who kept coming here to say how 💩 we were after every win.
Olddog

Post by Olddog »

Go Hounds! It's a new season.

Somebody posted a link to the below interview on twitter...I thought it was very cool to hear such a long interview with Coach Toomey. I'd thought I'd post here for those who have not seen it.

https://anchor.fm/grandstandcommentary
Garygreyhound

Post by Garygreyhound »

After an exhausting day for the boys yesterday, I’m assuming everyone watched to see if Loyola received an at large bid?? Anyone else notice the Rutgers locker room?? All of the boys sitting on top of each other, no masks etc? Absolutely no Covid protocols
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

Garygreyhound wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 6:28 pm After an exhausting day for the boys yesterday, I’m assuming everyone watched to see if Loyola received an at large bid?? Anyone else notice the Rutgers locker room?? All of the boys sitting on top of each other, no masks etc? Absolutely no Covid protocols
I hadn't noticed that, but I recorded the show, so I just went back and looked again, and you're absolutely right. Really disappointing. Maybe Lehigh will end up with another opponent unable to play next weekend.

I'm really excited for the Hounds. Nothing will take away the disappointment of missing the PL Championship game, but I expect the NCAA bid lessens the sting a bit.

Go Hounds!
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 8:33 am The Hounds couldn't be luckier. They lucked out and caught an uninspired Gtown team and barely outlasted Army. They would have gotten thumped by Lehigh...again. Lets be honest Hounds fans, our team got gifted a bid. Enjoy this week and all the fun leading up to the game.
Poor, poor, Sam Shafer.
Kram

I have not been the biggest fans of what Loyola has done this year, but they have turned it around.
FO, lets compare the Georgetown games. Savio went 12/24 against Gtown and Denver went a combined 26/46. They weak point of Denver's faceoff unit is their wing play. I think Loyola's is far superior and if we go 50% we are sitting good.

As i have said all year, our Defense is solid, Wyers, Hughes, Railey at close is extremely good and schafer is playing well. Plus our d mids are solid.

Offensively we have figured it out... Swindell, James, Poitras are all drawing slides and opening up the attack.

You have already eaten crow once, be ready again
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Here's the deal.

The Hounds are playing as well or better as any other team out there. They are peaking at the right time.

If the Hounds continue to play like they have and earn a few more ground balls, Shaffer stays Hot, and we scout our opponent well and implement a good strategy, we win all our games.

Sun Tzu... Art of War.
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

Poor, poor, Sam Shafer.
Now it's a lock! Hounds win!! :lol:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”