get it done 👍
DocBarrister

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by DocBarrister »

wgdsr wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:40 am
DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:00 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:56 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:53 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:41 pm Here comes glaring ignorance of Coach Bill Dwan's role again.

Just stop.
We know his role, and it was a pretty important one.

But a true defensive coordinator would have brought in a fresh perspective and taken charge of the defense. That wasn’t going to be anyone, at least not under Petro.

DocBarrister :?
ftfy
Don’t do that ... please don’t edit another forum member’s post. Besides, I don’t agree with the substance of your edit.

DocBarrister
jiminy xmas. you're insufferable. as wombat noted, there was nothing deceptive about and in fact common in internet purveyors for what was laid out.
a) i'll pass on your directives for "another forum member's posts". you can speak for you.
b) if you continue to flat out lie about your former coaches, as you've done previously, i will call you out on your b.s. when i see it. and i won't care about "editing" your posts.

most of your ridiculous amateur lacrosse takes i let go. as do most people. but for the above, expect to be challenged. and ftr, i won't be as collegial in the future.

p.s. could care less what you agree with. clown show.
It’s rude. I even asked you politely.

Don’t edit my posts again, please. Thank you.

DocBarrister :roll:
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

HappyHourLax wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:45 am
DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:00 pm
wgdsr wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:56 pm
DocBarrister wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:53 pm
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 5:41 pm Here comes glaring ignorance of Coach Bill Dwan's role again.

Just stop.
We know his role, and it was a pretty important one.

But a true defensive coordinator would have brought in a fresh perspective and taken charge of the defense. That wasn’t going to be anyone, at least not under Petro.

ftfy
Don’t do that ... please don’t edit another forum member’s post. Besides, I don’t agree with the substance of your edit.

DocBarrister
Watch your mouth when mentioning Bill Dwan.
This is a fan and alumnus forum, so don’t threaten me. Be civil.

Bill Dwan had a great run at Hopkins and unlike nearly all the folks here, he is a true member of the Hopkins lacrosse family. He has a couple of rings and a lot of Hopkins friends to show for three decades of service to the program.

Doesn’t mean I can’t criticize Petro for not hiring an outside defensive coordinator. I think Petro and the program would have benefited from that change, much as Brian Kelly benefited when he let go of several coaches with whom he had worked decades at Notre Dame. I still believe that. It’s too late now.

I understand some here may have a personal loyalty to Bill Dwan, I understand that. But this is a sports discussion forum. We’re allowed to discuss coaches and former coaches. It’s what sports fans do.

And if you don’t understand that, maybe you’re the one who needs a change of perspective.

Don’t make those threats again, ok? It’s not polite.

@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

laxfan1313 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:27 am I think Maryland is somewhat overrated nationally. Who really knows? No out of conference games with which to compare quality. JHU has a better chance tonight than Rutgers (LOL) although a Blue Jay loss tonight gives snake-bitten Rutgers a chance for an at-large bid, although not a lock - the Terps overlook the Blue Jays at their peril. I think the game will be similar to the last one, going down to the wire. My question is, what's the over-under on the last page number for this thread before a 2022 thread is started?
As everyone knows, I am certainly no Terp fan. :?

Having said that, I think this is one of the better all-around Maryland teams of the past two decades. Not the flashiest. Not the most athletic. Not the best defense. Not the best goalie. Not the best offense of any Maryland team in that period. Just good and solid all around.

Blue Jays ... each and every one of them ... will need to bring their “A” game to beat these Terps.

Go Blue Jays!

DocBarrister :D
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:52 am
laxfan1313 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:27 am I think Maryland is somewhat overrated nationally. Who really knows? No out of conference games with which to compare quality. JHU has a better chance tonight than Rutgers (LOL) although a Blue Jay loss tonight gives snake-bitten Rutgers a chance for an at-large bid, although not a lock - the Terps overlook the Blue Jays at their peril. I think the game will be similar to the last one, going down to the wire. My question is, what's the over-under on the last page number for this thread before a 2022 thread is started?
Depends on the west coast ego.
I’m not the one who posts as “Mod Emeritus”.

Is that like the “Pope Emeritus” that Benedict XVI uses?

DocBarrister ;)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

CrookedJay wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:44 pm Longtime reader, first post. Alum under Petro.

1. Really hope the boys pull it out tonight. No reason we can’t if we win some face offs, make some saves and make their goalie think. Game isn’t that complicated.
2. The goalie looks like a lacrosse player - don’t think we’ve been able to say that since maybe Bassett?
3. You need freshman to play and play well. It motivates the entire squad and they don’t have any scare tissue.
4. Coach Dwan is a saint.
5. Not sure winning two games has me over the mid season bit about not wanting “to stick it out with my “best” player and captain when he’s struggling.”
6. The team looks like they are playing with nothing to lose which is great because they don’t. Key is to do it day 1. I did see something about a player saying that the staff was assuring the players not to worry bout making mistakes - I wonder when that started? None of the alumni updates hinted at a Dinowski/Pete Carroll coaching mantra. One thing we had to do playing under Coach P was to (a) know that you were going to get some “points of polish” (b) play freely anyway, and (c) live with the consequences. In other words, you had to learn how to deal when things didn’t go well. To me that mirrors life more than “I’m not going to yell at you,” which is the point of all of this, no? Without hesitation I would have sent my kids to play for Coach P and I wish he was still at Hop.
Thank you for this post.

As you may or may not know, I’m one of the few here who thought Coach Pietramala deserved at least one final season at Hopkins. I think he had earned that. I especially regret that he didn’t have a chance to coach some of the great young talent he had brought in.

Don’t get me wrong ... like many here, I think he would have needed to make some changes if he were to continue his tenure at Hopkins.

However, as much as I get ragged on about “transformative” people, I think few would argue with the notion that Petro was a transformational coach at Hopkins. By returning Hopkins to the national championship, working to build the Cordish Lacrosse Center, and leading the Blue Jays into the Big Ten conference, he set the program up for decades of further success.

As the Blue Jays go into battle for an unprecedented third time against Maryland, it’s fair to say all the current coaches and players owe much to Petro and his staff.

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

get it to x wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:31 pm Jays might need some help from Dunn at FO in this game. Two games in 48 hours and Maryland likely going with two or three FOGOs. Notice in some of the close losses the 4th qtr faceoff win percentage was poor. At least an indicator that fatigue might be a problem. Giving Dunn 25%-35% of the draws might pay dividends.
Blue Jays are playing their third game in 8 days. That weekend off for Maryland may play a big role today.

We’ll see ....

Leave it all out on the field, men!

DocBarrister :)
@DocBarrister
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

CrookedJay wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 2:44 pm Longtime reader, first post. Alum under Petro.

1. Really hope the boys pull it out tonight. No reason we can’t if we win some face offs, make some saves and make their goalie think. Game isn’t that complicated.
2. The goalie looks like a lacrosse player - don’t think we’ve been able to say that since maybe Bassett?
3. You need freshman to play and play well. It motivates the entire squad and they don’t have any scare tissue.
4. Coach Dwan is a saint.
5. Not sure winning two games has me over the mid season bit about not wanting “to stick it out with my “best” player and captain when he’s struggling.”
6. The team looks like they are playing with nothing to lose which is great because they don’t. Key is to do it day 1. I did see something about a player saying that the staff was assuring the players not to worry bout making mistakes - I wonder when that started? None of the alumni updates hinted at a Dinowski/Pete Carroll coaching mantra. One thing we had to do playing under Coach P was to (a) know that you were going to get some “points of polish” (b) play freely anyway, and (c) live with the consequences. In other words, you had to learn how to deal when things didn’t go well. To me that mirrors life more than “I’m not going to yell at you,” which is the point of all of this, no? Without hesitation I would have sent my kids to play for Coach P and I wish he was still at Hop.
-great post
-wonder when we'll stop debating dewan/no fall ball
-good stuff from 51. Dunn, Delaney, jaronski, martin, szulak, lilly, zinn need to continue their ascent.
-felt like thursday could have gotten out of hand in our favor if we'd been able to convert more shots from 5 feet. we've really struggled inside this year. not enough finishers aside from conor. also need to limit fluke goals on defense. mcmanus had an awful turnover late.
-curious how many calls PM has gotten from ivy refugees and how this weeks run has shaped the view of him w/recruits/media from "guy taking over big program, lets see what he can do to" to "they could win next year". as WOMBAT said each one of these wins has been critical steps forward, opportunities for the younger kids to work w/the staff, to change the national program from wilderness/rebuilding to potential winner.
-loyolas efficient effort last night looked familiar. very strange after watching a year full of games at big football stadiums, homewood, these micro lax fields to see some venues like lehigh.
-not sure what they do to get epstein going tonight.
-these are fire
https://twitter.com/KyleHarrison18/stat ... 3205893125
-the view from CP, they're worried about their faceoffs and ability to finish in big games
https://www.testudotimes.com/maryland-t ... s-to-watch
-you're right. tonight is a classic, underdog battling for a place vs top gun that's been on cruise control. No disrespect to the rest of the conference, but despite our record I think Maryland realizes we're the only program w/their level of talent in the conference and their level of skill outside the acc and maybe denver.
Last edited by jhu06 on Sat May 08, 2021 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

AreaLax wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 9:09 am Hopkins 2nd midfield

https://twitter.com/jhumenslacrosse/sta ... 21346?s=21
Hope the frosh have fun again today (because they don’t know any better).

However, something tells me today’s game may depend on Williams, DeSimone, and Epstein. They played a supporting role against Rutgers. I think today, they will need to carry the team to beat the Terps.

DocBarrister :D
@DocBarrister
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 10:29 am Hop 15-12, book it. Agree with you on Maryland.
I love it, and I wish I shared your optimism, but I hope you bring us luck tonight and beyond (understand if you want to withhold that luck if the impossible finds JHU and SU squaring off).
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Softball? Kill me now.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

Ummm, how many innings do they play in college softball?

Extra innings would be torture....
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

download foxsports app, login w/your cable provider dixon is live there.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

FannOLax wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 8:04 pm Ummm, how many innings do they play in college softball?

Extra innings would be torture....
As many as are necessary to torture lacrosse fans.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

That was one hell of a defensive stand.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

zinn bodying up bernhardt=sex
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Can't pick up a groundball and still winning after 1...
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

Well this shooting percentage isn’t likely to continue
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

welcome back 32. have a game.
SocHop72

Post by SocHop72 »

PENN ST> EPSTEIN