Syracuse 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
HopFan16

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by HopFan16 »

I think we can agree that calling the alleged victim "little girl" is out of line, no? What purpose does that serve other than to demean and belittle her? You're going to crusade against making assumptions, and then turn around in the very same post and proclaim her to be a "little girl with a temper problem" without actually knowing anything about this person or the situation? Revealing, IMO.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:17 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:53 pm Right and you're a real gem who only calls Cuse and their fans scumbags.
How 'bout you dispute facts rather than letting your emotions overrun you?
Okay for a gal to throw punches in your book? Okay for a guy to get convicted
(as he was by you and your ilk) for a hole in the wall he didn't put there?
Unless his life is in jeopardy, walk away.

Anyway, let’s wait for the third side...
If you’re a guy don’t call the cops. My wife and I were arguing around two years ago, nasty mean statements being bombed each way then she snapped and started hitting me (in front of our 4yr old daughter). She’s 5’4”, Ive been hit a lot harder though the weeding cut was painful. Ultimately she was out of control and I didn’t know what to do, really just trying to avoid any physical engagement (we both we both were verbally abusing each other in a mean argument up to that point). I call the cops, he does the report, she acknowledges hitting me, all in the report. I told him I didn’t want any charges pressed as I just couldn’t figure out how to get her to Unsnap and I recognized at a point I wasn’t going to keep getting punched in the face by anyone hence calling them to create space. I hear him on radio dispatch asking what to do and the dispatch boss tells him to bring me in Nd they automatically put an order on. She went to the judges office to have that removed just pointing out the idea an order exists is silly. Cops told me I could still press charges if I wanted but took me in. As soon as I (technically my wife) has a lawyer it was dropped thisfast.

This is a very real story I’m telling. It in no way speaks to the Scanlon situation but it’s fair to point out that there is such a thing of violence by women against men. I just want her to get the help she needs, we’re still barely together. There’s some comments here that don’t reflect any understanding of the real world on both sides and a lot of platitudes and textbook stupidity.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:14 pm I think we can agree that calling the alleged victim "little girl" is out of line, no? What purpose does that serve other than to demean and belittle her? You're going to crusade against making assumptions, and then turn around in the very same post and proclaim her to be a "little girl with a temper problem" without actually knowing anything about this person or the situation? Revealing, IMO.
Context did you not read that he has a specifically personal situation. Doesn’t make him right but to say “revealing, IMO” is a bit goofy when he laid out his biases here fairly explicitly. What id like you have revealed is the person who is flaming all of upstate NY like they want to fight someone but their doing it here on anonymous board, revealing nothing personal or sharing playing a low stakes game of nonsense.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You sure about that Drexel fan? :)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:10 pm Syracuse should have just
kept and played Sean Donnelly

and not even gone after Scanlan.
You sure about that Drexel fan? :)
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:14 pm I think we can agree that calling the alleged victim "little girl" is out of line, no? What purpose does that serve other than to demean and belittle her? You're going to crusade against making assumptions, and then turn around in the very same post and proclaim her to be a "little girl with a temper problem" without actually knowing anything about this person or the situation? Revealing, IMO.
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Unfortunately, DMac’s opinion is ripped straight out of the 1950s. Wrought with misogyny, victim shaming, and name calling (little girl has a temper problem). I am certain back in the old Laxpower days DMac would have been sent to the penalty box for a little while. Don’t worry though. This is nothing new for him. A few years back he was commenting in the Women’s Lacrosse thread about how the girls legs looked while they played.

DMac, you are wrong. What you said was wrong. And, quite frankly, your comments were embarrassing. Would you say that to a grown woman with a straight face? I spent many years coaching women’s college lacrosse and served as a coach, mentor, and confidant for many female student athletes. Your comments were nothing but belittling and misogyny at its worst. You will most certainly criticize me. That’s fine. As a man, I am not afraid to empower women and view them as equals. You should give it a shot.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

All I see here from a lot of people is a complete lack of empathy. This is a tragedy and folks are sniping over petty, inconsequential terminology and certainly not listening to others. Typical inward interaction every time things get away from lacrosse and, to be repetitive, it’s a lot of people playing a low stakes game with no skin in the game whatsoever.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:51 pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinions. Unfortunately, DMac’s opinion is ripped straight out of the 1950s. Wrought with misogyny, victim shaming, and name calling (little girl has a temper problem). I am certain back in the old Laxpower days DMac would have been sent to the penalty box for a little while. Don’t worry though. This is nothing new for him. A few years back he was commenting in the Women’s Lacrosse thread about how the girls legs looked while they played.

DMac, you are wrong. What you said was wrong. And, quite frankly, your comments were embarrassing. Would you say that to a grown woman with a straight face? I spent many years coaching women’s college lacrosse and served as a coach, mentor, and confidant for many female student athletes. Your comments were nothing but belittling and misogyny at its worst. You will most certainly criticize me. That’s fine. As a man, I am not afraid to empower women and view them as equals. You should give it a shot.
Do you really recall the LP days because the Duke thing was a thread sh**show. On both sides.

People have to separate the concept in a comment or statement and separate it from the person. Bringing up some old post tangentially related strikes me as a specific focus on the person and not on the thrust/topic/concept you’re trying to convey.

I don’t think his use of language here is correct but it’s clear this has turned into a personal fight.

Hey I do it to but then I don’t lord over people when I do it. Certainly don’t throw a lame “are you a man?” type of jab in there Which sort of only perpetuates problems men have to overcome in this world to do right by women. I would be much more direct.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:08 pm All I see here from a lot of people is a complete lack of empathy. This is a tragedy and folks are sniping over petty, inconsequential terminology and certainly not listening to others. Typical inward interaction every time things get away from lacrosse and, to be repetitive, it’s a lot of people playing a low stakes game with no skin in the game whatsoever.
According to a lot of the folks here this wasn't a tragedy; just some ol lovers spat or a little girl with a temper having a tiff
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

He’s an old man with a personal situation thats affected him. I think his terminology is poor, if not awkward, but the dude has been around for a while and I don’t see some raging mysoginist in him. Just fairly anachronistic in some areas like this topic.

What’s the point of going crazy on an old dude who’s demonstrated general decency when there’s one or two college kid lives at stake? Does it make people feel better to act like that here? It’s petty.

Explain the person on here in a milisecomd blazing people of an entire region and I have no evidence of any decency out of that person to contextualize this.

There’s a ton of geriatrics running around these boards. Challenging a perspective is one thing. Just jumping on someone without any context is pretty different don’t you think?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

jrn19 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:31 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:08 pm All I see here from a lot of people is a complete lack of empathy. This is a tragedy and folks are sniping over petty, inconsequential terminology and certainly not listening to others. Typical inward interaction every time things get away from lacrosse and, to be repetitive, it’s a lot of people playing a low stakes game with no skin in the game whatsoever.
According to a lot of the folks here this wasn't a tragedy; just some ol lovers spat or a little girl with a temper having a tiff
According to a lot of folks on LP the Duke kids should’ve gone to jail even after they were exonerated because of their filthy general behavior and white privileged. Similarity with this is the behavior of posters on both sides not the specifics of the underlying situation. Some felt they were guilty simply because they could hire a stripper and then make rude comments when she showed up not exactly looking great and high as heck.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:42 pm
jrn19 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 6:31 pm
According to a lot of folks on LP the Duke kids should’ve gone to jail even after they were exonerated because of their filthy general behavior and white privileged. Similarity with this is the behavior of posters on both sides not the specifics of the underlying situation. Some felt they were guilty simply because they could hire a stripper and then make rude comments when she showed up not exactly looking great and high as heck.
Is your entire reaction to this just going to be the Duke thing? The two are not related aside from involving lacrosse teams
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You’re not understanding at all. It’s the behavior of people here that’s the same before all is settled and concluded. You were the one who said “some folks here” and so I’m pointing to similar poor behavior.

Here’s a test for anyone:

Let’s say we find out Scanlon was physically and sexually abused by his parents who abused each other and were alcoholics and drug addicts and he now has depression and anxiety issues and is self medicating. We’d all agree that if he is guilty he needs to pay for it but would it change how you viewed his adjudication at all? Some form of punishment fine but without any rehabilitation why not give him the chair in this scenario? F it. He hit a girl (or grabbed her I guess in this case) execute him.

Point being folks are attacking each other here, devoid of anything approximating a complete story and pretending like their better while behaving poorly themselves. That’s the correlation I am reflecting with Duke. People need to be far less reductive in their thinking. Saying everything ends up being Occams Razor is lazy and incomplete.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

I have great empathy...for the victim in this alleged crime. Her life is undoubtedly changed forever. And THAT impact, is what folks like DMac are ignoring. I also have empathy for Chase and his concerning behavior. I hope he finds the help he needs so those around him in the future are healthy and happy; including him.

The point I was making about DMac’s comments about women’s lacrosse players and their bodies is that this is a pattern of behavior from him. One that is demeaning to women. Nonetheless, I offer equally criticism to anyone on this board who shares his view. He certainly isn’t the only guy that feels that way.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Well please don’t look up my posts on the political section. Generally tongue in check but I like women a bit too much if only from a thirsty difference.

But thanks for clarifying because what I’m seeing is a very binary, obtuse, “look at me” back and forth happening.

For the record I don’t think he lacks empathy or compassion for the girl. I see given his story about his one kid a combination of personal anecdotal bias combined with the age based anachronism that we will likely all suffer from culturally in some way at some point before we die. Maybe I’m wrong but that’s how I viewed it and some of the chest thumping just strikes me as worthless.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Also there another who lines in Minnesota who is advocate level liberal but don’t ask him about Lindsey Bonn or the WTA...

I think tone and body of work tell us more than singular string posts but that’s just me.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

fergie25

Post by fergie25 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 3:09 pm
fergie25 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:29 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:32 am
NYVA631 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 am ^^^^^Awesome job of victim blaming scumbag. A girl defending herself against a piece of crap is not the issue here. Continue to embarrass yourselves. Losers.
This is not victim blaming my friend, this is hearing all the facts before jumping to conclusions. You, no doubt, convicted this man when you saw the hole in the wall. This is a lovers spat that got a little out of control, the person who was swung at got the person doing the swinging under control (of course in a grip where she feared for her life...yet she didn't want him to call 911) and contained her. Had no right to throw the phone for sure (gotta wonder what was on it) but the girl had no right to throw the punch either. Two sides here, and aint that victim blaming. Maybe you, the moral authority here, ought to wait for all the facts to come out too.
I truly hope you don't have a wife, sisters, or daughters.
I guess if one doesn’t have females in their life it is of no significance?

I can’t stand this statement which is used in modified forms all the time as it somehow ties the requirement of a personal relationship to females to caring about situations such as this.
What I meant by this statement was.... considering how disrespectful DMac was to a victim of domestic violence, I would assume he treats the women in his own life with the same disdain. You're right though, you shouldn't need to have women close to you to care about these issues. I'm a female, was a college lacrosse player, and now I'm a prosecutor- domestic violence should be (and now is in most states) taken seriously, no matter how trivial the offense seems to be.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I don’t want to be defending this all. As I’ve stated I think there was a poor use of language and apparently some personal biases/blind spot. I also didn’t read the story the way he did about the hole/dent in the wall as it seemed they were saying he was still responsible for it.

Also read the piece where the prosecutor is throwing out how there’s a restraining order out there in him as if that was evidence of his guilt but as you likely know most states slap it on simply with a allegation even prior to charge which makes me find that effort to tie the order to his guilt offensive as a tactic from someone who works for the people. So there’s always a bit of games played it’s not as simple as the system would like to be portrayed as rather something of a blunt force tool applied. Perhaps that was necessary when created and implemented but I’d prefer a more rifle shot approach to these situations. Especially again unless we want to walk away from this kid for the rest of his life too and what I’ve read is a angry out of touch kid who needs help after or as well as paying for whatever crimes he’s committed here.

See my personal anecdote earlier. It’s a terrible situation and not necessarily comparable but, respectfully, the system you work in has diverged from justice over time. Prosecutors often care more about W/L than underlying right and wrong (under the guise of expediency for the system) from my observation in many situations, mine was dropped as fast as it happened because it shouldn’t have happened and was a mistake on the front end by the police. Also never got beyond technically an allegation but talk to me when you’ve had cuffs on your wrists for trying to do the right thing and legitimately was a victim of the system. It’s why I frequently delineate between codified law and “law of man” (not gender specify but euphemistically).
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Sat May 08, 2021 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

DMac

Post by DMac »

LaxPundit07 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 5:51 pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinions.Indeed, as is seen by yours here Unfortunately, DMac’s opinion is ripped straight out of the 1950s.No, DMac's opinion is not ripped straight out of the '50s. Well, unless of course that means waiting until the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth is heard/told before convicting. The sanctimonious crew here (who you seem to have assumed the position of spokesperson for), if it were week two of the Duke rape scandal, or the Virginia rape case that wasn't if you please, would be chastising me in the same way and with the same words if I were to express the same opinion about those cases as I am with this one. We have tid bits that have turned into one breaking down a door to get at another. Completely unfounded but acceptable evidence in the court of public conviction...oops, opinion. Wrought with misogyny, victim shaming, and name calling (little girl has a temper problem). To quote you, everyone is entitled to their opinion. You have to help me with your definition of misogyny. Here's what I get, misogyny; dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against women. You just want to throw that in cuz it sounds so good but there's no there there. The victim confesses/admits/states in the report that it was the victim who threw the first (and only) punch. Bringing that into the evidence pool isn't victim shaming. This should be ignored for fear of victim shaming? I am certain back in the old Laxpower days DMac would have been sent to the penalty box for a little while. Purely speculative and highly doubtful.Don’t worry t hough. This is nothing new for him. A few years back he was commenting in the Women’s Lacrosse thread about how the girls legs looked while they played. You're in the ballpark but way off base with your tacit perv twist. Yes, what I said is Michaela Michael has really nice legs and a gorgeous stride. That's quite a different tone than your twist. Oh, and you'd be hugely disappointed in knowing the number of PMs I got saying, yeah, I noticed that too. They should all stay back a hundred yards too, eh (might have been your line, maybe someone else's)?

DMac, you are wrong. What you said was wrong. And, quite frankly, your comments were embarrassing. Would you say that to a grown woman with a straight face? I spent many years coaching women’s college lacrosse and served as a coach, mentor, and confidant for many female student athletes. Your comments were nothing but belittling and misogyny at its worst. You will most certainly criticize me. That’s fine. As a man, I am not afraid to empower women and view them as equals. You should give it a shot. Spare me the lecture and superior character. Little girl....isn't that just worthy of all your belittlement. I'd say that little girl is some kind of fast watching MM running down the field too. How absolutely awful of me. I'm not at all afraid of empowering women and viewing them as equals, your suggesting I should give it a shot is just a cheap shot from the spokesperson of the sanctimonious.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

“Little girl has a temper”. Would you say “little boy has a temper” about Chase? Of course not. And THAT is misogyny. Would you say that Chase or one of his teammates has “nice legs” and “a beautiful stride?” Of course not. And THAT is misogyny. You reduce the victim and the women’s lacrosse player to their gender/sex.

And spare me the Tucker Carlsonesque rant about “stop talking down to me, you speaker of the sanctimonious”. You would be shocked to know I am a registered Republican. I just happen to have brought my social perspective into the 21st century. But well done trying to paint me into the woke liberal corner.

Congratulations on receiving private messages from other misguided posters about your legs comment. Those messages do NOT satisfy your argument that your comment was valid and just. If you dropped an N bomb on this board, you might receive some support from others in private messages. But guess what, you would still be a racist. Your argument about receiving support from others is so tired.

Also, criticizing your perspective has nothing to do with Chase’s innocence or guilt. Have I said throw him in jail? Have I said excommunicate him from society? No, he deserves due process. And I pray for both him and the accuser. As I mentioned above, I hope they both receive the help they deserve.

Another point. Remember how the entire Duke team stood arm in arm fighting for their innocence? Why haven’t we seen that from Syracuse? Best I can tell they were ready to boycott practice and playing if he was allowed around. Purely speculation, but that sounds like a bunch of teammates that KNOW Chase was in the wrong.
Last edited by LaxPundit07 on Sat May 08, 2021 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”