Syracuse 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by DMac »

Folks, I'm not trying to defend Scanlan and if this were my daughter he'd rather face the judicial system than me. Is this girl telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, or might she be exaggerating a little bit? If I feel like I'm dying, I'm not refusing any 911 calls, are you?
Just a normal lovers spat you know. Wrapped his legs around her stomach and injured her ribs and then choked her to the point she thought she'd die. Just normal stuff all lovers and people do. That Chase Scanlan, just a good ol boy! Who among us hasn't choked a woman before?
You have no more idea about what kind of relationship these two had than I do. Not my cup of tea but many relationships enjoy the heated spat and then make up sex, they think it's just the best. Not for me but it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. Just like the hole in the wall and the false conclusions drawn there, everyone should just wait for the facts to come out. That's all I'm saying, we haven't heard the full story. Enough for many to have drawn their own conclusions already but that doesn't mean jack.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:37 am
HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:25 am
DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:06 am So all the conclusions drawn from the hole in the wall are wrong.
Little girl has a temper problem too, throwing punches. Two sides
to this story as usual.
https://cnycentral.com/news/local/syrac ... c-incident
She admitted to throwing a punch AFTER he came barging in, she locked herself in the bathroom and he pounded on the door, took her phone and smashed it. Who amongst us would not feel physically threatened in that situation and might try to defend oneself? "Little girl has a temper problem too"? Totally gross. Do better.
Show me in that article where it says that.
It's not in that particular article but it was detailed in several others. Here is one:

https://www.syracuse.com/news/2021/05/s ... ll-me.html

She locked herself in the bathroom. Eventually she unlocked it, Scanlan "pushed into the bathroom, the door hit her and pushed her to the floor." Then he dropped her phone in the toilet. Then he took it and smashed it on the ground, shattering it. Then he threw it again "leaving broken glass on the carpet." Only then, after all this, did she admit to attempting a punch. If that's not grounds for socking someone then I don't know what is.

The only conclusion that's being jumped to is yours, that she's a "little girl with a temper problem." Sounds more like she put up with A LOT of sh*t from this kid before she finally had enough. Seems like the opposite of a temper to me. Might these two have a tumultuous relationship? Maybe. But on that night, he was the aggressor, physically threatened her, harassed her, and destroyed her personal belongings.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:53 am Folks, I'm not trying to defend Scanlan and if this were my daughter he'd rather face the judicial system than me. Is this girl telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, or might she be exaggerating a little bit? If I feel like I'm dying, I'm not refusing any 911 calls, are you?
Just a normal lovers spat you know. Wrapped his legs around her stomach and injured her ribs and then choked her to the point she thought she'd die. Just normal stuff all lovers and people do. That Chase Scanlan, just a good ol boy! Who among us hasn't choked a woman before?
You have no more idea about what kind of relationship these two had than I do. Not my cup of tea but many relationships enjoy the heated spat and then make up sex, they think it's just the best. Not for me but it takes all kinds to make the world go 'round. Just like the hole in the wall and the false conclusions drawn there, everyone should just wait for the facts to come out. That's all I'm saying, we haven't heard the full story. Enough for many to have drawn their own conclusions already but that doesn't mean jack.

+1

(due process isn’t generally an acceptable way for many)
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:23 am
DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:06 am So all the conclusions drawn from the hole in the wall are wrong.
to this story as usual.

Who is “Fitzpatrick” quoted often in that article? The writer never says, or did I miss it?
Fitzpatrick is the prosecutor.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:05 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:53 am Folks, I'm not trying to defend Scanlan and if this were my daughter he'd rather face the judicial system than me. Is this girl telling the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth, or might she be exaggerating a little bit? If I feel like I'm dying, I'm not refusing any 911 calls, are you?

+1

So when did you stop beating your wife, manly-man?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

to this story as usual.
Three sides actually:

Your side, my side, and the truth.
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Peter Brown wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:05 pm

+1

He has due process. It's called the court of law he will face for the crimes he's been charged with
fergie25

Post by fergie25 »

DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:32 am
NYVA631 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 am ^^^^^Awesome job of victim blaming scumbag. A girl defending herself against a piece of crap is not the issue here. Continue to embarrass yourselves. Losers.
This is not victim blaming my friend, this is hearing all the facts before jumping to conclusions. You, no doubt, convicted this man when you saw the hole in the wall. This is a lovers spat that got a little out of control, the person who was swung at got the person doing the swinging under control (of course in a grip where she feared for her life...yet she didn't want him to call 911) and contained her. Had no right to throw the phone for sure (gotta wonder what was on it) but the girl had no right to throw the punch either. Two sides here, and aint that victim blaming. Maybe you, the moral authority here, ought to wait for all the facts to come out too.
I truly hope you don't have a wife, sisters, or daughters.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Don't you fret one little bit about that, chil'.
I truly hope you don't have a husband, brother, or sons who are convicted before any facts come out too.
In case you're wondering, my middle son is divorced and has custody of his two daughters and son. Seems
as if the ex had a little problem with her temper and a little violence. This aint a one way street, let the
process play out.
NYVA631

Post by NYVA631 »

^^^ what a complete jerkoff this guy is. Bumbling idiot who just uses buzzwords to sound competent.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Right and you're a real gem who only calls Cuse and their fans scumbags.
How 'bout you dispute facts rather than letting your emotions overrun you?
Okay for a gal to throw punches in your book? Okay for a guy to get convicted
(as he was by you and your ilk) for a hole in the wall he didn't put there?
tothedraw

Post by tothedraw »

You referred to the victim as "little girl" which is gross. There are better ways to make a point than demeaning the victim.
PizzaSnake

Post by PizzaSnake »

DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:53 pm Right and you're a real gem who only calls Cuse and their fans scumbags.
Unless his life is in jeopardy, walk away.

Anyway, let’s wait for the third side...
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:53 pm Right and you're a real gem who only calls Cuse and their fans scumbags.
Who gives a turd about the hole in the wall? He's literally been charged with crimes and it's only because of some BS poorly written law he isn't being charged with worse crimes for the assault he committed on a woman
DMac

Post by DMac »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:17 pm
Unless his life is in jeopardy, walk away.

Anyway, let’s wait for the third side...
Yup, that's what you and I would do. We have no idea what the history of this relationship is, maybe it's one of those firey ones, maybe not. Indeed, we'll found out with the third side. When proven guilty, convict and punish but not before based on hearsay and out of control emotions.
DMac

Post by DMac »

jrn19 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:22 pm
Who gives a turd about the hole in the wall? He's literally been charged with crimes and it's only because of some BS poorly written law he isn't being charged with worse crimes for the assault he committed on a woman
A lot of people here cared about the hole in the wall. It was posted here to show how violent the confrontation was and how out of control Chase was. Already convicted in the court of public opinion despite the picture having nothing to do with the incident.
You're a lawyer? You're an eye witness?
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

NYVA631 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:33 am They can’t do better. They are trash people. Lack any kind of sound reasoning.
You haven’t sounded under control since you started down this path. That’s not any reflection on the people involved or situation, that’s you.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

PizzaSnake wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:14 pm
to this story as usual.
Three sides actually:

Your side, my side, and the truth.
Took me three tries to read Being and Time

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/ful ... 0030-title

According to Heidegger, judgements can be true or untrue, where the truth and Being‐true of a statement are different cases. Being‐true in the case of a statement can be termed a ‘true sentence’. What comes to be shown to be true cannot be the correspondence between the cogniser and the object, as this would mean a correspondence between physical and intellect. Instead, what comes to be shown as true is the uncoveredness of the Being (Sein) of beings (Seiende). Before we can make true or untrue judgements, primordial alethetical truth as uncoveredness and unconcealment must have happened. This means that we have encountered some entities (beings; Seiende) in their way of Being (Sein). Prior to this encountering and uncovering, we cannot make any true or untrue judgements. We can illustrate this with an example in physics. Before we can make any judgement about ‘strong interaction’ between sub‐atomic particles, nuclear physics (by Albert Einstein, Arthur Eddington, Wolfgang Pauli etc.) must have uncovered some entities (beings; Seiende) in their Being (Sein).
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

fergie25 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:29 pm
DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:32 am
NYVA631 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 am ^^^^^Awesome job of victim blaming scumbag. A girl defending herself against a piece of crap is not the issue here. Continue to embarrass yourselves. Losers.
This is not victim blaming my friend, this is hearing all the facts before jumping to conclusions. You, no doubt, convicted this man when you saw the hole in the wall. This is a lovers spat that got a little out of control, the person who was swung at got the person doing the swinging under control (of course in a grip where she feared for her life...yet she didn't want him to call 911) and contained her. Had no right to throw the phone for sure (gotta wonder what was on it) but the girl had no right to throw the punch either. Two sides here, and aint that victim blaming. Maybe you, the moral authority here, ought to wait for all the facts to come out too.
I truly hope you don't have a wife, sisters, or daughters.
I guess if one doesn’t have females in their life it is of no significance?

I can’t stand this statement which is used in modified forms all the time as it somehow ties the requirement of a personal relationship to females to caring about situations such as this.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Syracuse should have just
kept and played Sean Donnelly

and not even gone after Scanlan.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”