Syracuse 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
PizzaSnake

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by PizzaSnake »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:35 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:11 pm A few bruises? You suffer from a lack of imagination and a severe circumscription of the possible. The consequence would be commensurate with the offense and of a permanent nature. Don’t mistake me for a practitioner of idiot compassion because I display intolerance for some of the fascist tools on this board.
and the more damage you do to the young man, the longer and more sever will be your sentence. This isn't about compassion, idiotic or otherwise. This is about an understanding and a respect for the law.
Respect for the law? Blind adherence to an unjust system smacks of servility and immorality.

“Laws are spider webs through which the big flies pass and the little ones get caught.”
Honore de Balzac

So is Chase a “big fly” as you thought yourself in your “youthful” indiscretion?
"There is nothing more difficult and more dangerous to carry through than initiating changes. One makes enemies of those who prospered under the old order, and only lukewarm support from those who would prosper under the new."
DMac

Post by DMac »

NYVA631 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 3:36 pm Syracuse.com reported that Scanlan will be “automatically released under state law because misdemeanor criminal mischief is not a charge for which any bail can be set.” US Lacrosse Magazine reported that Scanlan was accused of breaking a woman’s phone, as well as a “physical altercation” with her, according to the Onondaga County District Attorney’s office.

The misdemeanor charge relates to the broken phone, but Scanlan has reportedly been separately charged with harassment that relates to the physical altercation.

...scumbag fans defending a scumbag. Another shocker on this thread. Pathetic.
Scumbag troll coming on making up stories and spreading lies.
Show me a post of a scumbag fan defending a scumbag, scumbag.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Keep in mind I haven’t downplayed or dismissed anything Scanlan did. Admittedly I barely skimmed the IL story in my car as I’ve been on the road all day yest and today.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
Laxfan00

Post by Laxfan00 »

Some of the people on this thread just don’t get it and it shows
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:35 pm
PizzaSnake wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 6:11 pm A few bruises? You suffer from a lack of imagination and a severe circumscription of the possible. The consequence would be commensurate with the offense and of a permanent nature. Don’t mistake me for a practitioner of idiot compassion because I display intolerance for some of the fascist tools on this board.
and the more damage you do to the young man, the longer and more sever will be your sentence. This isn't about compassion, idiotic or otherwise. This is about an understanding and a respect for the law.
This sounds like the Fanlax penalty box.
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

Very sad situation. If Chase needs help, get him help. He was a great player at Loyola. Didn't like the '"culture." Not sure what that meant. He played with Pat Spencer, who drew doubles every time he touched the ball after freshman year. He could finish when it came to him. # 22 at Cuse? I don't think so.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Laxfan00 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 11:30 pm Some of the people on this thread just don’t get it and it shows
Do tell so those some people do.
DMac

Post by DMac »

cantrelax wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:04 am He played with Pat Spencer, who drew doubles every time he touched the ball after freshman year. He could finish when it came to him. # 22 at Cuse? I don't think so.
That's about all he could do at Cuse too. There is no big loss with Scanlan not being on the field, never lived up to the hype, lazy player, slow, can't create, could put it in when fed in front of the cage (as he did with Spencer) but so can a whole lot of other people.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Still lovin' Hiltz's stick, it's just really pretty to watch. The firing mechanism on that weapon works so efficiently, quickly, and smoothly it's just crazy. Watch the person's stick he's throwing the ball to and see how much he has to move it when the ball gets there. It's a bullseye nearly every time whether it's a ten yard pass or thirty yard pass. Not many in the game (I don't know if there's anybody in the game who can catch and release like he does) who are as good as he is in that respect. I'd like to see him use a bounce shot more often when shooting on cage, skip that baby in off the turf and that shot is going to be tough to stop. Managed to put seven in yesterday without my help but I think if he had used the bounce shot a couple of times he would have ended up with a couple more. Very nice player, really hope it was just a minor injury when he went out.
Meanwhile, the score is 20-12, looking as if the game is pretty much in hand and out comes Phaup for the face off. JD just loves to work his FOGO like a rented mule until he wears them out or they get hurt, I just don't get it. Phaup is a really tough kid who can take a beating but give him a rest and reduce the possibility of injury fer krissakes.
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

Great box players are fun to watch. Hiltz moves without the ball with high level instincts. Top of the box, head on a swivel, watches the flow, moves into his spot, wherever that may be, and finishes clean with his quick release. Muted celebration every time, saying,without saying- "I'll be back!" He looks like nothing, but is a clear assassin.
DMac

Post by DMac »

So all the conclusions drawn from the hole in the wall are wrong.
Little girl has a temper problem too, throwing punches. Two sides
to this story as usual.
https://cnycentral.com/news/local/syrac ... c-incident
NYVA631

Post by NYVA631 »

^^^^^Awesome job of victim blaming scumbag. A girl defending herself against a piece of crap is not the issue here. Continue to embarrass yourselves. Losers.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:06 am So all the conclusions drawn from the hole in the wall are wrong.
to this story as usual.

Who is “Fitzpatrick” quoted often in that article? The writer never says, or did I miss it?
DMac

Post by DMac »

The DA.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

DMac wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:06 am So all the conclusions drawn from the hole in the wall are wrong.
to this story as usual.
She admitted to throwing a punch AFTER he came barging in, she locked herself in the bathroom and he pounded on the door, took her phone and smashed it. Who amongst us would not feel physically threatened in that situation and might try to defend oneself? "Little girl has a temper problem too"? Totally gross. Do better.
DMac

Post by DMac »

NYVA631 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:12 am ^^^^^Awesome job of victim blaming scumbag. A girl defending herself against a piece of crap is not the issue here. Continue to embarrass yourselves. Losers.
This is not victim blaming my friend, this is hearing all the facts before jumping to conclusions. You, no doubt, convicted this man when you saw the hole in the wall. This is a lovers spat that got a little out of control, the person who was swung at got the person doing the swinging under control (of course in a grip where she feared for her life...yet she didn't want him to call 911) and contained her. Had no right to throw the phone for sure (gotta wonder what was on it) but the girl had no right to throw the punch either. Two sides here, and aint that victim blaming. Maybe you, the moral authority here, ought to wait for all the facts to come out too.
NYVA631

Post by NYVA631 »

They can’t do better. They are trash people. Lack any kind of sound reasoning.
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

He has had a jury of his peers....his teammates! I accept their judgement and applaud their actions! That being said, help the kid! He's still young and has a long life ahead of him. Believe in redemption!
DMac

Post by DMac »

HopFan16 wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 11:25 am
to this story as usual.
She admitted to throwing a punch AFTER he came barging in, she locked herself in the bathroom and he pounded on the door, took her phone and smashed it. Who amongst us would not feel physically threatened in that situation and might try to defend oneself? "Little girl has a temper problem too"? Totally gross. Do better.
Show me in that article where it says that.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Just a normal lovers spat you know. Wrapped his legs around her stomach and injured her ribs and then choked her to the point she thought she'd die. Just normal stuff all lovers and people do. That Chase Scanlan, just a good ol boy! Who among us hasn't choked a woman before?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”