Loyola Greyhounds 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
GreyingHound

Re: Loyola Greyhounds 2021

Post by GreyingHound »

laxbro11 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:28 pm Off to a good start. Worried that we won’t be able to keep up with the physical play
I like what I'm seeing. Absolutely love seeing Matt Higgins get his first goal of the season. No better time!

I am the anti Kramerica right now. I think we've got this.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

laxbro11 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 7:28 pm Off to a good start. Worried that we won’t be able to keep up with the physical play
Falling apart. Mental mistakes. Dumb penalties. Poor passes. Need to regroup. Finish strong
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

you guys look great tonight.
laxbro11

Post by laxbro11 »

laxbro11 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:35 pm
Falling apart. Mental mistakes. Dumb penalties. Poor passes. Need to regroup. Finish strong
And they are playing extremely well with passion. Fun to watch.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Big win
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

GreyingHound wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 8:15 pm
I like what I'm seeing. Absolutely love seeing Matt Higgins get his first goal of the season. No better time!

I am the anti Kramerica right now. I think we've got this.

Where’s my man kramerica? He told me this game was an afterthought for Army.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Congratulations! Army was the more rested squad. For the Hounds to turn around on three days rest and defeat Army is a big accomplishment.
Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:21 am You like our chances?

Hey, hats off to the Hounds. It was a couple nice wins to save from a losing season.

But it's fool's gold. And Army is a whole different beast.

DId you see our first game against Army? Army almost doubled us up last time, 12-7. We dominated every stat category and it still didnt matter. They repeatedly pushed us into bad shots.

And I hate to say it, but we have no answer for their attack. Byrnes and Edinger ate our lunch last time. And that was before Nichtern was on his super hot streak like he is now. I expect Nichtern to feast on Friday.

There is a reason Army is raked in the top 10 and we aren't. The dream is over. Just like last time, Army jumps on us early and often in this one.

The internet is FOREVAH!!!!

You owe us a few rounds.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Congrats on the win. Charles Street teams playing well lately. By some miracle, hope to meet in the NCAA tourney, since we couldn't in the regular season.
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri May 07, 2021 9:33 pm Congrats on the win. Charles Street teams playing well lately. By some miracle, hope to meet in the NCAA tourney, since we couldn't in the regular season.
You guys played a great game against Rutgers last night. Peaking at the right time, just like the Hounds. Meeting in the postseason would be awesome! Either way, I look forward to renewing the rivalry next year.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Wow you guys are on a roll. Just looked and your profile looks playoff worthy at this point to me. That 1-3 stretch was ugly, mostly due to Towson (1 goal) loss, but no bad losses and winner of four straight now with the last three being GTown, Navy & Army. If the committee wants to consider down the stretch it's hard to ignore compared with, say, Rutgers. What are they 9-3 with no wins of note vs. 9-5 with a few QWs, one may be top 10.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

Okay Kram! Let's see it! Make it hard, nasty and negative as hell!! :lol:
Laxfan01

Post by Laxfan01 »

Where are the critics now?? I guess we do have the guys! Great win for the boys, so proud of how the team has responded. A win on Sunday would put a ribbon on the last week and a half
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

NovaHound wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:50 am Lot of confidence and momentum going for the Hounds right now. Olmstead was on fire and Seth Higgins looked sharp with the ball. Wigley's shooting percentage going up! Offense is beginning to gel and defense is just SOLID - Wyers, Hughes, Railey, Shaffer, McNulty and Middleton; and SSDMs Benus, Higgins and Rezanka!

Tough game on Friday but I like our chances.
Vindicated. I like our chances on Sunday too.
cantrelax

Post by cantrelax »

Are we in, win or lose?
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

cantrelax wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 12:19 am Are we in, win or lose?
I'm going to contradict myself and say, I think we are in now. What happens in other conferences still matters. Hopkins beating UMD will steal an at-large bid, for example. But the run we're on, with consecutive wins against Georgetown, Navy, and Army is hard to ignore.

Winning on Sunday and removing all doubt would be extra special. Note that no team has ever won the PL championship after having to play in the quarterfinal round. Let's make history!
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Need to have a Plan B & C for the face off dot. Sisslesomething is 80% #1 in D1. Best of luck!
lorin

Post by lorin »

GreyingHound wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:49 am
I'm going to contradict myself and say, I think we are in now. What happens in other conferences still matters. Hopkins beating UMD will steal an at-large bid, for example. But the run we're on, with consecutive wins against Georgetown, Navy, and Army is hard to ignore.

Winning on Sunday and removing all doubt would be extra special. Note that no team has ever won the PL championship after having to play in the quarterfinal round. Let's make history!
What history are you making?
GreyingHound

Post by GreyingHound »

lorin wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 7:42 am
GreyingHound wrote: Sat May 08, 2021 1:49 am

What history are you making?
No team has won the Patriot League tournament after having to play in the quarterfinal round. If Loyola wins tomorrow, they will be the first in history to do so.
houndace1

Post by houndace1 »

I've had a rough week of work so being able to see the bits and pieces of last nights game made my night a little bit better.

Looking at the score sheet, i think this was the best example of scoring be organically produced throughout the team. Lindley and Olmstead got their points, but so did the middies. I think they're finally coming on. Give the ball to Swindell or Wigley who has serious heat on their shots once they get their hands free.

Once Olmstead graduates, i really think the next 3 playmakers on the team that can pick up the X position is James, Kamish and honestly Poitras. They all looked comfortable dodging from behind the goal.

I still have very high hopes for Davis Lindsey, but that will wait until next year.
Loyola '18
A.M.D.G

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”