Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
foreverlax

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by foreverlax »

Trump’s Hint to Increase Legal Immigration, Automation Dooms American Workers
This week, Trump reiterated for the third time in a few weeks that he believes the U.S. should be increasing already historic levels of legal immigration — where more than 1.2 million legal immigrants are admitted every year at the expense of American taxpayers who are forced to subsidize the scheme through depressed wages and fewer job prospects.

Trump has suggested that the country does not have enough Americans to fill high-paying jobs in sectors like the automotive industry. Nonetheless, Bureau of Labor Statistics data tell a different story, one that is nowhere near a so-called “labor shortage,” as the business lobby has continued to falsely claim.

Immigration Reform Law Insititute (IRLI) Executive Director Dale Wilcox told Breitbart News that increasing legal immigration levels would subject those 13 million Americans to more foreign competition against mostly low-skilled workers. Wilcox said:

Flooding our labor force with foreign workers is inconsistent with an America First economic plan. Both Congress and the White House have stated their intent that jobs only go to foreign guest workers if Americans cannot be found to fill them, but that’s not what’s happening. An excessive flow of foreign workers into the U.S. can only result in less jobs and lower wages for Americans.

Research conducted by the Brookings think tank reveals that about a third of the U.S. workforce could be replaced by automation by 2030. Those most impacted by automation would be America’s working class in food service jobs, production jobs, transportation, and the construction industry.

About 85 percent of Americans said they support the federal government putting restrictions on the types of jobs that employers can automate, like dirty and dangerous jobs, supporting an economic nationalist agenda when it comes to the issue, Pew Research polling has found

Conclusion
In the last decade alone, the U.S. admitted ten million legal immigrants, forcing American workers to compete against a growing population of low-wage foreign workers. Meanwhile, if legal immigration continues, there will be 69 million foreign-born residents living in the U.S. by 2060. This would represent an unprecedented electoral gain for the Left, as Democrats win about 90 percent of congressional districts where the foreign-born population exceeds the national average.
Simple, bring in qualified immigrants that will vote R, since that seems to be the only thing that matters. ;)
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

National Emergency—a woman told Trump to pound sand.
“I don’t take responsibility at all.” —Donald J Trump
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Trinity wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:11 am National Emergency—a woman told Trump to pound sand.
For a guy that lies all the time, you pretends sure seem to cling to every single friggin word. (you really think he'll declare a national emergency ?)

Just cut, for one year only, the amount of federal welfare H & H gets, in half (hopkins/Harvard) , and tRump can have his measly $6 billion for the joke of a wall. So many examples of how a wall has been supported, in the past, by ALL pretend party people.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

Trump’s Political Emergency

His border order will divide Republicans and may be stopped in court.

"Mr. Trump’s obsession with building a wall has caused him no end of political grief. He’ll be lucky if this emergency declaration doesn’t end the same way."
https://www.wsj.com/articles/trumps-pol ... 1550188998
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:59 am
runrussellrun wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 7:03 am
Trinity wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:18 am More US troops headed to the southern border to prop up Trump’s manhood.
Would you prefer that United States uniformed warriors head to Venenzuala instead?

btw, who is the PR firm that makes the caravan press announcements? How does our press even know about a group of people going for a long hike?

I thought the answer to this was self evident. Faux News. It is their never ending outrage.
Clearly 72 both you and Fox have something very much in common... you both practice the fine art of never ending outrage... :lol: :lol: :lol: Except in your case your never ending outrage is logical and justified. WHY you ask??? Because stone cold 72 said so... that is why. ;) https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=st ... &FORM=VIRE
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

runrussellrun wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:58 am
Trinity wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:11 am National Emergency—a woman told Trump to pound sand.
For a guy that lies all the time, you pretends sure seem to cling to every single friggin word. (you really think he'll declare a national emergency ?)

Just cut, for one year only, the amount of federal welfare H & H gets, in half (hopkins/Harvard) , and tRump can have his measly $6 billion for the joke of a wall. So many examples of how a wall has been supported, in the past, by ALL pretend party people.
Pretends(noun) or pretend (verb)?If you lump me in with NOUNS, I aver that I do indeed cling to EVERY word he spews. Do you find fault with the NOUNS like me that deign to pay attention? The actual, factual experiences I've had with this Trump throughout the years(Gotta check with Cosmo Kramer to ensure I did or did not have any interactions with that thing) have informed me that he's going to LIE like hell as he always had and always will.

First time I watched him bloviate that MEXICO would pay for the wall, I laughed. Same old, same old jackass.

Query: Do you really believe every NOUN, VERBED to have supported a Wall?
ggait

Post by ggait »

“I didn’t need to do this,” Trump says of an emergency declaration that his attorneys will have to defend in court was justified by an emergency… “I just want to get it done faster, that’s all."

Bill Barr (first day at the new job) thinks "what was I thinking."
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Barr is probably reading the NSA transcripts tonight.
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

"You pretends sure seem to cling to every single friggin word. (you really think he'll declare a national emergency) "

I will continue to enthusiastically cling to his every single friggin :o (a Norse god?) word.If a person exercised their right to go cling-free, he/she would have missed the VSG telling the world about his puzzlin' attempt to do an end-run around Congress?

I'm sure I heard IT say he had declared a NATIONAL EMERGENCY...but didn't have to?

QUIZ: When a NATIONAL EMERGENCY is declared ex-cathedra(or the American equivalent), wouldn't the declarer of such news, be malfeasant if the Nation was facing a NATIONAL EMERGENCY but the declarer chose NOT TO DECLARE one? :|
old salt

Post by old salt »

Trinity wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:31 pm Barr is probably reading the NSA transcripts tonight.
Not necessary. He's a Wash Post subscriber.
Trinity

Post by Trinity »

Then he won’t be meddling.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trumps-im ... nstitution

Trump’s False Flag Operation. Part duh.

Even Chris Wallace at Fox gets it—the emergency must be real.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

So money for fighting drug smuggling will be diverted to “build the wall”. Wait for the flunkies to say “this is just a different way to combat drug smuggling” despite the FACT that most drugs come in via ports of entry. Dopes.
“I wish you would!”
old salt

Post by old salt »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:19 am despite the FACT that most drugs come in via ports of entry. Dopes.
Show us the facts to back that up. How do we know how much unseized dope get's through at the ports of entry, overland between them, by air, sea or mail.

We don't know how much gets through, or how & where. We seize more at the ports because we have the ability to search there.

What % of dope entering the US are we seizing ?

Barriers make it possible to more effectively surveil & respond to the open areas of the border, between the ports of entry.
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:48 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:19 am despite the FACT that most drugs come in via ports of entry. Dopes.
Show us the facts to back that up. How do we know how much unseized dope get's through at the ports of entry, overland between them, by air, sea or mail.

We don't know how much gets through, or how & where. We seize more at the ports because we have the ability to search there.
Problem here, obviously, is that this logic that applies to bringing drugs from the South, applies to humans.

In both instances, circumstantial evidence is used to understand what's going on where. But that doesn't stop everyone from swearing the wall will or won't work.
Typical Lax Dad

Barriers make it possible to more effectively surveil & respond to the open areas of the border, between the ports of entry.
That's your how do you prove a negative logic....carry on.
“I wish you would!”
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Gee, how do we know its not illegal Martians bringing the drugs in by invisible spaceship?
Prove its not Martians.

More seriously, Salty, we've penetrated the drug cartels again and again and we have lots of human intelligence about their various methods.
The vast bulk of drugs are coming through the legal ports of entry...yes, we catch more there too, but only a very small part of what gets through.

Think about it, if I can reliably ship in huge amounts on a truck with a single driver, why would I use a couple hundred human mules to carry it through the desert?

If I also bother to dig long tunnels under the fences and send through vast amounts of drugs there in bulk, instead of trying to send human mules through the desert, why would I do so if its so easy to send it where there aren't fences??
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Why is everyone forgetting the obvious when it comes to drugs......DRONES

The wall is stupid. Everify....and legalize it.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
wahoomurf

Post by wahoomurf »

wahoomurf wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:41 pm "You pretends sure seem to cling to every single friggin word. (you really think he'll declare a national emergency) "

I will continue to enthusiastically cling to his every single friggin :o (a Norse god?) word.If a person exercised their right to go cling-free, he/she would have missed the VSG telling the world about his puzzlin' attempt to do an end-run around Congress?

I'm sure I heard IT say he had declared a NATIONAL EMERGENCY...but didn't have to?

QUIZ: When a NATIONAL EMERGENCY is declared ex-cathedra(or the American equivalent), wouldn't the declarer of such news, be malfeasant if the Nation was facing a NATIONAL EMERGENCY but the declarer chose NOT TO DECLARE one? :|
Mea culpa. Frigg was a goddess...Odin's wife.
old salt

Post by old salt »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 4:53 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 3:44 pm

Gee, how do we know its not illegal Martians bringing the drugs in by invisible spaceship?
Prove its not Martians.

More seriously, Salty, we've penetrated the drug cartels again and again and we have lots of human intelligence about their various methods.
The vast bulk of drugs are coming through the legal ports of entry...yes, we catch more there too, but only a very small part of what gets through.

Think about it, if I can reliably ship in huge amounts on a truck with a single driver, why would I use a couple hundred human mules to carry it through the desert?

If I also bother to dig long tunnels under the fences and send through vast amounts of drugs there in bulk, instead of trying to send human mules through the desert, why would I do so if its so easy to send it where there aren't fences??
Just show us the facts that back up the assertion that most of the drugs come through the ports of entry.
How do we know that ? The only data I've seen is based on how much is seized. Everything else is analysis or extrapolation. We have no way of knowing how much gets through. What % comes through between POEs.
A barrier is to stop people, not just drugs.
Are you assuming we seize the same % at the POEs as we seize in between ?
Apply your Martian brain to the question, rather than blindly repeating a talking point you can't substantiate.
Typical Lax Dad

These methods seem more efficient than having women carry drugs through the desert....but you never know. You can be smuggling drugs for all I know. Prove that you are not...

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/us/d ... l.amp.html

If women walking from Guatemala was all we had to worry about we would t have the volume of addicts we have in this country. Sampling is a well known method of statistical analysis.

Instead of a wall, we should build a force field!
https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/2591279002
“I wish you would!”

Return to “POLITICS”