Patriot League

D1 Mens Lacrosse
TopShelf585

Re: Patriot League

Post by TopShelf585 »

Great win for the Hounds over the Hoyas but a better win for the Patriot League.
Lehigh needs to take care of Nova this weekend then an At Large looks like a done deal for someone.
courtdog

Post by courtdog »

TopShelf585 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:11 pm Great win for the Hounds over the Hoyas but a better win for the Patriot League.
Lehigh needs to take care of Nova this weekend then an At Large looks like a done deal for someone.
Seems like Patriot League, CAA, Big East, America East in that order for tiering. Yes, Denver and Gtown may be up there but the rest of that league hasn't shown anything, same with the bottom of the AE.
old salt

Post by old salt »

As posted in the Navy thread :

Despite having more to play for (needing to win for a bye), Army looked flat against Colgate.
Trouble clearing & ball watching on D.
Colgate's offense looked good vs Army's vaunted D.
BU vs Colgate could be an offensive shootout.

The Army webcast announcers are funny. They say Army is a better team than Navy. Army just had a bad day in Annapolis. They prefer to see an Army rematch vs Navy rather than Loyola in the PLT SF because of Coach A's record of twice beating Navy in the PLT after losing to the Mids in star games. ...wonder if they heard about the coaching change at Navy.

They also said that Army's the best overall PL team, they can beat Lehigh if they can win 20% of FO's, & both teams will go to the NCAA's. :roll:
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

Lehigh currently taking it on the chin from Nova
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Was bummed Nova charges, wanted to see this one.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
calourie

Post by calourie »

Sisselberger won 20 out of 22 face offs and Lehigh still lost 16-8, not a pretty picture.
molo

Post by molo »

Does Lehigh now have to win the PLT to make the NCAAT? With Syracuse's collapse against ND today, Army is not such a lock for the NCAAT anymore.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

molo wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:18 pm Does Lehigh now have to win the PLT to make the NCAAT? With Syracuse's collapse against ND today, Army is not such a lock for the NCAAT anymore.
Sadly with this beat down I’m thinking the winner of PLT is the only ticket to the big dance.
RumorMill

Post by RumorMill »

Great battle by Colgate! Face offs certainly helped. Was hoping for more out of Navy, but Loyola looked sharp (helped by Navy errors). Looking forward to Army v Loyola.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Loyola is trending, and Army looked like old Army 3yds & a cloud of dust offense vs Navy. The Patriot League was not looking forward to a hungry Loyola team. I’ve heard Brendan Nichterns name a lot. He has to post a number vs Loyola 4 & 2 , 5 & 2. Are you this player people have been slobbering over ? Let’s see it! March lacrosse is not May lacrosse. Lehighs nose is still crooked from the Nova game. This is going to be a v good final.
lorin

Post by lorin »

Mr3Putt wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:13 am Loyola is trending, and Army looked like old Army 3yds & a cloud of dust offense vs Navy. The Patriot League was not looking forward to a hungry Loyola team. I’ve heard Brendan Nichterns name a lot. He has to post a number vs Loyola 4 & 2 , 5 & 2. Are you this player people have been slobbering over ? Let’s see it! March lacrosse is not May lacrosse. Lehighs nose is still crooked from the Nova game. This is going to be a v good final.
I'm sur you did a lot of research before you posted. But just to fact check, Army beat Loyola 12-7 last game. Nichtern no points. Also, I'm pretty sure in 2019 the Patriot League tournament was played in May. Nichtern put 17 points in 3 games. I think he knows how to play in May.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

And Nichtern was just named PoW for the PL.
Nice run to save face for the Hounds.
But it ends Friday. Loyola just doesn't have it this year.
There is a reason Army is a top 10 team and an NCAA lock.
Army rolls against Loyola. Again.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

lorin wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:33 am
Mr3Putt wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:13 am Loyola is trending, and Army looked like old Army 3yds & a cloud of dust offense vs Navy. The Patriot League was not looking forward to a hungry Loyola team. I’ve heard Brendan Nichterns name a lot. He has to post a number vs Loyola 4 & 2 , 5 & 2. Are you this player people have been slobbering over ? Let’s see it! March lacrosse is not May lacrosse. Lehighs nose is still crooked from the Nova game. This is going to be a v good final.
I'm sur you did a lot of research before you posted. But just to fact check, Army beat Loyola 12-7 last game. Nichtern no points. Also, I'm pretty sure in 2019 the Patriot League tournament was played in May. Nichtern put 17 points in 3 games. I think he knows how to play in May.
He had donuts vs Navy. The biggest game of the year. He also had donuts vs Loyola last game when Loyola was playing D3 offense for about a month. No one cares about 2019. In Covid years/ time that’s like seven years ago.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:41 am And Nichtern was just named PoW for the PL.
I like your predictions ;) :shock:
:lol:
Go Hounds :D
lorin

Post by lorin »

Mr3Putt wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:37 am
lorin wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 8:33 am
He had donuts vs Navy. The biggest game of the year. He also had donuts vs Loyola last game when Loyola was playing D3 offense for about a month. No one cares about 2019. In Covid years/ time that’s like seven years ago.
Your so right most likely donuts again.
kramerica.inc

Post by kramerica.inc »

I wouldn't bet on doughnuts. Nichtern is on fire. The hottest player in the PL. National AA. PL player of the week.
Etc Etc. Tough to shut him down twice. He will get his.

And let's not forget. Army didn't even NEED Nichtern last time. Loyola swarmed Nichtern and what happened? Byrnes and Edinger walked all over us. Unless we can play with 7 poles out there, I don't see the Hounds stopping that offensive unit. Good run Hounds. Looking forward to 2022.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

kramerica.inc wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 12:26 pm Good run Hounds. Looking forward to 2022.
Loyola is trending and Army/Lehigh have been running on fumes & have looked underwhelming as of late.
Both may have enough left in the tank to limp to the finish line but without a doubt the Hounds are playing with renewed life.
old salt

Post by old salt »

NovaHound wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 11:42 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 9:41 am And Nichtern was just named PoW for the PL.
I like your predictions ;) :shock:
:lol:
Go Hounds :D
Mystery solved. Kramer is Army's color guy on the ESPN webcasts from Michie Stadium. :lol:
old salt

Post by old salt »

Colgate & Loyola are really playing well. Lehigh & Army, not so much.

Savio & Colucci are the next highest rated PL FOGOs after Sisselberger.
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

1. If Loyola beats Army, do they have a shot for an at-large bid?
2. If Army loses to Loyola, could they be out?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”