Landmark 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
River Donkey

Re: Landmark 2021

Post by River Donkey »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:23 am Scranton has 2 losses to top seed Catholic and Etown lost to Scranton and Catholic. Not sure how they get the higher seed. I get they have more wins but Scranton can't control the cancelled games due to Covid. Scranton definitely got shafted.
I agree
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

I didn't realize both games against Drew were cancelled this year.

That definitely is a tough break and now being the 3 seed and having to host (and finally play) Drew.

A win and it looks like they can take out their frustrations in a rematch, although it would be on the road at ETown
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I agree I don't understand the set up of the playoffs either. Catholic was def dominate in the first and 4 th quarter against E'town. What great luck getting the D1 transfer Crowley a man among boys for sure. Its definitely their championship to loose. Its def been 2 crazy seasons. 2020 was prob Etowns championship to loose and 2121 with all the transfers throughout all the divisions has change things up for sure. ACC has prob the best 5 teams in one conf that's just crazy. Hopefully next year things go back to normal but will be interesting with the NCAA giving eligibility for another year. I wonder if this will affect all sports next year making teams more dominate.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

laxbro1955 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:09 am What great luck getting the D1 transfer Crowley a man among boys for sure. Its definitely their championship to loose.

Couldn't agree more. :o

I see that Moravian and Susquehanna split this year, both winning on their own home field.

Advantage Susquehanna today?
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I was surprised that Moravian came back after losing 2 in a row to SU. Good win for them
Scranton embarrassed Drew 21-1 still shooting with 2 min to go. Drew had already conceded switching goalies and players.
poorgene

Post by poorgene »

laxbro1955 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:23 pm I was surprised that Moravian came back after losing 2 in a row to SU. Good win for them
Scranton embarrassed Drew 21-1 still shooting with 2 min to go. Drew had already conceded switching goalies and players.
Moravian didn’t lose 2 in a row to SU, they went 1-1 both winning the home games. It was a good win for a young team.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Catholic/Moravian
Etown/Scranton

I pretty sure Catholic will handle Moravian for the 3rd time this season. Moravian just doesn't have enough firepower to keep up with Catholic this year. Catholic get's to host their first conference title.

Etown/Scranton should be a battle. Scranton really unleashed their frustration on Drew yesterday, curious if they carry that into Etown after getting screwed in the seedings.

Either way hopefully we get some great action mid week and a strong conference title game.

Any thoughts on All conference?
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

poorgene wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 6:57 am
laxbro1955 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:23 pm I was surprised that Moravian came back after losing 2 in a row to SU. Good win for them
Moravian didn’t lose 2 in a row to SU, they went 1-1 both winning the home games. It was a good win for a young team.
Congrats to Moravian! They overcame a 4 goal deficit to start the game as well. Way to many penalties from both teams but you have to wonder if the bench penalty on SU didn’t ignite the flame for Moravian. Both teams emptied the tank and battled for 60 minutes, my hats off to both teams!
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I agree that Catholic will handle Moravian on wednesday but good for them getting to the playoffs.
Not sure about the Scranton vs Etown game, there last meeting Etown was down a lot of guys with covid.
Should be good games and glad the kids got to play them all the teams have gone through a lot getting tested weekly, games being postponed or cancelled. No fans at most of the games too. I would hope Catholic would lift there restrictions since they are hosting the championship game. Will be a downer for the kids for sure not celebrating with fans and team. I doubt it though being in DC. Moravian is the only school that has no rules except to wear a mask. Be nice if the Championship could be played there.
Last edited by laxbro1955 on Sun May 02, 2021 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poorgene

Post by poorgene »

Moravian just beat Drew... so I have no clue what you’re trying to say.

Moravians a young team who are playing hard and who had the hardest Landmark schedule.

The game yesterday was a good game, except that the SU livestream was pretty bad, it even shutdown in the 2nd quarter.
riptide45

Post by riptide45 »

Any thoughts on conference awards? I was happy to see the nod given to Hoffmeister for Coach of the Year given he's running a one man show in a very challenging year. https://landmarkconference.org/sports/m ... lax-awards
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

riptide45 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:37 pm Any thoughts on conference awards? I was happy to see the nod given to Hoffmeister for Coach of the Year given he's running a one man show in a very challenging year. https://landmarkconference.org/sports/m ... lax-awards
I couldn’t agree more. He’s a real class act.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Congrats to all the award winners and all conference team. It is curious though that Hofmeister gets Coach of the Year despite finishing in 3rd but Catholic with a new HC goes undefeated and has shown dominance all season. Perhaps some politics behind the scenes.

Either way some action tonight....

Catholic/Moravian-----I think Catholic rolls, this team has alot of firepower and has solid depth. The D is as dominant as I have ever seen. Predicition- CUA 22 Moravian- 9

Etown/Scranton.....This should be a fun game to watch, Etown has been the league favorite the past few years but a new HC is in place. Scranton showed their frustration with the seeding issue by crushing Drew. I think this is close but I think Scranton pulls this off. Prediction Scranton 12 Etown 10

That sets up Catholic/Scranton in DC, hopefully the district can figure it out and allow some fans in the stands.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Credit to Moravians Goalie 31 saves on 42 shots has to be a record. They played hard just to much fire power in the end on Catholic. Good Season
Etown looked better against Scranton the defense stepped it up maybe getting use to the new players. Scrantons FOGO only lost 6 faceoffs (Great game for him ) caused Def to see 50 shots. Good win for them.
Maybe picked Scranton coach because they figured they were a shoe in for the Championship game ( who knows how they vote)
Would be nice if parents could go to the game I'm sure last game for a lot of the kids.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

I agree major Kudos to the Moravian goalie who kept the game close despite being peppered with shots. Surprised by the Etown/Scranton game with a dominant performance by the Scranton fogo.

Should be a good game Saturday in DC and I agree I hope some fans can come to the game.

My Championship Prediction...Catholic 14 Etown 8
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Good Win for Catholic anxious to see how they do against competition in the first round.
riptide45

Post by riptide45 »

Definitely expected more of a fight out of etown yesterday. congrats to catholic - would be good to see the landmark win a game or two in the ncaas, but they certainly won’t be favorites regardless of who they draw
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Stevens should be a fun draw for Catholic. Either way tough matchup in the 2nd round for whoever wins in Lynchburg.

Catholic was dominant this year and they graduate very little. Curious to see how the rest of the conference retools this offseason to compete against the Cardinals.

Either way it was great that the Landmark was able to have a season despite some hiccups. Hopefully we get a full slate of action next year with fans in the stands.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Anxious to see how Catholic will do in NCAA against teams that will have an answer for Crowley getting 6 goals, the other guys better be ready to step it up. Catholic should be good next year but graduating their best player is going to hurt. He was a big reason for their success. The def was strong too, it was easy for the goalie to look good not seeing 55 shots a game. Will be curious to see how he will handle getting fired upon by teams that have numerous scorers. Will have to play flawless on both sides of the ball to have a chance.
Next year Catholic, Etown and Scranton prob the leaders in conference. Who knows what Goucher will have maybe a total rebuild because kids are leaving or left to play this year. the biggest unknown is another year of eligibility, maybe guys are coming back and or getting some D1 transfers like Catholic lucked out and got. Won't Know until February 2022. Glad this year is over, playing just in conference was horrible.
laxdad30

Post by laxdad30 »

I know what Goucher has... But I will wait to see how fall practice goes before I speculate. Spring was just practice for them but some players stood out.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”