BIG Tourney

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

Re: BIG Tourney

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:54 pm
glaxer24 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:36 pm
DMac wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:28 pm First time seeing NU, nice.
Rutgers up 5-3 early.
Anywhere to watch the game other than B1G network?
Sorry, didn't see this. Not that I know of and I have no idea how I'm getting this cuz I sure as hell aint payin' for the B1G Network. Somethin's screwed up...lucky me.
You tuned into the Big Ten Network on TV. That's a separate entity from BTN+ ($). The only way for a person to watch the BTN Network is to have it included in ones cable package (or YouTube TV).

What did you think of NU, D?
DMac

Post by DMac »

I actually didn't end up watching too much of this one, wasn't really focused on it, screwing around doing other stuff plus my head was still spinning a bit from the Cuse game. Scane was having an off day, think she was 1-9 shooting. Didn't really see enough of their D to make an evaluation. Then I watched most of the Hop-Maryland game....now that was what you'd call awful. Maryland didn't need much D as Hop just kept turning the ball over to them. Thirty some odd minutes into the game Hop finally scores their first goal and they're only down three. How crazy is that? Not much at all from Cordingley in the last two games, not much from Maryland either, they weren't a whole lot better. Certainly don't see them as #6 ranked team. ;)
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

DMac wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 7:07 am I actually didn't end up watching too much of this one, wasn't really focused on it, screwing around doing other stuff plus my head was still spinning a bit from the Cuse game. Scane was having an off day, think she was 1-9 shooting. Didn't really see enough of their D to make an evaluation. Then I watched most of the Hop-Maryland game....now that was what you'd call awful. Maryland didn't need much D as Hop just kept turning the ball over to them. Thirty some odd minutes into the game Hop finally scores their first goal and they're only down three. How crazy is that? Not much at all from Cordingley in the last two games, not much from Maryland either, they weren't a whole lot better. Certainly don't see them as #6 ranked team. ;)
If the Terps end up being ranked in the top 10 at the end of this season, in the immortal words of Arthur Kirkland, "...then something reeeaaaallllly wrong is going on here!"
nomofogo

Post by nomofogo »

fergie25 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:49 pm why don't they get a day between games like the ACC?
The mens side of the Big Ten Tourney is also playing at Panzer Stadium over this weekend
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

its hard to say just how good, or not so good that NU is at this point. Rutgers played them pretty even until halfway through the 2nd half and then just didn't have any answer for the run & gun style of NU. NU has a nice ride but set defense doesn't seem that good and their goalie is just ok, IMO. NU's strategy seems to be if you score 20 we will score 25.

The Gilbert kid is the fastest kid I've seen in wlax, amazing.

I honestly don't see them getting closer than 5/7 goals to UNC.

I do think Rutgers got themselves an at large bid yesterday based on their play and probably pushed out Ohio State and PSU.

Is MD even a top 15 team at this point - they are painful to watch.
Maryland75

Post by Maryland75 »

Maryland is not a top ten team at this point but neither are Duke, Virginia and perhaps Norte Dame. Fortunately the future is bright for Maryland with five 5 star recruits coming in next year and probably the top freshmen class.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Maryland75 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:15 am Maryland is not a top ten team at this point but neither are Duke, Virginia and perhaps Norte Dame. Fortunately the future is bright for Maryland with five 5 star recruits coming in next year and probably the top freshmen class.
Totally disagree with this as to Duke and Notre Dame. They are clearly top ten teams this year. I am pretty sure Virginia would beat Maryland too.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

8meterPA wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:19 am its hard to say just how good, or not so good that NU is at this point. Rutgers played them pretty even until halfway through the 2nd half and then just didn't have any answer for the run & gun style of NU. NU has a nice ride but set defense doesn't seem that good and their goalie is just ok, IMO. NU's strategy seems to be if you score 20 we will score 25.
Agree! Even with the ability to score 20-25NU is averaging 14.4 TOs per game and thats with a Big 10 only schedule. TOs in their last 4 games - 18 vs MD on 3/29, 22 vs OSU on 4/8, 12 vs UM on 4/18, and 15 vs Rutgers on 4/30. They're going to have to clean it up if then meet UNC or else the Heels will make them pay. Carolina is averaging a clean 10.4 TOs per game and in 4 of their last 5 games have kept TOs to single digits. NU might have the speed and depth to keep fresh legs in the game in order to keep up with UNC's quick transition, but it's hard to tell with the Big 10 playing conference-only.
fergie25

Post by fergie25 »

random question, but why do only some players consistently wear masks while not on the bench? I've noticed that #23 on northwestern always wears a mask when she's playing but nobody else does.
livelovelax

Post by livelovelax »

The question should be, "Why is any player wearing a mask on the field or the sidelines?" They must be science deniers. Insanity.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Maryland75 wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 9:15 am Maryland is not a top ten team at this point but neither are Duke, Virginia and perhaps Norte Dame. Fortunately the future is bright for Maryland with five 5 star recruits coming in next year and probably the top freshmen class.
Ok, name ten teams that would beat Notre Dame and Duke over 50% of the time.
Maryland75

Post by Maryland75 »

In this years Covid 19 era it is hard to say who could beat who since there is so little games being played outside of a teams league. Who have Notre Dame, Duke or Virginia beaten this year? For that matter who has Stony Brook beaten? We really don’t know who would win between UNC or Northwestern. How good is Florida or Lehigh. How did a ravaged Syracuse team beat BC if BC is that good? A lot of questions which will be answered at tournament time. In a regular season with full schedules ND, Duke and Virginia wouldn’t be considered top ten teams with the number of losses they have.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

nomofogo wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:10 am
fergie25 wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 9:49 pm why don't they get a day between games like the ACC?
The mens side of the Big Ten Tourney is also playing at Panzer Stadium over this weekend
Only the men’s game btw PSU vs Hopkins was being played at Panzer this weekend. The men’s semi is on Thursday
LarryGamLax

Post by LarryGamLax »

livelovelax wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:37 pm The question should be, "Why is any player wearing a mask on the field or the sidelines?" They must be science deniers. Insanity.
Please stop this! You're better than this. I know you are. :(
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Anyone else notice that the rover for NU is consistently in 3 seconds? This is only the second time I have seen NU this year, but it seems like I thought the same last time.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

looks like NU is pulling away - 9-7. Scane is en fuego
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Wildcats fired up now. 10-7 with 27 minutes to go.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

12-7 good night Irene
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

What the Terps are demonstrating in this game is what they have been for the last two years. Inconsistent, no offensive leadership. mediocre goaltending. The Terps of the first 20 minutes of this game was the anomaly.
Maryland75

Post by Maryland75 »

Mediocre goaltending? Sterling looks pretty good to me against a high powered NU team.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”