Syracuse 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Matnum PI

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by Matnum PI »

calourie wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:50 pm...In this case I think the players are ahead of the curve and Desko slightly behind...
It seems this way. This quote (below) seemingly speaks to this.
“It’s unlike anything I’ve ever heard of. He’s on the team, but the guys don’t want him on the team,” Genco said. “I honestly believe Chase doesn’t know what’s going on. I think he’s still hanging onto hope that he can still be a part of the team.”
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:28 pm
wgdsr wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 5:16 pm in his week ago presser, without saying specifically the university admins were the ones that suspended scanlan, desko said the university would let him know if or when it would end.

- after likely any number of meetings with honchos and attys, a week later desko says he reinstated him to the team. with any number of honchos and attys on the call.

for anyone to think they know who said what to whom/what should or needed to be done/options at this point in the process is absurd.

carry on with the speculating.
Can you link to where Desko said last week he was waiting on the university to determine the length of the suspension? I recall him saying he didn't know when it would end, or something to that effect, but not that the decision was out of his control entirely.

Desko said yesterday it was his decision to reinstate. That's the opposite of speculating. That's basically the only fact we have. If you think he wasn't telling the truth about that, well, then, THAT would be speculating.

And if it was his decision to reinstate, as he said it was, then it must have been his decision to suspend too, no? He wouldn't be able to unilaterally undo a decision that wasn't made by him in the first place.

No matter what happened, the messaging surrounding this has been ungood.
i'm sure you can find it.
warmups in a few...
DMac

Post by DMac »

Patience, grasshoppers. The drama will unfold and the story, the whole story, and nothing nothing but the story will be told.
I'd bet some are being schooled by those in the legal profession, maybe even njb or sc, as to what one should and should not say. Meanwhile, ND awaits. Bringing quite a dynamic to the game, I'd think you'd want to look real good on that day. As described in THE JERK, this one's gonna be either schidt or shinola for the Cuse.
Go Cuse

Name a better catch and release person than Hiltz whose played at Cuse.
Answer: None.
a fan

Post by a fan »

DMac wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:21 pm Name a better catch and release person than Hiltz whose played at Cuse.
Kotz. Quickest release in the sport, what with that tennis racket of his. But that was a loooooong time ago, no? ;)
DMac

Post by DMac »

Saw Kotz play but not really very much, hadn't moved to Cuse yet. Saw him in the either the '84 or '85 NC game when Cuse jumped out to a 3-0 lead then didn't score for the next 48 minutes...Hop had their way with the boys that day. Can't argue/discuss the point but Hiltz's catch and release is like few others. So smooth, fluid, quick and accurate it's crazy...very pretty to watch.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

DMac wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:21 pm Patience, grasshoppers. The drama will unfold and the story, the whole story, and nothing nothing but the story will be told.
I'd bet some are being schooled by those in the legal profession, maybe even njb or sc, as to what one should and should not say. Meanwhile, ND awaits. Bringing quite a dynamic to the game, I'd think you'd want to look real good on that day. As described in THE JERK, this one's gonna be either schidt or shinola for the Cuse.
Go Cuse

Cody Jameison?
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

DMac wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:21 pm
Gerry McNamara
DMac

Post by DMac »

Cody Jameison?
Nice stick, quick stick, typical NA stick, but nope.
Was nice and quick enough to score that '09 NC goal though. ;)
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Heyo! Calling all Cornell fans to relive a great memory while you sit this season out!
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 7:01 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:21 pm Patience, grasshoppers. The drama will unfold and the story, the whole story, and nothing nothing but the story will be told.
Go Cuse

Cody Jameison?
Correct,

and proven,
in the most high pressure of circumstances.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

The very best Cody Jameison event was Hobart-Syracuse 2010 when my main man Max Silberlicht blasted him on the crease on an attempted fast break with a hit that would’ve made Ronnie Lott immediately gain empathy and quit football if he had seen it while in his playing days.

https://www.syracuse.com/orangelacrosse ... com_1.html

Our goalie was on fire. And when they say “leveled” in there it is translated to mean “knocked the kid 3-4ft airborn macktruck style”
Homewood15

Post by Homewood15 »

10stone5 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:29 am
CharmCityLaxMan wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 11:37 pm
born2lax wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:37 pm This has shades of the Bratton twin debacle at UVA, we all know how that ended...a national championship on Memorial Day.
A ridiculous post about a potentially serious issue.
This a valid point about the team and the play on the
field.

Not of course the issues off the field, which are/were
very much different.

Not sure if Syracuse has a Steele Stanwick on the roster,
is the catch, one of the really great individual end of
season runs, Stanwick was something to watch.
+1.
They don’t. There won’t be another like him for a long time. He (and Ghitelman) single handedly won UVA that national championship. After the bratton’s got suspended and they decided to run the offense through Steele and the Attack it was game over. Lacrosse IQ and stick skills at its finest from #6. What a treat that was to watch — and in my opinion a somewhat underrated player by many. A 10/10 attackman.
Nigel

Post by Nigel »

a fan wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:31 pm
DMac wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:21 pm Name a better catch and release person than Hiltz whose played at Cuse.
Kotz. Quickest release in the sport, what with that tennis racket of his. But that was a loooooong time ago, no? ;)
Super nice guy too. Spent some time with him down at a wlax game at Bucknell recently. You'd never know he was so accomplished at SU.
If we need that extra push over the cliff, ya know what we do...eleven, exactly.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Keogh had a more limited game than OH, but his catch and shoot was pretty good.
a fan

Post by a fan »

seacoaster wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:07 pm
Keogh had a more limited game than OH, but his catch and shoot was pretty good.
All super players, all with quick hands....nice to steer the conversation back on to the field for a moment.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Attachments
5364FAEA-3B3F-4195-B89D-824FD6776808.jpeg
5364FAEA-3B3F-4195-B89D-824FD6776808.jpeg (244.03 KiB) Viewed 3058 times
DMac

Post by DMac »

Yup, old news, go back to page twenty and you'll see it posted there a couple of times already.
Meanwhile the boys are getting ready to face a tough Notre Dame team.
Quite a lot on the line today, we'll see if the boys can rise above the scandal.
Captains have proven themselves off the field, now let's see if they can get the
team up and ready to prove themselves on the field.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Sorry. Missed that. Day job getting in the way of my lacrosse punditry this week.
DMac

Post by DMac »

:lol:
molo

Post by molo »

I know ND is good, but What the heck?

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”