Bracketology - Always a sign The Tournament is near

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Brownlax

Re: Bracketology - Always a sign The Tournament is near

Post by Brownlax »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:42 pm So there are going to be games in “Notre Dame” Indiana? Gee, I’d much rather they be in South Bend.
And there will be games at Stony Brook, N.C. :D :lol:
Cletus

The Latest

Post by Cletus »

Cletus

The Latest

Post by Cletus »

RocktheCasbah

Post by RocktheCasbah »

njbill wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 5:42 pm So there are going to be games in “Notre Dame” Indiana? Gee, I’d much rather they be in South Bend.
Well, Notre Dame's own press releases has the dateline as "Notre Dame, Ind." so it's probably correct.

https://und.com/notre-dame-blue-gold-ga ... n-peacock/
njbill

Post by njbill »

I was poking fun because “Notre Dame” is not a city or town. Not unlike referring to a section of Philadelphia as Fishtown, South Philly, East Falls, Center City, etc.

Yes, technically the stadium in which the games will be played is probably outside the geographic boundaries of South Bend. But the Golden Domers would not want to say the games are being played in Podunk Township, or whatever the correct town is.

Just like you rarely hear that New York football Giants games are being played in East Rutherford, New Jersey. The say either the Meadowlands or New York.

Again, just tweaking the author of the article. Maybe he doesn’t know any better, but the Notre Dame publicity department certainly does.
RocktheCasbah

Post by RocktheCasbah »

Or the author does know better and is following what the school does? Notre Dame even has its own ZIP code. Penn State does something similar as the campus is located in University Park, which is within State College.
crazyhorse

Post by crazyhorse »

From Wikipedia:
Notre Dame is a census-designated place[4] north of the city of South Bend in St. Joseph County, in the U.S. state of Indiana. It includes the campuses of three colleges: the University of Notre Dame, Saint Mary's College, and Holy Cross College.
Notre Dame, IN 46556
njbill

Post by njbill »

You guys are grasping at straws. You know what a census designated area is, right? It’s not a city or town.

Having a zip code simply is a division for Postal Service purposes. It’s not a separate municipality. How many ZIP Codes does New York City have?

I think I have offended some Golden Domers.
seacoaster

Re: The latest - TNLAX will love it.

Post by seacoaster »

Penn State?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:06 pm
Penn State?
I said TNLAX would like it, not Missy Doherty 😉

It's going to be a very interesting selection Sunday.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:56 pm
Penn State?

Penn State is 4-9. It would be offensive for it to get into the tournament over Vanderbilt and a few other teams.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

seacoaster wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 7:03 pm
Penn State?

Penn State is 4-9. It would be offensive for it to get into the tournament over Vanderbilt and a few other teams.
They don't deserve to be in the tournament - were 1 - 6 in their last 7 games, I believe. However, I think they will make the tournament because the committee (in my own conspiracy world) favors the coach over other coaches. If they do get in, I'm pretty sure that Ohio State, with the same 4 - 9 record doesn't get in and they SWEPT psu...if that is indeed the way it plays out, I would be pretty upset if I were OSU.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Penn State?

Take a look at what the selection committee did to some of the top 20 in D3... Wouldn't be surprised by anything... Even VT getting a look... Just kidding
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

Penn State?

I understand where you’re coming from. And I like the Vanderbilt team and momentum. I am a big fan of grow the game. But I have watched both multiple times and PSU would easily beat Vanderbilt. Without out of conference the committee will likely go with Talent.
OuttaNowhereWregget

Post by OuttaNowhereWregget »

There's no bracketology just yet (about a week away) but I thought I'd post the top 30 in RPI standings as an appetizer. Also a refresher: "the objective criteria the committee will use to place teams in the field, including RPI evaluation, head-to-head competition, results versus common opponents, significant wins and losses and evaluation of the 10 highest-rated teams on a schedule."

So, the top 30:

Note: I would have posted the whole 118 teams but the NCAA website makes that too much work as they don't offer a reader view. Here is the link if you want to peruse the full list: https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse- ... crosse-rpi
OuttaNowhereWregget

https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... cumstances

The bracketology articles are always compelling.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:15 pm https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... cumstances

I don’t understand how NCAA specifically states “keeping playoff games geographically “ and then first round (hypothetically) has winner of VT and Stanford playing UNC AMD Cuse potentially playing Florida …?
OuttaNowhereWregget

Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:18 pm
OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 1:15 pm https://www.usalaxmagazine.com/college/ ... cumstances

I don’t understand how NCAA specifically states “keeping playoff games geographically “ and then first round (hypothetically) has winner of VT and Stanford playing UNC AMD Cuse potentially playing Florida …?
I know, huh? I guess there are a lot of factors involved.
wlaxphan20

Post by wlaxphan20 »

OuttaNowhereWregget wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:22 pm
Laxfan500 wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:18 pm

I know, huh? I guess there are a lot of factors involved.
I think requirements immediately following that quote are pretty telling as to why. "All other teams are unseeded and will be placed geographically, while keeping bracket integrity when possible." & "Conference matchups must be avoided in the first round."

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”