ACC Tourney

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Can Opener

Re: ACC Tourney

Post by Can Opener »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:13 pm Duke 5 for 5 on FPSs, not 6 for 6 though. Huge save by ND, now have possession.

TO ND, 34 sec to go.
Don't want to be ugly, but I think that last Duke FPS targeted the exact center of the cage. Gotta pick a corner, kid, and live with the consequences if it goes wide.
DMac

Post by DMac »

My pet peeve. Go the cage, throw a subtle fake, lean one way shoot the other. Just put the ball past the goalie.
Definitely should have had that one.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

I will have the evening games on in the background, but I'm expecting tonight will be a good opportunity to catch up on some email and tidy up the man cave. Friday, on the other hand, should be epic. Wake the kids and phone the neighbors for those two games. If Deehan gets hot... who knows? I would think that the Vegas line would have BC giving 2 points in the 'Cuse rematch given neutral turf, but the physicality of the Orange really freaked the Eagles out. That's not BC's game. 'Cuse leads the ACC in fouls per game and is second in caused turnovers. BC is last in the ACC in both categories. AWW may want to ask a donor for helmets. GG may want to spend a little time on Carolina film.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:40 pm My pet peeve. Go the cage, throw a subtle fake, lean one way shoot the other. Just put the ball past the goalie.
Its a hard skill to learn, if it doesn't come naturally. Got to hold the ball long enough to do as you described.. Most can't wait that long as they are worried about getting checked
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

When is the VT game gonna start?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Dr. Tact wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:46 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:40 pm My pet peeve. Go the cage, throw a subtle fake, lean one way shoot the other. Just put the ball past the goalie.
Its a hard skill to learn, if it doesn't come naturally. Got to hold the ball long enough to do as you described.. Most can't wait that long as they are worried about getting checked
I get that the stick comes more naturally for some than others but I would think the majority at this level would be able to do that. A hard thing for me to relate to but I don't doubt what you're telling me for one second.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can Opener wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:45 pm I will have the evening games on in the background, but I'm expecting tonight will be a good opportunity to catch up on some email and tidy up the man cave. Friday, on the other hand, should be epic. Wake the kids and phone the neighbors for those two games. If Deehan gets hot... who knows? I would think that the Vegas line would have BC giving 2 points in the 'Cuse rematch given neutral turf, but the physicality of the Orange really freaked the Eagles out. That's not BC's game. 'Cuse leads the ACC in fouls per game and is second in caused turnovers. BC is last in the ACC in both categories. AWW may want to ask a donor for helmets. GG may want to spend a little time on Carolina film.
Fouls per game is essentially a garbage stat in that the majority are just play on fouls and have zero effect on the game (thankfully...old school wlax was awful). Please, with the helmet stuff. Yes, Cuse plays tough D.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:13 pm
Can Opener wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:45 pm I will have the evening games on in the background, but I'm expecting tonight will be a good opportunity to catch up on some email and tidy up the man cave. Friday, on the other hand, should be epic. Wake the kids and phone the neighbors for those two games. If Deehan gets hot... who knows? I would think that the Vegas line would have BC giving 2 points in the 'Cuse rematch given neutral turf, but the physicality of the Orange really freaked the Eagles out. That's not BC's game. 'Cuse leads the ACC in fouls per game and is second in caused turnovers. BC is last in the ACC in both categories. AWW may want to ask a donor for helmets. GG may want to spend a little time on Carolina film.
Fouls per game is essentially a garbage stat in that the majority are just play on fouls and have zero effect on the game (thankfully...old school wlax was awful). Please, with the helmet stuff. Yes, Cuse plays tough D.
Gotta say some of these shots in Syracuse - VT game making the goalies look real good...
DMac

Post by DMac »

Cuse taking this game too lightly, lacking intensity on O, maybe being a little too cute.
Ward with two great opportunities, doesn't finish.
The Tyrells with one each now. 2-0.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

Can Opener wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:25 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 5:13 pm Duke 5 for 5 on FPSs, not 6 for 6 though. Huge save by ND, now have possession.

TO ND, 34 sec to go.
Don't want to be ugly, but I think that last Duke FPS targeted the exact center of the cage. Gotta pick a corner, kid, and live with the consequences if it goes wide.
Barry led Duke's second-half charge and finished the game with 4 g 6 dc 0 to while running the midfield. I'm quite sure she didn't intend to shoot right at Deehan and is aware she made a mistake. :roll:
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

Ok Sheehan Stanwick Burch is the best ,and the guy doing the play by play still won’t take the subtle hint she has repeated numerous times already. It’s not a great save when the player shoots stick side high ! She has politely explained that you have to change planes and throw in a fake high and shoot low , and yet the play by play guy keeps shouting great save as they constantly shoot stick side high.
laxagainsthumanity

Post by laxagainsthumanity »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:13 pm Fouls per game is essentially a garbage stat in that the majority are just play on fouls and have zero effect on the game (thankfully...old school wlax was awful). Please, with the helmet stuff. Yes, Cuse plays tough D.
I don't think you could use fouls per game to say a team plays dirty but it's a fair indicator that they play physical (and Cuse does).
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

Itsallgood wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 6:57 pm Ok Sheehan Stanwick Burch is the best ,and the guy doing the play by play still won’t take the subtle hint she has repeated numerous times already. It’s not a great save when the player shoots stick side high ! She has politely explained that you have to change planes and throw in a fake high and shoot low , and yet the play by play guy keeps shouting great save as they constantly shoot stick side high.
Its been said many times....SSB is a great announcer...Ward having a tough day.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Laxfan500 wrote
Gotta say some of these shots in Syracuse - VT game making the goalies look real good...
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Eight goals?
DMac

Post by DMac »

Most ordinary Cuse has looked all year, far from their best performance but they didn't give away the W.
Gotta be able to win on those kind of days. Cuse girls weren't taking bad shots but not making good shots on goal. GK made some nice saves, too many shots they made it much easier for her to make saves though. Ward put a few of them in her stick for her. Might be wrong here but think I heard the commentator say they were 0-6 on FPSs. Wasn't the Cuse team you're used to seeing, 'cept for the D, includes GK.
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:15 pm Most ordinary Cuse has looked all year, far from their best performance but they didn't give away the W.
Gotta be able to win on those kind of days. Cuse girls weren't taking bad shots but not making good shots on goal. GK made some nice saves, too many shots they made it much easier for her to make saves though. Ward put a few of them in her stick for her. Might be wrong here but think I heard the commentator say they were 0-6 on FPSs. Wasn't the Cuse team you're used to seeing, 'cept for the D, includes GK.
No comments on BC game is everyone tired of watching lax all day? lol
interesting first half, UVA up on draws which is surprising, yeah I know by 1 but still...
More shots than BC but not great shot placement. TO even for both teams. I fully expect
BC to win this one, but first half a little surprising.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Forgot about it. deGrom on the mound for the Mets, gives up one run, takes the L. Got a .77 ERA, 2-2 record. Unbelievable. Wins the Cy Young with a losing record. You gotta be mighty good to do that. Mets ever scored a run or two for him he'd be undefeated.
Okay, game on.
Can Opener

Post by Can Opener »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 pm
DMac wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:15 pm Most ordinary Cuse has looked all year, far from their best performance but they didn't give away the W.
No comments on BC game is everyone tired of watching lax all day? lol
interesting first half, UVA up on draws which is surprising, yeah I know by 1 but still...
More shots than BC but not great shot placement. TO even for both teams. I fully expect
BC to win this one, but first half a little surprising.
There is something funky going on with the draws. I think CN has more violations in this game than the rest of the season combined. When the male ref sets them up, CN has been doing much better. There have been rumors all season that BC has been gaming the draw. Maybe that female ref is trying to get to the bottom of it. Admittedly, that is only a slightly educated guess on my part. North has switched DC sticks which I haven't seen all season.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

UVA with a legal butt check

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”