ACC Tourney

D1 Womens Lacrosse
Cletus

The Games - Which Ones?

Post by Cletus »

Lotta games to watch today if one is so inclined. Not much different from an NFL Sunday where one can watch games from 1pm till 11pm. Close to the same thing today. I'll have it on all day. Took a mini ACC/Big 10 vacation from work the rest of the week. The only one I'm really looking forward to for a potentially tight game is Duke/Notre Dame. I think the other three will be blowouts.
seacoaster

Re: The Games - Which Ones?

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:39 am Lotta games to watch today if one is so inclined. Not much different from an NFL Sunday where one can watch games from 1pm till 11pm. Close to the same thing today. I'll have it on all day. Took a mini ACC/Big 10 vacation from work the rest of the week. The only one I'm really looking forward to for a potentially tight game is Duke/Notre Dame. I think the other three will be blowouts.
Yeah, that's the game of the day...if Duke competes and plays smart the way it did against UNC a few days ago. I think Jenner/Duke won something like 12 or 14 draws in a row in the second half. Will we see that again? Is that what Duke will need?

I am curious to see if UVA shows up and competes against BC.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:30 am I am curious to see if UVA shows up and competes against BC.
Right. If they can’t get up for this one... (multiple ways to finish that sentence)
Laxfan500

Post by Laxfan500 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:30 am
Cletus wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:39 am Lotta games to watch today if one is so inclined. Not much different from an NFL Sunday where one can watch games from 1pm till 11pm. Close to the same thing today. I'll have it on all day. Took a mini ACC/Big 10 vacation from work the rest of the week. The only one I'm really looking forward to for a potentially tight game is Duke/Notre Dame. I think the other three will be blowouts.
Yeah, that's the game of the day...if Duke competes and plays smart the way it did against UNC a few days ago. I think Jenner/Duke won something like 12 or 14 draws in a row in the second half. Will we see that again? Is that what Duke will need?

I think UVA gonna go quietly....I think BC lays the hammer down on them.

Games today:
UNC by 8
ND by 3
SYR by 5
BC by 8
Laxallday

Post by Laxallday »

I do think Duke can win that matchup if they dominate the draw (>65% or so), and with Lynch down, I would shadow Ahearn and limit her touches. As far as UVA, they absolutely have to face guard North effectively and I would ditch the zone and go to man or if they have to zone, I would do it with high pressure like Cuse did in Game 2. If they come out flat like VT they will get crushed. I predict a close one here, but probably wishful thinking more than evidence.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

Laxfan500 wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:14 am

Games today:
UNC by 8
ND by 3
SYR by 5
BC by 8
UNC by 10
ND by 5
Cuse by 9
BC by 6
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Games today:
UNC by 8
ND by 3
SYR by 5
BC by 8
Gonna take Duke in the "upset." 14-13 Duke (playing almost at home, only 11.3 miles away).
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 10:34 am

Games today:
UNC by 8
ND by 3
SYR by 5
BC by 8
Gonna take Duke in the "upset." 14-13 Duke (playing almost at home, only 11.3 miles away).
I agree ,sleeping in your own bed is worth a goal or two. To be honest I think Duke can take control thanks to Ms Jenner. 16-12 Duke.
seacoaster

Re: ACC Tourney

Post by seacoaster »

Can someone post scores of the Duke-UND game? Bitte? Live stats is stuck on the result of the UNC-Louisville game.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Too funny, was thinkin' about you and your non ACCN channel self.
10-5 ND, abt 6 min to go in the half. Jenner not just walking away
the draws. ND looks in control but not completely. Make that 10-6.
....and Jenner just walks away with the next draw.
Last edited by DMac on Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

DMac wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:42 pm Too funny, was thinkin' about you and your non ACCN channel self.
10-5 ND, abt 6 min to go in the half. Jenner not just walking away
the draws. ND looks in control but not completely. Make that 10-6.
Thanks man; take pity on me.
DMac

Post by DMac »

10-7...successful FPS.
See above on Jenner's draw.
...walks away with the next one too.
Uh oh for ND.

TO ND, 4 to go in the half.
glaxer24

Post by glaxer24 »

seacoaster wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:23 pm Can someone post scores of the Duke-UND game? Bitte? Live stats is stuck on the result of the UNC-Louisville game.
ND 10, Duke 7, ND just called a timeout, 4:05 left in the first
DMac

Post by DMac »

11-7, Aldave (looking stronger and stronger with each game).
Bit of a "garbage" goal, ball bouncing in front of the cage.
Duke wins the draw then turns it over.

12-7. Nice ball movement leads to a FPS, #22 puts it in.
ND wins the draw. Shot, save.
Halftime.
DMac

Post by DMac »

12-8. Duke wins the draw to open the half, comes real close to another TO but scores on the possession.

Another draw win for Duke, 50-50 ball.
TO and yellow card on Duke.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Maddy Howe fires a rocket hits the target.
13-8.
Another draw for Duke...50-50 ball.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Duke score, Olivia Carter.
13-9.
Draw goes to ND, another 50-50 ball battle.
DMac

Post by DMac »

14-9, Ahern (sp?).
DMac

Post by DMac »

Duke survives a gal down situation, nice save, good clear.
DMac

Post by DMac »

14-10, Jenner goal (she should be scoring more goals).

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”