Syracuse 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Antonio114

Re: Syracuse 2021

Post by Antonio114 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:05 pm
ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:59 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:09 pm As much as I would love to relish in Syracuse's misfortunes I just can't with this. I feel for the players—they don't deserve this distraction. It doesn't sound like the staff or the administration has a handle on this situation at ALL. From an outside perspective it looks terrible. If that's not the case then I don't get why Desko or someone from the school is not coming out and clearing the air. I get that it may be complicated but saying and doing nothing when there are all these questions and rampant rumors of serious stuff is pretty unacceptable IMO.
I'm not sure what they're supposed to say at this point. I don't know exactly what he's been accused of, but if it's what's been rumored on twitter, what are they going to say at this point, "Chase has been accused of _____________. It's very serious and the other players on the team think he did it and may have some proof. But, Chase is innocent until proven guilty, so he's on the team right now."?
Keep in mind ohmi that in past with the first sign of trouble in paradise within Team Hopkins (and there's been plenty)... it is always... it's a family issue and no one else's business!

Consider HopFan16 a troll...
What are you talking about dude just stop with this. 16 is being perfectly reasonable here. Staff needs to come out with a statement soon today. I feel for the players.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Antonio114 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:09 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:09 pm As much as I would love to relish in Syracuse's misfortunes I just can't with this. I feel for the players—they don't deserve this distraction. It doesn't sound like the staff or the administration has a handle on this situation at ALL. From an outside perspective it looks terrible. If that's not the case then I don't get why Desko or someone from the school is not coming out and clearing the air. I get that it may be complicated but saying and doing nothing when there are all these questions and rampant rumors of serious stuff is pretty unacceptable IMO.
I'm not sure what they're supposed to say at this point. I don't know exactly what he's been accused of, but if it's what's been rumored on twitter, what are they going to say at this point, "Chase has been accused of _____________. It's very serious and the other players on the team think he did it and may have some proof. But, Chase is innocent until proven guilty, so he's on the team right now."?
Keep in mind ohmi that in past with the first sign of trouble in paradise within Team Hopkins (and there's been plenty)... it is always... it's a family issue and no one else's business!

What are you talking about dude just stop with this. 16 is being perfectly reasonable here. Staff needs to come out with a statement soon today. I feel for the players.
Again, what would that statement consist of?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

No sympathy for Desko? Or, is it empathy?
pcowlax

Post by pcowlax »

ORANGE SPORTS INSIDER
Syracuse lacrosse reinstates leading scorer Chase Scanlan
Updated Apr 26, 2021; Posted Apr 26, 2021
Chase Scanlan
Chase Scanlan could return to the Syracuse lacrosse lineup when the team visits Notre Dame on Saturday. Dennis Nett | [email protected]

Facebook Share
Twitter Share
By Lindsay Kramer | [email protected]

Syracuse, N.Y. -- The Syracuse lacrosse team has re-instated leading scorer Chase Scanlan, who sat out Saturday’s win over Virginia because of a suspension, the school confirmed Monday night.

Scanlan was suspended indefinitely last week for what Inside Lacrosse reported was an incident following an April 24 loss against North Carolina.

Scott Scanlan, Chase’s father, said he received an email from head coach John Desko confirming that news on Monday afternoon. Scott said Chase and Desko had met to discuss the issue. Several hours after Scott Scanlan revealed that update, a school spokesperson said it was true.

“It’s all behind him and he’s moving forward,” Scott Scanlan said. “He’s cleared and ready to go. He’s just relieved that this is behind him because this is tough for him.”

Scott said Chase did not know why he was suspended.

“There was no nothing,” Scott said. “We’ll never know. Some kind of fake allegation we’ll never know about.”

Scanlan, a sophomore, paces the Orange with 24 goals. He could be in the lineup when Syracuse visits Notre Dame on Saturday.

Contact Lindsay Kramer anytime: Email | Twitter
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

DMac wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:47 pm I'd more define lengthy suspension as the period of suspension of lacrosse at Cornell, the first to bow out and stay out. The kind of leadership we should all be following in the eyes of the Ivies, I suppose, but not too many agree with that.
Always good to hear from you, 1313, haven't seen much of you around the Cornell thread this year but your pleasantries are welcome here any time.
I knew I could count on a moronic response from the great full time poster. Disappointed you didn't show off your command of foreign dialects. My point, apparently too complex for you, is that it was the first "indefinite" suspension I can recall that only lasted a week.
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

ohmilax34 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:11 pm

Why is a player who was supposedly reinstated still not practicing with the team? What does he make of the reports of the team planning on walking out if that player joined in practice? What does he make of reports of the team captains meeting directly with Wildhack? Who decided to suspend this player and reinstate him, the coaching staff or the school administration? Doesn't even need to say why he was suspended or what the alleged offenses are, just needs to address these serious sounding reports.
ohmilax34

Post by ohmilax34 »

Antonio114 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:20 pm

Why is a player who was supposedly reinstated still not practicing with the team? What does he make of the reports of the team planning on walking out if that player joined in practice? What does he make of reports of the team captains meeting directly with Wildhack? Who decided to suspend this player and reinstate him, the coaching staff or the school administration? Doesn't even need to say why he was suspended or what the alleged offenses are, just needs to address these serious sounding reports.
It seems to me that, at this point, the answers to these questions would sound pretty stupid and waiting at least a little bit (hopefully not much more than a day or 2) might allow for some kind of resolution at which point Desko could say something about it.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

desko normally does a wednesday presser. you'll either get some of the answers or non-answers he can give by then or earlier.
or 'cuse will put something out.
tech37

Post by tech37 »

wgdsr wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:38 pm

desko normally does a wednesday presser. you'll either get some of the answers or non-answers he can give by then or earlier.
or 'cuse will put something out.
Hopefully their statement is made at South Bend on Sat.
DMac

Post by DMac »

laxfan1313 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:20 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:47 pm I'd more define lengthy suspension as the period of suspension of lacrosse at Cornell, the first to bow out and stay out. The kind of leadership we should all be following in the eyes of the Ivies, I suppose, but not too many agree with that.
Always good to hear from you, 1313, haven't seen much of you around the Cornell thread this year but your pleasantries are welcome here any time.
I knew I could count on a moronic response from the great full time poster. Disappointed you didn't show off your command of foreign dialects. My point, apparently too complex for you, is that it was the first "indefinite" suspension I can recall that only lasted a week.
Nah, not too complex to understand, the point of which was simply to throw a dig at Cuse.
You aint booschittin' no one, brah.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

tech37 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:14 pm

Desko's team just walked out on him because he let Scanlan back on the team. What sympathy or empathy am I supposed to feel for him exactly?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

jrn19 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:01 pm

Desko's team just walked out on him because he let Scanlan back on the team. What sympathy or empathy am I supposed to feel for him exactly?
I thought I was conversing with antonio, or are you one of those with multiple aliases on here?
Antonio114

Post by Antonio114 »

jrn19 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:01 pm

Threatened to walk out on him if he let Scanlan practice, which he did not***
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

DMac wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:57 pm
Nah, not too complex to understand, the point of which was simply to throw a dig at Cuse.
Wrong again. Just a comment about one week "indefinite" suspensions. No need to "throw a dig" at the Orange. What's the over-under on when you'll accomplish your 4,000th post?
tech37

Post by tech37 »

laxfan1313 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:14 pm
Wrong again. Just a comment about one week "indefinite" suspensions. No need to "throw a dig" at the Orange. What's the over-under on when you'll accomplish your 4,000th post?
:D Gotta love this board...
PulpExposure

Post by PulpExposure »

The Scanlan story keeps on getting weirder and weirder.
Steve Infanti, sports director at News Channel 9 covering Central New York, tweets that while Scanlan was reinstated on Monday after serving an indefinite suspension ultimately spanning one game, he did not practice on Tuesday. Even more, sources told Infanti that Syracuse players were prepared to walk off the field if Scanlan appeared at practice, and they are asking for a meeting with Syracuse athletic director John Wildhack to discuss the situation.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Nope, not wrong again. The only again is, you aint booschittin' no one here. A little controversy at the Cuse and 1313 shows up. Big surprise there, eh?
As for my 4000th, you're the only one who seems to be following that (as you childishly have for years) so do let us all know when then happens, okay? Also let us know the posters who have double the number so I can see who I have to catch up to be number one. Too bad Cornell chose to not play this year, eh? Such a promising team, had a real shot at winning their first title since '77.
Dr. Tact

Post by Dr. Tact »

I am coming from the women's side of fanlax. I have heard some disturbing rumors which I won't push here... Are there any facts related to the suspension?
laxfan1313

Post by laxfan1313 »

DMac wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 5:40 pm
Nope, not wrong again. The only again is, you aint booschittin' no one here. A little controversy at the Cuse and 1313 shows up. Big surprise there, eh?
As for my 4000th, you're the only one who seems to be following that (as you childishly have for years) so do let us all know when then happens, okay? Also let us know the posters who have double the number so I can see who I have to catch up to be number one. Too bad Cornell chose to not play this year, eh? Such a promising team, had a real shot at winning their first title since '77.
"A little controversy at the Cuse" LOL. The "Cuse" has continuous controversy but that's not why I posted. I merely noted how unusual it is for an "indefinite" suspension to last a whole week and the number one Fanlax troll activated. Incidentally, I played no role in the Ivy League's decision not to play, a decision with which I disagree. I'm disappointed but really looked forward to a Tuesday game against Syracuse. You're a sad case, Dmac. My sympathies.
Last edited by laxfan1313 on Tue Apr 27, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DMac

Post by DMac »

No you didn't. Have told you before you're not good at this banter stuff, you should stay lurked in the shadows counting other's posts, or playing with your Rob Pannell dolls. You just came on with a smart asz little comment trying to stir the pot, you aint booschittin' no one.
laxfan1313 wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:42 pm That was quite a lengthy "indefinite" suspension.
This is what you said, which doesn't sound anything like you claim.
I merely noted how unusual it is for an "indefinite" suspension to last a whole week
You aint booschittin' no one.
I'd much rather be a sad case than a 1313, so thanks.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”