D1 Mens Lacrosse
manyhats

Re: NEC 2021

Post by manyhats »

After three Hobart 8 Wagner 7
bam1972

Post by bam1972 »

Gotta give Wagner credit at the end of the season. Still playing hard and they have kept improving. Says alot about the coaches and the players!

LIU goalie has been masking a couple of pretty big issues that LIU actually has. First, their defense is not great, but their offense does not help them out either. Too many turnovers, and not getting ground balls, and so forth causes the defense to have to handle alot of unsettled transition goals and just plain too many offensive opportunities for the other team. LIU has some players that can score, but they don't do much of anything else. Not to mention they have a couple of players that just should not be out there anymore and should be replaced. I don't feel the coach does a great job of evaluating and putting the players in the best position to succeed. Offense needs longer possessions which takes a different kind of player than they have out there right now. More initial dodging that creates the defense to move and move the ball around alot more and fasterr.

in contrast to Wagner, LIU is a decent NEC team, but they don't keep getting better throughout the year. That also tells me alot about the coaching.
bam1972

Post by bam1972 »

OT it is Wagner vs Hobart. I do feel that Wagner got the short end of the stick at the end when the refs gave the ball to Hobart. Felt they should have had the ball and had the last shot. But oh well.
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

Hobart 8 Wagner 8 on to OT1
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

Simas scores the game winner for Hobart in OT at 3:13 9-8
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

bam1972 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:57 pm OT it is Wagner vs Hobart. I do feel that Wagner got the short end of the stick at the end when the refs gave the ball to Hobart. Felt they should have had the ball and had the last shot. But oh well.
Hobarts goalie made the first move. The ball was over the end line by the time the Wagner player took another step. Vey close call and another example of why I wouldn't want to be a ref. Full credit to Wagner for coming in and punching Hobart in the face.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Bryant with 50 SOG today…
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Hobart had 49 shots but only managed to put 22 on cage today which is 44% of the shots that Bryant out on cage.

That being said from what I observed the entire offense is three kids (really two) repeatedly doing question mark jump shots over and over and over agin so you’d expect a high SOG %
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
gymman1031

Post by gymman1031 »

One last question. Are all three NEC Tournament games played at the higher seed? Or will SJU host the tournament?
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

gymman1031 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:05 pm One last question. Are all three NEC Tournament games played at the higher seed? Or will SJU host the tournament?
SJU and #2 (Hobart if they beat SH Saturday)

If chalk holds

LIU @ SJU
Bryant @ Hobart

Hobart win over Wagner ended up being huge for them.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Laxbuck wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:11 pm
gymman1031 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:05 pm One last question. Are all three NEC Tournament games played at the higher seed? Or will SJU host the tournament?

If chalk holds

LIU @ SJU
Bryant @ Hobart

High seed of the final 2 hosts the finals
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Laxbuck wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 4:11 pm

If chalk holds

LIU @ SJU
Bryant @ Hobart

Eh, I kind of think I’d rather face LIU in round one but either way it also was a function of Bryant L to LIU.
bam1972

Post by bam1972 »

oldbartman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:05 pm
bam1972 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:57 pm OT it is Wagner vs Hobart. I do feel that Wagner got the short end of the stick at the end when the refs gave the ball to Hobart. Felt they should have had the ball and had the last shot. But oh well.
Hobarts goalie made the first move. The ball was over the end line by the time the Wagner player took another step. Vey close call and another example of why I wouldn't want to be a ref. Full credit to Wagner for coming in and punching Hobart in the face.
That is definitely fair. It was very close. Either way, Wagner played hard, and Hobart did what they needed to do to win. Really interested in the tournament match ups next week.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

bam1972 wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:09 pm
oldbartman wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:05 pm
That is definitely fair. It was very close. Either way, Wagner played hard, and Hobart did what they needed to do to win. Really interested in the tournament match ups next week.
One call isn’t a game anyways, trust me hobart has been on the wrong side of many calls. Frankly if you look at the box score you’d think it was a 14-8 game not 9-8
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Hearing MSM @ Bryant is unlikely to happen. Won't affect seeding but a likely break for Bryant. reduces of risk of injury for key players.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

It’s going to come down to St.Joe’s and Bryant. After watching Bryant play yesterday (they looked fantastic), I expect them to be much more competitive against the Hawks this time around.
SouthernLaxGenius

Post by SouthernLaxGenius »

Bryant vs. St Josephs would/will be a tighter game the next time through.

And while the bulldogs have adapted and gotten better, if/when this game happens I still see St. Joe's winning around 15-9
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

I'm don't understand why a number of people on this thread are just assuming it will be St. Joes & Bryant in the NEC title game. SJU barely held off LIU and Hobart beat Bryant at Bryant, with some of the most egregious local officiating I've ever watched. Yes, Bryant has a very good O'Rourke back. He took 24 shots last game. It doesn't seem to me that its a good offensive game plan having one player take over 1/3 of your shots. Guess we will see on Wednesday.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

If Hobart plays the way they did at Wagner they will be blown out
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

catchnshoot wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 2:36 pm If Hobart plays the way they did at Wagner they will be blown out
True!! We have a way of playing to our opponents level lately. Or at least not being focused enough to execute. Hope it doesn't happen Saturday.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”