Cabrini

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Cabrini

Post by DeepPocket »

Cabrini appears to be playing (DI) Penn this Friday.

https://pennathletics.com/sports/mens-lacrosse/schedule

https://cabriniathletics.com/sports/men ... edule/2021

Hopefully there will be a feed available.

No mention of it being a scrimmage on either site. Penn not having been able to play up to this point, coupled with Cabrini’s only game of note being a 7 goal loss to Salisbury, tells me we could see a full on game here.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
georgeoar394

Re: Cabrini 2021

Post by georgeoar394 »

Wondering when Cabrini will be making the jump to another conference (similar to NEC and CU).....conference is so weak and shows especially this year with practically no out of conference games. Be interesting to see what happens Friday, my guess is UPenn beats em handily
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

georgeoar394 wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:43 pm Wondering when Cabrini will be making the jump to another conference (similar to NEC and CU).....conference is so weak and shows especially this year with practically no out of conference games. Be interesting to see what happens Friday, my guess is UPenn beats em handily
Not sure that will be happening anytime soon since they are one of the founding members of the recently formed AEC (2019 was first spring season). Unfortunately it's an entire school decision and not just lacrosse thing.

Not the greatest set up but they did win the national championship as an AEC member.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

boredatwork wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:52 pm Not sure that will be happening anytime soon since they are one of the founding members of the recently formed AEC (2019 was first spring season). Unfortunately it's an entire school decision and not just lacrosse thing.

Not the greatest set up but they did win the national championship as an AEC member.
Exactly. For lacrosse, it was a wise choice. Easy path to an AQ for the foreseeable future, with the flexibility to schedule tough opponents out of conference.

Unfortunately in the pandemic year when most other conferences restricted play to within, they’re left with few worthy adversaries to boost the OOC.

This was a “worst case scenario” for them (and many in a variety of ways). I see them enjoying the automatic- Automatic Qualifier for years to come.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
georgeoar394

Post by georgeoar394 »

penn making cabrini look like some jv scrubs...so much quicker and disciplined
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

Not overly surprised in this one. Before the COVID shortened season, Penn beat #10 Duke and took both #4 Maryland and #2 PSU to the wire. Hats off to Penn for taking this serious too. Full transparency, I was checking in on this game, while watching York vs. Stevenson.

It was good to see former Tewaaraton award watch-lister Adam Goldner (9,1), played deep into the 4th quarter despite the comfortable lead (including scoring a goal with 5 minutes left in the contest). Penn's starting goalie Burkinshaw played all, but roughly 7 minutes stopping 12.

Gerzabek and Loparo led the way for the Cabrini offense combining for 7 of the 9 goals.

Ground balls were 43-25 for the Quaker’s
Last edited by ShoreThingMD on Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Hats off to both programs for playing this game. Let's hope for more inter divisional games in the future.

Good for the sport; good for the players and good for the fans.
Unknown Participant

Post by Unknown Participant »

Wonder if MrLax will drop Cabrini a few spots in his poll after that shellacking...
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

ShoreThingMD wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:51 pm Not overly surprised in this one. Before the COVID shortened season, Penn beat #10 Duke and took both #4 Maryland and #2 PSU to the wire. Hats off to Penn for taking this serious too. Full transparency, I was checking in on this game, while watching York vs. Stevenson.

It was good to see former Tewaaraton award watch-lister Adam Goldner (9,1), played deep into the 4th quarter despite the comfortable lead (including scoring a goal with 5 minutes left in the contest). Penn's starting goalie Burkinshaw played all, but roughly 7 minutes stopping 12.

Gerzabek and Loparo led the way for the Cabrini offense combining for 7 of the 9 goals.

Ground balls were 43-25 for the Quaker’s
U Penn is a top 20 program not surprised by this result at all. This is also not a particularly strong year for Cabrini. Tufts on the other hand will handle Dartmouth. I suspect that if Tufts were in fact way ahead the Tufts coach back off. No reason in a covid season to embarrass anyone.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

Unknown Participant » Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:40 am
Wonder if MrLax will drop Cabrini a few spots in his poll after that shellacking...
Good Saturday morning, Unknown;

I’m giving it a lot of thought. Penn is a good team and so is Drexel (6-2) which Salisbury beat (13-5) pre-season before losing to LYN.

Like most posters here I expect Tufts to easily handle Dartmouth so that won’t affect my rankings unless Dartmouth surprises us.

What will shake up my rankings is the Stevenson/York result which I totally wasn’t expecting.
crease1

Post by crease1 »

Nice for Cabrini to see how their league opponents feel leaving starters in well into the fourth quarter to pad individual stats and run up scores.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
Asgot

Re: Cabrini

Post by Asgot »

Schedule seems a little weak with the exceptions of Salisbury and York although I think they will have trouble with Dickinson, Lynchburg and Desales as well. Anybody see any of the fall. I heard they got beat up by Stockton but don’t know all of the circumstance
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

Asgot wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:05 pm Schedule seems a little weak with the exceptions of Salisbury and York although I think they will have trouble with Dickinson, Lynchburg and Desales as well. Anybody see any of the fall. I heard they got beat up by Stockton but don’t know all of the circumstance
Not sure what you were hoping to see with the schedule. They always open with haverford; lynchburg, HSC and dickinson are mainstays on the schedule. Adding cortland back in seems like a good pick up. Seems a few of the games (eastern, York, Salisbury, scranton) we’re based off who had availability during conference schedules.

4 of last years elite 8 isn’t a terrible set up out of conference schedule
Asgot

Post by Asgot »

Probably an over reaction but, I would have liked to see them play a northern team like RIT, Tufts or Amherst.
ergit

Post by ergit »

Asgot wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:05 pm Schedule seems a little weak with the exceptions of Salisbury and York although I think they will have trouble with Dickinson, Lynchburg and Desales as well. Anybody see any of the fall. I heard they got beat up by Stockton but don’t know all of the circumstance
Not a bad schedule, honestly. You want to play strong teams, but you don’t want to play top 10/20 teams week in and week out. It becomes exhausting and it doesn’t give an opportunity for your bench players to develop for the long term.
Championships are not won in a single season but are the result of years of development in a program.
You want the team to peak heading into conference playoffs and the Tournament. You could play RIT, Salisbury and Tufts five times each in a season and you’d have nothing left by the end of it…

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”