CAA 2025

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Mr3Putt

Re: Colonial Athletic Association 2021

Post by Mr3Putt »

hofpride wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:11 pm you can talk about the grit and determination of various conferences and how competitive they are , you can draw up all the x''and o's you want , you have to have athletes that can create separation and smother the opposing offense - my final 4 md , nd , duke nc
That’s 4 good choices for the F4, but it won’t matchup that way. Denver, GT, Army, Lehigh, and possibly Rutgers will be in those matchups.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Mr3Putt wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 4:15 am
hofpride wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:11 pm you can talk about the grit and determination of various conferences and how competitive they are , you can draw up all the x''and o's you want , you have to have athletes that can create separation and smother the opposing offense - my final 4 md , nd , duke nc
That’s 4 good choices for the F4, but it won’t matchup that way. Denver, GT, Army, Lehigh, and possibly Rutgers will be in those matchups.
Yeah, if ACC teams get seeded 2-5 as seems likely (they appear that way in most polls, will have high RPI's); then 2 of them will likely be matched up together in a QF.
jersey shore lax

Post by jersey shore lax »

Does anybody know if you can view a game at Drexel from outside the field/fences ? a lot of venues have stairs or hills that give viewing areas?

thank you
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

Photo from the Hofstra-Delaware game tops IL's media poll this week:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... days/57724
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

It would be nice if Terry Foy and Quint would get something right about the CAA just once on their weekly podcast. Today they were saying that Towson was 2-3 and Hofstra 3-2 in conference, when both are 3-3. And they compounded mistake that by saying that the CAA teams would be playing a different number of league games and that the seeding would be based on winning %. HUH? They are all playing 8 games.

These guys spend little to no time following the CAA. And they only use the IL site for their information, which unfortunately has the CAA League table wrong for some reason.

The scenarios are pretty complex but the only thing I know for sure is that Delaware is in and Drexel is in with a win over Hofstra or Towson.

Let someone else figure out the rest.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

jersey shore lax wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:24 am Does anybody know if you can view a game at Drexel from outside the field/fences ? a lot of venues have stairs or hills that give viewing areas?

thank you
Not sure, you can only get in usually through the gate
and there is a viewing hill atop the lacrosse et al field.
The Covid restictions warning is no longer up on their
athletic site, so maybe that means something.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Nassaufan wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:53 am Photo from the Hofstra-Delaware game tops IL's media poll this week:

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... days/57724
Reed Kurtz on Tierney, between Kurtz and Owen Grant,
I’m guessing Tierney is pretty much black and blue today.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

CAA MEN'S LACROSSE WEEKLY AWARDS - APRIL 20
RICHMOND, Va. (April 20, 2021) – Towson senior goalie Shane Brennan and Delaware graduate student attack Charlie Kitchen are this week’s Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Men’s Lacrosse Co-Players of the Week, and Drexel freshman attack Luke Tomak earns CAA Rookie of the Week honors.

CO-PLAYERS OF THE WEEK:
Shane Brennan, Towson
Senior | Goalie | Huntington, N.Y./Walt Whitman
Shane Brennan led Towson to a 2-0 week, picking up key wins over No. 17/No. 15 Hofstra and rv/rv UMass on a short turnaround. Brennan made 27 saves on the week, stopping .659 percent of the shots on goal he faced. Brennan limited both Hofstra and UMass to single figure goals while making 14 saves against the former and another 13 saves against the latter, including clutch saves down the stretch for a road win at UMass.

Charlie Kitchen, Delaware
Graduate Student | Attack | Marlton, N.J./St. Augustine Prep
Charlie Kitchen led the Blue Hens to a 14-13 overtime road victory over No. 17 Hofstra on Saturday. He tied his career-best mark with nine points on a career-high six goals to pair with three assists. Trailing 10-6 entering the fourth quarter, Kitchen scored four goals in the final 15 minutes of action to help the Blue Hens erase the deficit and take the lead. He then assisted on the game-winning goal for Delaware in overtime. His performance helped the Blue Hens capture their first win over a ranked opponent since March 25, 2017.

ROOKIE OF THE WEEK:
Luke Tomak, Drexel
Freshman | Attack | New Haven, Conn./Choate Rosemary Hall
Luke Tomak recorded a pair of goals and set up another in Drexel’s 19-7 win at Fairfield on Saturday, giving the Dragon’s their fifth straight victory. Tomak scored goals in the first and fourth quarters, the final of which gave Drexel a 14-5 lead.
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

will there be a senior north south all star game this year?
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

IL cover story.
Towson and the
'Process of Steady Improvement'
Tuesday April 20th, 2021

Midway through March, Towson was 2-5.

But looking closer at a stretch of games from
Feb. 27 to March 20, it wasn’t a team ready to
be written off. They lost three games by
a combined four goals.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ent-/57730
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

tech37 wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:42 am First time I've seen Kitchen play... impressive!
Charlie Kitchen has been pretty underrated on the national level over the last 5 years. At times he has been underrated by Hen fans as well, because he was accused of holding onto the ball a bit too much early in his career. But you can't sneeze at 227 career points (140 goals 87 assists).

And you also have to give him credit for improving every single year.

He has played in exactly 14 games over the past two seasons and has 70 points in those 14 games (38 goals and 32 assists). That's averaging FIVE points a game. He has certainly distributed the ball better than ever in that period.

The Hens will need a big game from Kitchen on Saturday if they expect to beat Towson down in Baltimore. Gonna be a physical battle between Kitchen and Kobe Smith. I know it was last time in Newark, and I am sure both still have bruises to show for it. Can't wait!
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

having had the displeasure of drawing the opposing teams best defenseman my entire college career , I tip my cap to the aforementioned attackmen on these CAA posts ,a narrative thats not being noted, so congrats
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

hofpride wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:35 am having had the displeasure of drawing the opposing teams best defenseman my entire college career , I tip my cap to the aforementioned attackmen on these CAA posts ,a narrative thats not being noted, so congrats
Hah !
My roommate was the same.
I’d say, dude, you’re all black and blue.

James Avanzato has turned things around this year.
Avanzato, McLean and Milani team up well, low
turnover, high quality of shots attack.
Avanzato went for 2 & 5 against the Hens in that
last tremendous game.
hofpride

Post by hofpride »

black , blue and sometimes green
HU34

Post by HU34 »

Worse then any beating you would take on the field was the beating you would take from the field. In the 80s hofstra had a turf field that felt like it was made out of razor blades. Faceoff guys had no skin left on their knees by end of the season. That old turf claimed many victims.
Last edited by HU34 on Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

Why is Hofstra hosting the CAA Lacrosse Tournament when they are not allowing fans? I think we are beyond ZERO in attendance. Is there any leadership in CAA to change venues ? This is the year of “ changing on the fly”. No reason not to have any spectators . 4K spectators is appropriate. I don’t think your asking a lot. The CAA should come out w a statement.

Towson is allowing up to 5,000 this weekend vs Delaware.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Some possible answers on Shuart,

-because they’re already set on “protocols”, whatever
that means, due to Shuart being one of the sites for
that could be selected for 1st round of the tournie
-Hofstra hasn’t updated their attendence “protocols”
in two months, they’ll need to update those to current
situations which would mean actual fan attendence, but
of course NY is more restrictive than most other areas
-changing on the fly, see the first point
-4,000 attendence, sounds high for Shuart and NY

——————

Not sure it matters, although it might, NCAA has come out
with their initial calcs of RPI - again it could matter to
CAA teams given the right circumstances,

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse- ... crosse-rpi
Nassaufan

Post by Nassaufan »

Congratulations to Charlie Kitchen and Ryan Tierney on making the list of 25 nominees for the 2021 Tewaaraton Award:

https://tewaaraton.com/wp-content/uploa ... EES_PR.pdf
Mr3Putt

Post by Mr3Putt »

:roll:
10stone5 wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:39 am Some possible answers on Shuart,

-because they’re already set on “protocols”, whatever
that means, due to Shuart being one of the sites for
that could be selected for 1st round of the tournie
-Hofstra hasn’t updated their attendence “protocols”
in two months, they’ll need to update those to current
situations which would mean actual fan attendence, but
of course NY is more restrictive than most other areas
-changing on the fly, see the first point
-4,000 attendence, sounds high for Shuart and NY

——————

Not sure it matters, although it might, NCAA has come out
with their initial calcs of RPI - again it could matter to
CAA teams given the right circumstances,

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/lacrosse- ... crosse-rpi
Sounds like a bunch of you know what. Nothing against Hofstra, but NY is the last place you should be holding a lacrosse tournament in 2021. But, it will be a good competitive tournament, and we can all watch on our favorite devices.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Nassaufan wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:36 pm Congratulations to Charlie Kitchen and Ryan Tierney on making the list of 25 nominees for the 2021 Tewaaraton Award:

https://tewaaraton.com/wp-content/uploa ... EES_PR.pdf
Ryan Tierney of course, the son of the coach,
from the Tierney lacrosse dynasty,
we all knew about him entering as a freshman.

But what about Charlie Kitchen.
Here is some cobbled together background.
NJ High School Sports
St. Augustine's Kitchen is boys' lacrosse player of the year
When he was a freshman, Charlie Kitchen was 5-foot-9 and a rail-thin 130 pounds. He spent that season on the St. Augustine junior varsity lacrosse team.
Kitchen, a 2016 St. Augustine Prep graduate who
helped the Hermits reach the state Non-Public A semifinals in three consecutive seasons (2014,
2015 and 2016).
St. Augustine Prep Attackman ('16)

2016 UA Lacrosse All American
2016 SJ Player of the Year
1st Team Non Public A All State
1st Team All SJ
When Kitchen’s older brother James graduated from St. Augustine Prep last year, he had a spot waiting for him on Hofstra University’s men’s lacrosse team.

Charlie, on the other hand, only had a couple of low-tier Division III offers after scoring 29 goals for the Hermits, and he knew why.

“I was getting beat up, pushed around by bigger kids,”
Career Stats
Season G A GB
2013-2014 21 6 1
2014-2015 29 7 0
2015-2016 57 22 1
Career Totals: 107 35 2

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”