Re: Patriot League

Post by 10stone5 »

Zero talk of Lehigh.

The likelihood of the Engineers being 10 and 0
heading into the Patriot League tournament
is very high.

That is all.
Carry on.

Oh, and BTW, Lehigh was 5 - 1 last year.
Gorilla Fan

Post by Gorilla Fan »

ckstevenson

Post by ckstevenson »

Gorilla Fan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:43 pm Holy Cross done: https://twitter.com/inside_lacrosse/sta ... 02979?s=21
Reads like the men's and women's teams weren't following the rules. Not sure what the specifics are/were, if there were any positive tests, etc.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

ckstevenson wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 11:35 pm
Gorilla Fan wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:43 pm Holy Cross done: https://twitter.com/inside_lacrosse/sta ... 02979?s=21
Reads like the men's and women's teams weren't following the rules. Not sure what the specifics are/were, if there were any positive tests, etc.
Those crazy kids-
Let me think- I'm 18-21 years old and I've been told I can't socialize and interact with anyone outside my team's bubble since last Fall.
My team is 2-4 with two more games to play and with no chance of making the league tournament- oh and the women's team is in the exact same boat. What would I do?
ckstevenson

Post by ckstevenson »

TopShelf585 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:27 pm
Those crazy kids-
Let me think- I'm 18-21 years old and I've been told I can't socialize and interact with anyone outside my team's bubble since last Fall.
My team is 2-4 with two more games to play and with no chance of making the league tournament- oh and the women's team is in the exact same boat. What would I do?
Not be a self-absorbed jerk who puts other people's health and well-being at risk? Not f*ck up your own season, and teammates', and then complain about it as though you're a victim?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

ckstevenson wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:39 am
TopShelf585 wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:27 pm
Those crazy kids-
Not be a self-absorbed jerk who puts other people's health and well-being at risk? Not f*ck up your own season, and teammates', and then complain about it as though you're a victim?
Uhhh....young kids with not fully developed frontal lobes?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Jan 08, 2021 1:26 pm MEN'S LACROSSE
The Patriot League's nine men's lacrosse programs will be split into two divisions for the 2021 season. Army West Point, Boston University, Colgate and Holy Cross will play in the North Division, and Bucknell, Lafayette, Lehigh, Loyola Maryland and Navy will play in the South Division. Teams will play each divisional opponent at least once with limited games against non-divisional opponents. A minimum of seven League games will be played by each team.

The League schedule is set to begin on Saturday, March 6, concluding on Saturday, April 24, with a built-in makeup date planned for Saturday, May 1. The 2021 Patriot League Men's Lacrosse Championship is scheduled to begin with the semifinal round on Friday, May 7, followed by the championship game on Sunday, May 9.
What a crap way of setting up the tournament. And b/c Army/Navy play every year for the past 100 hundred years, this game is also weighted against both of them ... being on opposite sides of the PL division

A team like BU gets a lock by only having to play Army (who was the only challenge on that side of bracket this year)...no Lehigh, np Navy, or no Loyola :roll: Splitting the league in half is fine, but they did it by logistics....BU floats in to the PL tournament.

And now with BU having no more games (HC Shut down) a Team like Navy should be able to bump BU if Navy beats ARMY this weekend...leaving Navy and BU with the same PL record of 3-2, with Lafayette still remaining, which could put Navy at 4-2....ahead of BU. But for some reason the PL website shows BU as "Clinched".

https://patriotleague.org/standings.aspx?path=mlax
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

I heard last evening that PL Tournament would add two more teams to provide a 6 team tournament and which would address this imbalance.
I consider the source good. I'm not sure about the info. It would be a very fast turnaround rule and policy wise with winners and losers but it would make sense to me ....why not? Everything else this season has been abnormal.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

NovaHound wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:50 am I heard last evening that PL Tournament would add two more teams to provide a 6 team tournament and which would address this imbalance.
I consider the source good. I'm not sure about the info. It would be a very fast turnaround rule and policy wise with winners and losers but it would make sense to me ....why not? Everything else this season has been abnormal.
Appreciate the 'informal' intel NovaHound.
~Livy

TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:30 pm
NovaHound wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:50 am I heard last evening that PL Tournament would add two more teams to provide a 6 team tournament and which would address this imbalance.
Appreciate the 'informal' intel NovaHound.
That would be a great solution- having Navy at the party is only right.
I heard that there has been an uptick in cases in Lewisburg and that the Bisons may be packing it in.
NovaHound

Post by NovaHound »

Just heard that Navy will play Loyola in the first round. That seems fair and I don't relish the thought of playing three games in a weekend but let's all be thankful we are playing lacrosse at all.
PS. Loyola will beat Navy. Last game left a bad taste in their mouth. And I hope they play at Navy so fans can attend.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Because the first Loyola-Navy game was the divisional game, that will still likely give Loyola a better div record than Navy, yielding seedings of :
1. Lehigh
2. Army
3. BU
4. Loyola
5. Navy
6. Colgate

That would put the Loyola-Navy game at Ridley.
Hopefully, CBSSN or ESPN+ will cover the first round games.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

I see, Lehigh Army get a bye, and 3 4 5 6 are for
the elimination games.
old salt

Post by old salt »

Nothing yet about expanding back to a 6 team tourney on the PL or Navy web sites.

So far, still an internet rumor.
old salt

Post by old salt »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:07 am
What a crap way of setting up the tournament. And b/c Army/Navy play every year for the past 100 hundred years, this game is also weighted against both of them ... being on opposite sides of the PL division

A team like BU gets a lock by only having to play Army (who was the only challenge on that side of bracket this year)...no Lehigh, np Navy, or no Loyola :roll: Splitting the league in half is fine, but they did it by logistics....BU floats in to the PL tournament.

And now with BU having no more games (HC Shut down) a Team like Navy should be able to bump BU if Navy beats ARMY this weekend...leaving Navy and BU with the same PL record of 3-2, with Lafayette still remaining, which could put Navy at 4-2....ahead of BU. But for some reason the PL website shows BU as "Clinched".

Q agrees.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tude/57725?
Navy has upward trajectory. The Patriot League Tournament format is flawed big time
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:35 am Nothing yet about expanding back to a 6 team tourney on the PL or Navy web sites.

So far, still an internet rumor.
Terry Foy tweet
Sources: The @PatriotLeague has voted to reinstate its Quarterfinal round for its men’s and women’s lacrosse tournaments. Women’s games will be played on Monday, May 3, men’s on Tuesday, May 4.

Seeding still TBD:
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

old salt wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:52 am
youthathletics wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:07 am

Q agrees.

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... tude/57725?
Navy has upward trajectory. The Patriot League Tournament format is flawed big time
https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ound/57732
~Livy

10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

What does this Navy Army game do for at large, AQ,
the Patriot league is now looking like the keystone
on how the final NCAA tournament make up shakes out.
TopShelf585

Post by TopShelf585 »

Does the Navy win today over Army and Cuse over UVA make a Patriot League At Large bud remote? Aside from Lehigh, I can’t see another Patriot team getting in unless they win out.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

TopShelf585 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:29 pm Does the Navy win today over Army and Cuse over UVA make a Patriot League At Large bud remote? Aside from Lehigh, I can’t see another Patriot team getting in unless they win out.
Army’s still in cause of the Cuse win. And if they take care of business the rest of the way they’ll get in. Unless there’s a bid stealer in the PL, BE, or B1G....and the most likeliest of those very well may be Navy

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”