ODAC lax season is on

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Re: ODAC lax season is on

Post by DeepPocket »

I want York to win. So there’s that.

Malamphy played 15’ and 16’ at UMBC.
17’, 18’, 19’, 20’ and now 21’ for the gulls.

It is what it is. Beat them. .
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
TidewaterLax

Post by TidewaterLax »

No dog in this fight for me but it would be nice to see some new blood at the top.
D3 Fan

Post by D3 Fan »

At UMBC, Malamphy played 12 games in '15, 3 games in '16 before pulling out for medical reasons and didn't play at all during '17 for medical reasons. He played '18 and '19 for Salisbury, ''20 was cut short due to the pandemic, so '21 is his final year. So, 2 medical years and a pandemic thrown in for good measure. Technically it's quirky but it is what it is.

I doubt he's the only one in this boat as there are many kids who took a PG year, then missed a college year due to injury and suddenly they're 6 years removed from high school. Throw in a pandemic and they're now in their 7th year as well. Different angle but potentially same result.

Guess the bigger issue long term is when does the Corona exemption level out? Seems it will have a multi-year impact where 5th year players might be quite common. Could make the transfer portal quite interesting too.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

I’ve been wondering that same thing. Will true sophomores this year be the last class to have the extra lost 2020 season eligibility?
smoova

Post by smoova »

D3 Fan wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 10:35 am Guess the bigger issue long term is when does the Corona exemption level out? Seems it will have a multi-year impact where 5th year players might be quite common. Could make the transfer portal quite interesting too.
I expect the rush of hold-backs/COVID years/transfers that we are seeing (particularly in DI) will lead to a reckoning in 2024 or 2025 when the "extended eligibility sugar rush" wears off and coaches have only 4 classes of players on the team.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

W&L is 5-3 currently ranked 15th in the polls..I’m certainly a fan but that makes no sense to me. Let’s see them beat CNU and we’ll talk.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:45 am I’ve been wondering that same thing. Will true sophomores this year be the last class to have the extra lost 2020 season eligibility?
Pretty sure D3 gave another blanket waiver this year so true freshman would be the last to be able to use the extra year. That's 4 more years of grad students/transfer grad students.
TidewaterLax

Post by TidewaterLax »

W & L is like Hopkins and Syracuse ... the people who run the sport want them to be relevant because of their history when they aren't at all. Hell, Hopkins has been under .500 and stayed in Top 20.
MrLax2U

Post by MrLax2U »

2laxers » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:54 pm

Nothinbutthelax wrote: ↑
Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:45 am
I’ve been wondering that same thing. Will true sophomores this year be the last class to have the extra lost 2020 season eligibility?

Pretty sure D3 gave another blanket waiver this year so true freshman would be the last to be able to use the extra year. That's 4 more years of grad students/transfer grad students.
If true, Malamphy will return to the X in 2022.
Nothinbutthelax

Blanket waiver for Freshmen too... crazy!
Looking forward to seeing if W&L can handle CNU. Is Mize healthy and playing I think they have a shot. Taylor and D need to be on. FO wins, limit TOs and cherish possessions and they have a very good chance. Away games are trying in COVID so advantage Captains.
LYN travels Wednesday. A win give Coach K his 300th.
W&LLover

Post by W&LLover »

Heard the Noke boys are ghosting coach Rostan and his tigers, completely disregarding the importance of rescheduling that game. It smells a lot like COLLUSION in the odac...shame
camskidamski

Post by camskidamski »

Anyone know how the tiebreakers for conference tournament are going to go down??

HSC scouring for games I guess, no NOKE, any other updates on Guilford or adding?
Nothinbutthelax

Can Skid- Go back to page 10 here. The ScottHarris breaks down tiebreak scenarios.
NJlxrdad

Post by NJlxrdad »

Nothinbutthelax wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:03 am Blanket waiver for Freshmen too... crazy!
Looking forward to seeing if W&L can handle CNU. Is Mize healthy and playing I think they have a shot. Taylor and D need to be on. FO wins, limit TOs and cherish possessions and they have a very good chance. Away games are trying in COVID so advantage Captains.
LYN travels Wednesday. A win give Coach K his 300th.
Mize is out
Nothinbutthelax

Good one. Mixed up where this was being played. Generals look good at home. Have to be clean, CNU very good unsettled.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Looks like Guilford HSC has been rescheduled, but for some reason at Guilford now instead of being at HSC.
islander

Post by islander »

That was a great, fun game to watch. Congrats to CNU. Felt like both teams were flying around, super fast paced up and down the field the whole game.

Tough L for the Gennies.
TidewaterLax

Post by TidewaterLax »

thescottharris wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:22 pm Looks like Guilford HSC has been rescheduled, but for some reason at Guilford now instead of being at HSC.
Tough road for HSC ... w Guilford reschedule, potentially 4 of last 5 on the road now
Faxlax

Post by Faxlax »

Unlike past years, The Generals do not seem to be able to get that big goal when they need it. Too many turnovers- again.

How on the world do you have the ball at the end of the game, call timeout, and then have a shot clock violation?
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

TidewaterLax wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:03 pm
thescottharris wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:22 pm Looks like Guilford HSC has been rescheduled, but for some reason at Guilford now instead of being at HSC.
Tough road for HSC ... w Guilford reschedule, potentially 4 of last 5 on the road now
Yeah but one of them is Virginia Wesleyan, if that game even happens given they haven't played in 5 weeks. Wouldn't surprise me if the starters play past mid-second quarter.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”