Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
laxman3221

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by laxman3221 »

6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:39 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:04 am
DMac wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:57 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:32 am "The women and children on the border seeking refuge and opportunity in the U.S. with nothing but the shirt on their backs are acting more American than any person who seeks to keep them out ever will be." Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez with Rachel Maddow on MSNBC
Well that does it, she said something on one of those for ratings talk shows that was a bit of an exaggeration and might not be accurate. Run for the hills, ol' Miss Blessed Rack is coming to take down the USofA. Fear for your lives, your children's lives, your mother's and father's too. Let your aunts, uncles, cousins, and all the red headed step children know the end is near. God bless us all, and may He have mercy on our souls.....and don't leave the pets behind, I've heard Puerto Ricans eat dogs and cats, probably eat gold fish too. Pretty sure I heard that on The Talk.

Again fascinating how you progressive deny what's happening in front of you. The media has this girl picked as the next coming of Christ. And they're feeding her to us in big bites. And will continue to until the idiocracy believes them.
I'm confused, is a progressive the same thing as a liberal fool? They pretty much synonymous? I'm kinda like a gender neutral person here, I don't really know what I am. I do know I don't deny what I see in front of me though, and I'm pretty sure I can see through all the horseschit, lies, and exaggerations our politicians (both Ds and Rs...the biggest of all the Rs currently) put out there for us.
C'mon, I've seen pictures of Christ, He's all over the place, was even at the last supper. He wasn't a Latino female so she can't be the next coming. No need to get yourself all worried about it.
In case you haven't heard in your vacuum, 70 congressional democrats have signed onto AOC's Green thingy.

And Cocaine Mitch is bringing it up for a vote. :lol: The Ds are not happy, let's see if those POTUS running D Senators still support it. :lol:
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 pm So, don't tell the story if you can't back it up by answering very simple questions. ANd I will call BS to anyone that says they can't hire US citizens because they won't do the work. Always means they pay crappy wages. And, by hiring illegals, which sounds like what your friend does, means he gets to skirt the overtime laws, fica, workers comp, etc.

Have to visit great grand dads grave and tell him he died for nothing (Died in a labor strike )
So very-very true. Know a guy who is illegal and gets paid 25/hr under the table with no benefits, while his equals in skill, get paid well over 40/hr with benefits and deductions. It has absolutely nothing to do with Anericans not wanting to do the work....this is a BS excuse, it’s about lining the pockets of business owners. You also see it when contractors staff jobs with one person that knows what they are doing as a foreman, then flood it with unskilled laborers to be managed by the foreman.
Last edited by youthathletics on Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
old salt

Post by old salt »

Nancy's newest Foreign Affairs Committee member.
She can't even pronounce Contra, get the witness name right, or read the script her staffers write for her.
laxman3221

Post by laxman3221 »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 pm Nancy's newest Foreign Policy Committee member.
She can't even pronounce Contra, get the witness name right, or read the script her staffers write for her.
And she's an AntiSemite. Didn't she marry her brother too?
Vail Shootout Champion 2017, 2018
Lake Placid Classic Champion 2018, 2019
Florida Lacrosse Classic Champion 2018 X2, 2019 x2
Who doesn't love ice cream!
DMac

Post by DMac »

Geezuz H, if the Dems were smart they'd cover the rest of her face up, stuff something in her mouth, and keep her out of sight. I'm sure she'll bring a lot of votes to the party in the next Presidential run.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 pm Nancy's newest Foreign Affairs Committee member.
Sounds like Trump!
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:41 pm
runrussellrun wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:36 pm So, don't tell the story if you can't back it up by answering very simple questions. ANd I will call BS to anyone that says they can't hire US citizens because they won't do the work. Always means they pay crappy wages. And, by hiring illegals, which sounds like what your friend does, means he gets to skirt the overtime laws, fica, workers comp, etc.

Have to visit great grand dads grave and tell him he died for nothing (Died in a labor strike )
So very-very true. Know a guy who is illegal and gets paid 25/hr under the table with no benefits, while his equals in skill, get paid well over 40/hr with benefits and deductions. It has absolutely nothing to do with Anericans not wanting to do the work....this is a BS excuse, it’s about lining the pockets of business owners. You also see it when contractors staff jobs with one person that knows what they are doing as a foreman, then flood it with unskilled laborers to be managed by the foreman.
Have to wonder why the POTUS doesn't see it this way....as it pertains to his private business. I have long supported e-verify. Does he?
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:33 am

Have to wonder why the POTUS doesn't see it this way....as it pertains to his private business. I have long supported e-verify. Does he?
He absolutley does and knows full well the impacts/benefits of doing such. E-Verify is the answer IMO, but it has to be turned on slowly or in a planned manner, as it has the potential to cripple our economy. This was discussed in detail on another thread. Why not applaud him for hiring illegals, so long as they are paying taxes, is that not what the left has been saying?
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

tRump is what he is. a serious TAATS waterboy. He didn't mention everify ONCE during his SOTU bore-a-thon. Of course he doesn't support it. Let all the tRump supporters know it, 24/6. They are finally coming around. Historic spending mentioned too.
But , the idiot pretends want to keep talking character. While they huggedN kissed people like harvey weinstein, took his money, and turned their back on the victims. Still do pathetic people of politics.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
foreverlax

Post by foreverlax »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:46 am

He absolutley does and knows full well the impacts/benefits of doing such. E-Verify is the answer IMO, but it has to be turned on slowly or in a planned manner, as it has the potential to cripple our economy. This was discussed in detail on another thread. Why not applaud him for hiring illegals, so long as they are paying taxes, is that not what the left has been saying?
Using your examples

1. Guy makes $25 per hour x 40 x 52 = $52,000 annually

2. Guy two makes $40 per hour x 40 x 52 + another $20k+ in benefits = over $100,00 annually

How does is owner in example two able to compete against #1, since he is passing on the cost to the end user, especially if the job is on the lower end of the skill range, like ag or construction?
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:47 am

tRump is what he is. a serious TAATS waterboy. He didn't mention everify ONCE during his SOTU bore-a-thon. Of course he doesn't support it. Let all the tRump supporters know it, 24/6. They are finally coming around. Historic spending mentioned too.
But , the idiot pretends want to keep talking character. While they huggedN kissed people like harvey weinstein, took his money, and turned their back on the victims. Still do pathetic people of politics.
Weinstein was President!
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Progressive Ideology (title of thread)

THE GREEN NEW DEAL CHALLENGES THE DOMINATION OF CAPITAL

"Meanwhile the media focuses on the horse-race and the cost. Can the Green New Deal pass? How could we ever pay for it? Every single article I’ve read makes a point of saying it’s politically impossible and almost all whine about the money. No one thinks the Senate with its piratical crew of Republican science deniers and Trumpists will ever pass it. And costs are not an issue until we agree to move it forward, and when it becomes real, brilliant economists like Stephanie Kelton will lead the way.

Right now every Democratic politicians opposed to the idea has to explain why their tweaks to neoliberal capitalism will accomplish something without crushing their voters. Republicans will continue to deny until the evidence overwhelms even their astonishing capacity for self-delusion. The rest of us have a planning document, something we can turn into legislation, something we can actually do that will make a difference. We’ll be working on it while the brain-dead complain about the impertinence of the youngs, and politicians pour perfume on their campaign treasuries to hide the stench of raw petroleum."

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
a fan

Post by a fan »

youthathletics wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 7:46 am Why not applaud him for hiring illegals, so long as they are paying taxes, is that not what the left has been saying?
Uh, no. That's not what the left if saying. They're not saying "round up and deport everyone else, but Trump's properties get special treatment".

If Trump want's to abolish ICE and give EVERYONE this treatment, I'm sure they'd be thrilled.
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 pm
old salt wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:57 pm Nancy's newest Foreign Affairs Committee member.
Sounds like Trump!
Omar's fake accent.......Never understood how lousy guy Kissenger spoke with a fake accent too.....both living in the US since age 15. Kept to their own, I guess?
runrussellrun

Post by runrussellrun »

foreverlax wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:56 am

Using your examples

1. Guy makes $25 per hour x 40 x 52 = $52,000 annually

2. Guy two makes $40 per hour x 40 x 52 + another $20k+ in benefits = over $100,00 annually

How does is owner in example two able to compete against #1, since he is passing on the cost to the end user, especially if the job is on the lower end of the skill range, like ag or construction?
Or, in reality world:

3. Guy three makes $3 an hour and works 60 hours a week, no OT.

https://www.alipac.us/f12/feds-move-sei ... er-130215/
a fan

Post by a fan »

Amazon pulls out of NYState!!!!

Okay guys. All you supposed Righties. Please, for the love of everything holy, tell me you're impressed by Cortez.

All the corruption we've been discussing all these years? All the handouts the Dems have given to NY Corporations and their stupid "no taxes to new business" scam that stuck the tax bill tab on guys like cradleandshoot?

So Ocascio runs for Congress to get rid of the corrupt Corporate Dem that all of us despise, wins the election, and gets the largest Corporation in the world cave to her (and others, obviously) pressure to not take all these corporate hand outs.

Bravo! Bravo!

Maybe look at her in a different light, folks? Or at least give her a tip of the hat for this particular action?

You don't have to agree with everything she's proposing (I know that I sure don't)---but she just saved NYState residents tens of millions of dollars.

Bully for her.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

laxman3221 wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:33 pm
6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:59 pm
DMac wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:39 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:04 am
DMac wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:57 am
6ftstick wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 8:32 am "The women and children on the border seeking refuge and opportunity in the U.S. with nothing but the shirt on their backs are acting more American than any person who seeks to keep them out ever will be." Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez with Rachel Maddow on MSNBC
Well that does it, she said something on one of those for ratings talk shows that was a bit of an exaggeration and might not be accurate. Run for the hills, ol' Miss Blessed Rack is coming to take down the USofA. Fear for your lives, your children's lives, your mother's and father's too. Let your aunts, uncles, cousins, and all the red headed step children know the end is near. God bless us all, and may He have mercy on our souls.....and don't leave the pets behind, I've heard Puerto Ricans eat dogs and cats, probably eat gold fish too. Pretty sure I heard that on The Talk.

Again fascinating how you progressive deny what's happening in front of you. The media has this girl picked as the next coming of Christ. And they're feeding her to us in big bites. And will continue to until the idiocracy believes them.
I'm confused, is a progressive the same thing as a liberal fool? They pretty much synonymous? I'm kinda like a gender neutral person here, I don't really know what I am. I do know I don't deny what I see in front of me though, and I'm pretty sure I can see through all the horseschit, lies, and exaggerations our politicians (both Ds and Rs...the biggest of all the Rs currently) put out there for us.
C'mon, I've seen pictures of Christ, He's all over the place, was even at the last supper. He wasn't a Latino female so she can't be the next coming. No need to get yourself all worried about it.
In case you haven't heard in your vacuum, 70 congressional democrats have signed onto AOC's Green thingy.

And Cocaine Mitch is bringing it up for a vote. :lol: The Ds are not happy, let's see if those POTUS running D Senators still support it. :lol:
This has been done before. It's a big nothing burger. This doesn't worry or concern the D leadership. Most of the Ds will vote present. The ones who want to vote for it will vote for it. The vast majority of voters don't care about the details at this point. The Rs voting no carries just a big of a prospective downside. Majorities want some action. When the voters vote, most will look at this as a for - against doing something, not the details of the plan vote.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 12:31 pm Amazon pulls out of NYState!!!!

Okay guys. All you supposed Righties. Please, for the love of everything holy, tell me you're impressed by Cortez.

All the corruption we've been discussing all these years? All the handouts the Dems have given to NY Corporations and their stupid "no taxes to new business" scam that stuck the tax bill tab on guys like cradleandshoot?

So Ocascio runs for Congress to get rid of the corrupt Corporate Dem that all of us despise, wins the election, and gets the largest Corporation in the world cave to her (and others, obviously) pressure to not take all these corporate hand outs.

Bravo! Bravo!

Maybe look at her in a different light, folks? Or at least give her a tip of the hat for this particular action?

You don't have to agree with everything she's proposing (I know that I sure don't)---but she just saved NYState residents tens of millions of dollars.

Bully for her.
C&S should be proud of her for standing up for him!
Typical Lax Dad

runrussellrun wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 11:57 am
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 10:39 pm
Sounds like Trump!
Omar's fake accent.......Never understood how lousy guy Kissenger spoke with a fake accent too.....both living in the US since age 15. Kept to their own, I guess?
How many guys in Boston with an Irish accent that have been there for years! That is a wanker comment.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

:lol: :roll: DUH
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM

Return to “POLITICS”