NEC 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Ketch

Re: NEC 2021

Post by Ketch »

Is LIU the Binghamton team from 2004?

In 2004, Binghamton was a third year program. Much to everyone‘s surprise, they pulled off a seeming miracle and ran the table in the AE, winning the league‘s regular season title. I watched it with my own eyes. Simply amazing. They lost in the league‘s playoff so did not get the AQ, but still, they accomplished an awful lot. From what I saw out of LIU in the Hobart game, a similar performance by them is not out of the question. They‘ve got some players and a lot of moxie, and as has been pointed out, the league isn‘t that hot from top to bottom this year. I definitely see them in the top 4 of the conference, and as we know, anything can happen once the tournament begins.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

From what I’ve seen of NEC this year LIU will definitely be in the thick of it. Very strong goalie play, disruptive offense with players like LaCalandra that push the action, physical midfield and defense.
bam1972

Post by bam1972 »

Watching the LIU and Wagner game. Good for Wagner. They are outplaying and out coaching LIU right now.

If your are LIU, you should be embarrassed with the effort and the coaching.

Now I think LIU will come out in the second half and win by a decent margin. But I don’t know why they put 41 back in this game at the crease instead of 50. Leave 50 at the crease. He is better and he can’t play midfield!!! But the coach keeps forcing it. Take number 1 out for 15 or 40. Then at midfield they have 2 kids buried on the bench that are better thn most of their starting midfield. The midfield unit just is not very good. But I expect a big second half from the sharks.
bam1972

Post by bam1972 »

Merrimack playing Bryant tough
bam1972

Post by bam1972 »

A lot of close games in the conference today. Some that are surprising. Unfortunately I don’t think it speaks to how good the NEC is from top to bottom, but that it is a pretty down year in the NEC. Should make for a good tournament though. :-)
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Mount once again with the hard luck story.
Evidently the NEC game of the year so far,
St Joe’s ties it with 6 secs left where it seemed
the Mount had the game, wins it in overtime.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Mount scores to lead 13-12 with 1:21 left. First lead since a 3-0 start to the game.
Then they win the FO, get it in the box and all TO.
SJU doubles the ball and Logan Blondell with the play of the game as he wraps check Frankeny and takes the ball away.
SJU clears and MSM gets called for offsides.
:53 remaining and SJU with EMO
Do not get a good look in EMO but with 6 secs left Matt Bohmer buries one from 10 yards out stick side high.
SJU wins FO in OT. Levi Anderson takes a deep shot, Ryan Doran scoops up the rebound and dunks it
Great game.
Really tough loss for MSM who is way better than their 1-7 record
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Did that to Hobart in 2019 as well.

Any chance SHU throws in the towel and passes in the make up date with Hobart? They’re close to being out of it and given circumstances a May game that means nothing to them would they just punt? We (Hobart) could need that game potentially
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:57 pm Did that to Hobart in 2019 as well.

Any chance SHU throws in the towel and passes in the make up date with Hobart? They’re close to being out of it and given circumstances a May game that means nothing to them would they just punt? We (Hobart) could need that game potentially
I would think that would be bailing on their own players too. Would think SHU players would want to play. Not a good look
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

LIU v Bryant postponed. Covid protocol. No make-up date yet. Some teams are going to get squeezed to get in a full conference season played.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Bryant down 2 games
LIU and The Mount
Not easy to makeup those 2
SJU is in Geneva tonight
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Wagner postpones/cancels for the 3rd time. Have to wonder if they will play again this season. Hope tomorrow's MSM V SHU gets played. Either way, NEC play is getting squeezed into a very narrow time frame. I wonder if the league has as backup plan if games never get played?
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

oldbartman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:46 pm Wagner postpones/cancels for the 3rd time. Have to wonder if they will play again this season. Hope tomorrow's MSM V SHU gets played. Either way, NEC play is getting squeezed into a very narrow time frame. I wonder if the league has as backup plan if games never get played?
A real problem for the league. Bryant still has MSM, LIU, SH and SJU left to play and only 2 weeks to get it done.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Laxbuck wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 8:14 pm
oldbartman wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 5:46 pm Wagner postpones/cancels for the 3rd time. Have to wonder if they will play again this season. Hope tomorrow's MSM V SHU gets played. Either way, NEC play is getting squeezed into a very narrow time frame. I wonder if the league has as backup plan if games never get played?
A real problem for the league. Bryant still has MSM, LIU, SH and SJU left to play and only 2 weeks to get it done.
Conduct the league tournament with all eight teams. Use the make up date as the first round date. Use the “regular” season results to figure out who is seeded where. If one of the schools can’t compete because of Covid protocol then someone gets a bye.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

No disrespect to the Wagner program. But, at this point, is it worth them playing the games? I know the players want to compete. Withdrawing from remaining competition may preserve some payers eligibility.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Ketch wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 9:44 pm
Conduct the league tournament with all eight teams. Use the make up date as the first round date. Use the “regular” season results to figure out who is seeded where. If one of the schools can’t compete because of Covid protocol then someone gets a bye.
Perfect solution.
Laxbuck

Post by Laxbuck »

Good idea
If Bryant beats SJU then they have no reason to make up any games
That’s problematic for this plan
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

The Mount and SHU facing off now

http://necfrontrow.com/game/8248
manyhats

Post by manyhats »

The Mount picks up their first NEC win 14 - 12 over SHU
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Not a fan of this solution. It negates the efforts of the teams that would qualify for the "normal" conference tournament., rewarding teams for not playing well. Everyone gets a participation medal............. :roll:

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”