Landmark 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Landmarkguy

Re: Landmark 2021

Post by Landmarkguy »

RustyShackleford wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:24 pm Long time reader; first time poster. I noticed Scranton has no assistants, is that typical? I guess in the COVID environment they didn't replace their assistant that went to Plattsburg.

I know in the past they have had assistant coaches. Sure it is just a weird COVID year and they couldn't get one in time!
Landmarkguy

Post by Landmarkguy »

What a weird weekend for the Landmark:

Didn't catch the Scranton v Catholic game but what a smack down by Catholic. 24-10 YIKES.Did anyone catch the game and see what happened?....That being said IF Catholic is truly this good then the rest of the conference should be SHAKING IN THEIR BOOTS. Scranton beat Susquehanna 25-6 then got beat 24-10, Could we see the first 50 goal game in college lacrosse :lol:

Etown v Drew. Not much to report there Etown looked good and Drew looked young. I watched a little and 4-2 at half to the conference power house are steps in the right direction for Drew.

SU v Moravian. Hell of a game by Moravian down most of the game to battle back for I believe their programs first win against SU! Coach Carty is really building something special over at Moravian. As a new possible empire is being built, another one crumbles. SU stinks not much to say there, sad to see such a great coach and traditional powerhouse of the landmark go down the drain like this.
Big Easy Lax

Post by Big Easy Lax »

Colorado Mesa scored 52 in a game a couple years ago in very poor taste I might add
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I didn't see the Catholic game but if we just go by the stats everything pretty close except for saves Scranton didn't have any!! When you see a player get 9 goals, its usually a sign of a confused defense. I hope they are as good as they seem. Should be a good game on Wednesday against E'town.

E'town took 51 Shots but were mostly hitting their goalie the first half with the ball, he ended up with 20 saves. They looked rusty and finally got going in the second half. Hard to tell about the defense Drew didn't take many shots.

Moravian had to comeback to beat SU who Scranton crushed last week, They have 3 wins but against weak programs we will find out more about their talent as the season goes on.

It's too early for me to call anything but figuring its prob between Catholic and E'town. They both have a lot of guys back with playing experience.
remote

Post by remote »

POST REMOVED
Last edited by remote on Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
poorgene

Post by poorgene »

POST REMOVED
Last edited by poorgene on Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Got a chance to watch the Scranton/Catholic game on Saturday. Catholic was clearly the dominant team from the start. Their D and goalie were very impressive early while the O took a quarter and a half to shake off the rust. Once the O clicked, Scranton had zero chance. Catholic looks like the team to beat this spring with a new HC leading the way.

Some great games tonight....

Catholic/Etown
Moravian/Scranton
Drew/Susquehanna
RustyShackleford

Post by RustyShackleford »

I dont think it would have titled the scales, but looks like Scranton didn't have their FO guy for the CUA game.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

It may have made a difference against Catholic Scranton being without Purdy who has been dominate for the past 2 years at FOGO. Possessions win games!!! I guess their last game of year when they play he can prove your point.

Was very disappointed E]town VS Cath didn't take place. Glad in away, want the both teams at 100%. Etown has to be down people for sure with another cancellation for covid.

Scranton may pull off the victory, if E'town is down Key players for Saturday. Will be anxious to see what happens.

Catholic should have a cake walk at Moravian on Saturday. Moravian better be ready on Def or it will be a blow out

Maybe Drew can even the score against SU on Saturday . Their goalie needs to show up like he did at E'town, had 20 Saves compared to 9 yesterday.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

poorgene wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 7:53 pmPOST REMOVED
poorgene, did you set-up this account to harass a post-er...? (a post-er who you think is one person but is actually another.)
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Saturday went as expected Catholic had an easy win against Moravian. They are looking good

Su won by 2 over Drew pretty even game all around Drews goalie def stepped it up and made it close

Scranton beat Elizabethtown-- found out E'town's all American defensemen tore his ACL and is done for the year, saw him on crutches at the game. Covid test came through positive and the close exposure kept the only 2 Face off guys they have on team and 2 starting attack men out for the game. So not a true showing having to deal with on Friday only one day before the game and still only lose by 1. Not taking anything away From Scranton a win is a win.

I noticed Scranton not wearing masks against Etown and I'm pretty sure Moravian not always wearing either I was told.
Does anybody know what the rules are for the mask wearing? It Has to be an advantage without having to wear, has to be hard to breath running. I know I have trouble just breathing with it on walking around.

Wednesday games should be wins as expected except for Etown and Moravian not sure if any of Etown players are available to play.
Crazy year for sure.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Does anyone Know who votes on the Offensive and Defensive Player of the week?
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

laxbro1955 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 5:01 pm Does anyone Know who votes on the Offensive and Defensive Player of the week?
The coaches.
NJLaxer24

Post by NJLaxer24 »

Wrong... The SID's/Coaches nominate players and then the league office names the Players of the week.
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

NJLaxer24 wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:36 pm Wrong... The SID's/Coaches nominate players and then the league office names the Players of the week.
Thank you, I stand corrected.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Thanks was just wondering how they were picked Just didn't understand there pics at all for this week Made no sense at all.
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

Looks like we might finally have a full slate of midweek action

Moravian/Etown- Not sure how healthy Etown is but gotta imagine they take care of business vs Moravian

Drew/Scranton- Scranton should have an easy day

Catholic/Susq- Catholic is rolling right now and are clearly the team to beat in the conference. I imagine another 20+ goal game from the Cards
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

LI_Lax14 wrote: Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:46 am Looks like we might finally have a full slate of midweek action

Moravian/Etown- Not sure how healthy Etown is but gotta imagine they take care of business vs Moravian

Drew/Scranton- Scranton should have an easy day

Catholic/Susq- Catholic is rolling right now and are clearly the team to beat in the conference. I imagine another 20+ goal game from the Cards
I'm seeing a different schedule with:

Susq at Scranton
Moravian at Etown
Drew at Catholic
LI_Lax14

Post by LI_Lax14 »

I pulled this schedule from IL and the landmark website. The schedule you posted is for Saturday
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Should be pretty predictable results today, and I know this sounds crazy, but don’t write of SU today vs Catholic. Catholic has a long day trip up to central PA and to expect a team to perform at their best after sitting on a bus all day then playing a game is a lot. I think this one will be closer then most of you think. SU 10-9 over Catholic.
E’town should handle Moravian and Scranton will roll Drew.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”