Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
DocBarrister

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by DocBarrister »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:49 pm Jays have not played well but if we lose it's squarely on the staff for playing games with Epstein through the first three quarters.
That is completely inexcusable.

Blue Jays just got embarrassed on their home field on Easter Day.

This is the first game in which the new coaches really pi$$ed me off.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
JHUFan

Post by JHUFan »

Might be time to stop watching this season and hope for the best next year (yet again).
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Welp, the band-aid has been officially ripped off. Aside from whatever Epstein drama is brewing, seems like the new staff is realizing how bare the cupboard was. Hard to put this on the players; you simply can't miss on recruiting as much as we have over the past 5 years.
stupefied

Post by stupefied »

Bad karma brought unto your team by a certain yapper who trashes others.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

JHUFan wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:05 pm Might be time to stop watching this season and hope for the best next year (yet again).
Screw that.

Season isn’t over.

Blue Jays are in the B1G tournament.

Giving up on this season lets these coaches off the hook, and I am certain neither they nor the players will stop trying to improve.

Just need to go back to work this week and do what needs to be done to win their next game.

DocBarrister :?
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

stupefied wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:09 pm Bad karma brought unto your team by a certain yapper who trashes others.
My theory is that we'll never be good again until we purge ourselves of this person. It's like a pox on our house.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

primitiveskills wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:08 pm Welp, the band-aid has been officially ripped off. Aside from whatever Epstein drama is brewing, seems like the new staff is realizing how bare the cupboard was. Hard to put this on the players; you simply can't miss on recruiting as much as we have over the past 5 years.
There is lots of talent on this team. That’s not why they’re 2-5.

Blue Jays need to work on a lot of fundamentals. It’s the little things that are killing this team. Changing levels on shots is just one example ... such a simple, basic thing ... yet you have Sheehan Stanwick Burch commenting on this basic issue, and the Blue Jays illustrating her point just moments later. :?

The talent is there. The coaches need to stop messing too much with the lineup (and their players’ heads) and work on some of the fundamentals.

@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Did they bench Keogh too? He was dressed on the sideline but didn't get in.

If you're trying to lose to Michigan, benching two of your top six scorers and running the offense through Baskin is a great way to do it! Mission accomplished, coach! Sure taught everyone a lesson!
JHUFan

Post by JHUFan »

It’s clear the players do not care about improving. It’s almost as if they don’t even want to be there.
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:09 pm
JHUFan wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:05 pm Might be time to stop watching this season and hope for the best next year (yet again).
Screw that.

Season isn’t over.

Giving up on this season lets these coaches off the hook, and I am certain neither they nor the players will stop trying to improve.

Just need to go back to work this week and do what needs to be done to win their next game.

Hoponboard

Post by Hoponboard »

Do you sense a trend? Second time Hop plays a team, Jays play significantly worse.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

10stone5 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:42 pm
GSP wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:35 pm I predict a great new rivalry between DIII powerhouses of Hopkins vs Salisbury to replace Hopkins/MD
What’s with the cheap shot 👎
not really a cheap shot, depending on who you mean. salisbury looked very good yesterday.
Sagittarius A*

Post by Sagittarius A* »

HappyHourLax wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:43 pm I’ll say it once, I’ll say it again.....stop 👏 shooting 👏 high 👏 to 👏 high. This Michigan goalie came into the day saving balls at a 40% clip and were making him look like Larry Quinn.
It was the same problem last week, horrible, horrible shooting. The same problem the week before that. Opposing goalies have looked great against us. But in addition, the team now can't even back up it's shots. Also, Kirson's confidence now looks shot.
I thought last year's 2-4 team was the worst Hopkins' team I'd ever seen, but I was wrong.
The coaches were so so confident last year at their intro conference that they could turn things around.
Sloppy, poor fundamentals, can't shoot, can't throw and catch, can't clear. Yikes.
They need to forget about trying to win games, because brother, I don't see another win coming the rest of 2021 for this team, and start working on pure plain fundamentals from the ground up, plus shooting, shooting, shooting, Gee son, STOP playing catch with the goalie like your playing after school in the back yard.
I did like Sheehan Stanwick's announcing. She was good. Beats the heck out of Quint any day!
Petro must be sitting on his couch laughing right about now.
Last edited by Sagittarius A* on Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
primitiveskills

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:18 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:08 pm Welp, the band-aid has been officially ripped off. Aside from whatever Epstein drama is brewing, seems like the new staff is realizing how bare the cupboard was. Hard to put this on the players; you simply can't miss on recruiting as much as we have over the past 5 years.

Blue Jays need to work on a lot of fundamentals. It’s the little things that are killing this team. Changing levels on shots is just one example ... such a simple, basic thing ... yet you have Sheehan Stanwick Burch commenting on this basic issue, and the Blue Jays illustrating her point just moments later. :?

The talent is there. The coaches need to stop messing too much with the lineup (and their players’ heads) and work on some of the fundamentals.

Talent as defined by Inside Lacrosse Top 50 8th graders? Sorry, Doc. If you are looking at the field and being honest, you might spot 4 or 5 high-level D1 players out there, and none in critical roles (shooters and SSDM being obvious examples). This is going to take awhile to turn around.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:03 pm That is completely inexcusable.

Blue Jays just got embarrassed on their home field on Easter Day.

This is the first game in which the new coaches really pi$$ed me off.

DocBarrister
Today is the day when Milliman officially became coach...
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

JHUFan wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:19 pm It’s clear the players do not care about improving. It’s almost as if they don’t even want to be there.
DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:09 pm
Screw that.

Season isn’t over.

I don’t see that at all. The young men are putting in the effort. Epstein was winding up for a shot until the last buzzer sounded. Blue Jays have clearly bought into Koesterer’s new defense. They’re fighting hard for ground balls. The effort is there.

This team just seems frustrated and confused. I don’t sense much chemistry on the field either. And as I mentioned earlier, Blue Jays need a lot of work on some fundamentals.

DocBarrister
@DocBarrister
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

THUD...!
and that's being very charitable... :roll:
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

primitiveskills wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:27 pm

Talent as defined by Inside Lacrosse Top 50 8th graders? Sorry, Doc. If you are looking at the field and being honest, you might spot 4 or 5 high-level D1 players out there, and none in critical roles (shooters and SSDM being obvious examples). This is going to take awhile to turn around.
No, that’s not what I see or mean.

There is lots of talent on this Hopkins team, but I’m not sure they are necessarily complementary to each other. Both the coaches and players are trying to fit some talented square pegs into some important round holes (and no perverted jokes, Wombat).

The way I see it, the problem hasn’t been an inability to recruit talented players, but an issue with recruiting talented players who complement each other and make a cohesive whole.

Never seen a team playing so many players away from their “natural” positions and roles.

Anyway, as I’ve said ... season is not over. The effort is there. Let’s see if the Blue Jays can get back on track.

DocBarrister :|
@DocBarrister
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

DocBarrister wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:41 pm
primitiveskills wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:27 pm

No, that’s not what I see or mean.

There is lots of talent on this Hopkins team, but I’m not sure they are necessarily complementary to each other. Both the coaches and players are trying to fit some talented square pegs into some important round holes (and no perverted jokes, Wombat).

The way I see it, the problem hasn’t been an inability to recruit talented players, but an issue with recruiting talented players who complement each other and make a cohesive whole.

DocBarrister :|
Doc just nailed it.
primitiveskills

Sagittarius A* wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 2:27 pm
HappyHourLax wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:43 pm I’ll say it once, I’ll say it again.....stop 👏 shooting 👏 high 👏 to 👏 high. This Michigan goalie came into the day saving balls at a 40% clip and were making him look like Larry Quinn.
Petro must be sitting on his couch laughing right about now.
Not sure why he would be laughing, except out of spite. These are his guys, his mess.
GSP

Post by GSP »

Impossible for Petro to be be sitting on his coach laughing, because he and Dwan ate the thing this morning.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”