Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
nyjay

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by nyjay »

Thanks, 16. That seems consistent with what it seems like I'm seeing. Gotta ask, though, how many times do you have to watch the games to figure that out? It's hard to figure out who's out there have the time watching the TV copy. We'd all benefit from some in-person watching I think.
xxxxxxx

Post by xxxxxxx »

BlueJaySince1947 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:58 am
xxxxxxx wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:44 am
jhu06 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:12 am -they announced that graduation is in person so makes sense they allow fans for the terp game. If that happens I expect the stadium to look like a ketchup bottle.
-hf16, I don't take your shots personally.

-things that matter about the michigan game
a)if they stop playing veterans like baskin and zinn who have proven over their careers they are not winning d1 lacrosse players
b)if the narewskis epsteins grimes etc who will be a part of the program in 2022 show improvement
-things that don't matter about the michigan game
a)the score since we're not making the ncaa tournament unless we win the b1g tournament
treat the rest of the month as a pre fall ball, work on developing talented players they believe in, sifting through the roster, use the next 2 months to put us 7 weeks ahead of 2022 maryland while testudo chases a ring.

Cheap shots at some Seniors who have given all they had to the program from a frustrated old man on a laptop. Spending the next seven weeks as a pre fall ball while Maryland chases a ring is also one of the dumber comments on this forum. Get a life.
Some of us "...frustrated old men..." have seen a LOT of Blue Jay lacrosse over the years , Sonny !
Listen and learn.
So I guess that gives you the right to take cheap shots at college kids who work their tails off, I’ll listen but you should learn.
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

Windex works well to clean spittle off your monitor screen... :lol:
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

jhu06 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 1:12 am -they announced that graduation is in person so makes sense they allow fans for the terp game. If that happens I expect the stadium to look like a ketchup bottle.

a)if they stop playing veterans like baskin and zinn who have proven over their careers they are not winning d1 lacrosse players
b)if the narewskis epsteins grimes etc who will be a part of the program in 2022 show improvement
a)the score since we're not making the ncaa tournament unless we win the b1g tournament
treat the rest of the month as a pre fall ball, work on developing talented players they believe in, sifting through the roster, use the next 2 months to put us 7 weeks ahead of 2022 maryland while testudo chases a ring.
Cheap shots at some Seniors who have given all they had to the program from a frustrated old man on a laptop. Spending the next seven weeks as a pre fall ball while Maryland chases a ring is also one of the dumber comments on this forum. Get a life.
Some of us "...frustrated old men..." have seen a LOT of Blue Jay lacrosse over the years , Sonny !
Listen and learn.
+'69 :lol:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
CharmCityLaxMan

Post by CharmCityLaxMan »

HopFan16 wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:20 am If Kevin Warren isn't careful, 06 is going to come for his job in Rosemont with all these carefully considered, fully fleshed, realistic plans he's got for the conference. And that's only if Baker doesn't hire him first as Hop's Message Board Liaison so that he can inform the staff, in a more official capacity, as to why they must bench all of the team's best players. Maybe he'll get to share office space with the President's Special Assistant for Men's Lacrosse Affairs (But Definitely Not Those Sweatpants-Wearing Women), Mr. Kyle Harrison.

At some point the act ceases to be amusing and just gets boring. We passed that point long ago, but especially in the last few weeks. The horse is dead and buried and decomposing.

As for Michigan—there is no way they play as poorly as they did in our first meeting. They literally did not cover Epstein on the wing—that's not going to happen again. Rowlett has quietly been one of the best FOGOs in the conference and we know they have some talent on offense. The Jays are going to have to play well to win. I haven't heard anything about tickets for the public for this one but there are some rumblings out there that barring any setbacks they are planning to open it up for the Maryland game/senior day in a few weeks.
I think Epstein was 6 for 6 or 6 for 7 with most goals from that spot on the wing. One would think he won’t be left open there this game, but after he was 3 for 3, they still left him open for multiple goals. Maybe more time than a halftime will allow for adjustments.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

xxxxxxx wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:20 pm

Listen and learn.
So I guess that gives you the right to take cheap shots at college kids who work their tails off, I’ll listen but you should learn.
“Kids”? These are young men playing the sport at the highest level. This isn’t rec league or high school. The games are televised and covered by media, they charge admission at the gate and you know what goes with that? Fans giving their opinions. Playing in college takes a commitment that few can make or even comprehend. Possibly hearing criticism of your game is part of what you sign up for.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Well, maybe there should be some solace that the perennial eating of one's own young has continued through the Covid period. Some things endure! ;)
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

Just wait. It gets far worse after losses. The schadenfreude merde shows up.
Wheels

Post by Wheels »

You's everyone feeling today? Should be feeling pretty good, I think!
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:57 pm Well, maybe there should be some solace that the perennial eating of one's own young has continued through the Covid period. Some things endure! ;)
You should see the SyracuseFan boards after (and during) a loss.
HappyHourLax

Post by HappyHourLax »

Anyone know why Epstein isn’t starting today?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

HappyHourLax wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:31 am Anyone know why Epstein isn’t starting today?
Either the coaches are punishing him for taking a few bad shots last week, or he's hurt. Either way, it's not good. I think I spotted him in the warmup video the team posted to Instagram just now, so the first option seems likeliest. If that's the case it better not last more than a possession or two.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:19 am
MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:57 pm Well, maybe there should be some solace that the perennial eating of one's own young has continued through the Covid period. Some things endure! ;)
:D
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

MDlaxfan76 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:45 am
HopFan16 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 10:19 am
:D
Curiously, or not, the Syracuse thread on FanLax is silent :roll:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
51percentcorn

Post by 51percentcorn »

HappyHourLax wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:31 am Anyone know why Epstein isn’t starting today?
jhu06 is the new director of player personnel
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Jaronski in at LSM and immediately causes a turnover
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Epstein out of the box. Interesting.
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »