ODAC lax season is on

D3 Mens Lacrosse
thescottharris

Re: ODAC lax season is on

Post by thescottharris »

islander wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 pm Congrats W&L. Fast start, stopped the rally, and finished strong. Taylor looked great!
Taylor the MVP of that game. Looked amazing tonight.
ODACLAX

Post by ODACLAX »

thescottharris wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:17 pm
islander wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:01 pm Congrats W&L. Fast start, stopped the rally, and finished strong. Taylor looked great!
Hmmm Scotty. Looking up the thread I hope your quotes are as off tomorrow as they were today. With the exception of FO W&L played a pretty complete game game tonight. Hope they can build on this.
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

2nd away game loss for LYN. This one had huge implications for ODAC home field especially since rumor has it no at large bid for NCAA tournament.. today’s game will be fun but OOC. With short turnaround more about LYN defense figuring it out on fly, especially Soph. pole #14 Marindin who has filled in for Sr. Jack Albright who still in concussion protocol from CNU 1st game. He’s capable and did well preparing for CNU game 2 but was late often yesterday. Wonder if Tyler Gallagher will switch to Witherall or stay on Greenspan? 12 for 32 shooting by W&L was impressive as was the defense of W&L. Never let LYN gain momentum after they tied it limiting that balance offense of LYN allowing Taylor a 19 save night!!
LYN last game vs. HSC now key and NOKE or Bridgewater can be spoilers. Glad to see ODAC heated as always!
Dehuntshigwa’es

Post by Dehuntshigwa’es »

The season ending HSC vs Lynchburg has huge implications for the ODAC. I will take Lynchburg in that contest which I believe would give W&L the top seed assuming everybody holds serve to the finish line. Looks like only AQ’s this year for the tournament or so I hear. Can’t believe Genies and Bugs are going again tonight. 😮
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:33 am The season ending HSC vs Lynchburg has huge implications for the ODAC. I will take Lynchburg in that contest which I believe would give W&L the top seed assuming everybody holds serve to the finish line. Looks like only AQ’s this year for the tournament or so I hear. Can’t believe Genies and Bugs are going again tonight. 😮
If Lynchburg beats H-SC it would be a three-way tie if the three teams beat all their other opponents. As of now it's impossible to determine who would be the #1 seed should that happen.

First tiebreaker would be h2h, which would be nullified

Second tiebreaker is the five-point tiebreaker, which would also be nullified

Third tiebreaker is top-down comparison, which would also be nullified

Fourth tiebreaker is goal differential among the tied teams with a cap of 10 goals (so a win of 11+ is no better than a win by 10), which is obviously still TBD as Lynchburg and H-SC have not played. But as of now, H-SC is +2 (beat W&L by 2), Washington & Lee is 0 (lost by 2 to H-SC, beat LC by 2), Lynchburg is -2 (lost to W&L by 2)

Fifth tiebreaker is goal-differential against the highest seed with a cap of 10

Last tiebreaker is pre-determined lots. I don't know what those are, the ODAC manual for this season hasn't been posted. That also means the above tie-breaker procedures might not be accurate if anything changed this year.
Last edited by thescottharris on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2laxers

Post by 2laxers »

thescottharris wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:24 pm
Dehuntshigwa’es wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 9:33 am The season ending HSC vs Lynchburg has huge implications for the ODAC. I will take Lynchburg in that contest which I believe would give W&L the top seed assuming everybody holds serve to the finish line. Looks like only AQ’s this year for the tournament or so I hear. Can’t believe Genies and Bugs are going again tonight. 😮
If Lynchburg beats H-SC it would be a three-way tie if the three teams beat all their other opponents...
If I read everything right, if Lynchburg beats HS by 3 they are the #1 seed. I believe the tie breaker is GA vs. the tied teams. Right now HS +2, W&L 0 and LYN -2. Only game remaining is HS vs. LYN as long as no one loses to anyone else. No idea what happens if LYN beats HS by 2 and they are all tied. I think it goes to pre drawn lots that happened before the season started.
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

ODACLAX wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:42 pm
thescottharris wrote: Fri Apr 02, 2021 9:17 pm
Hmmm Scotty. Looking up the thread I hope your quotes are as off tomorrow as they were today. With the exception of FO W&L played a pretty complete game game tonight. Hope they can build on this.
They are lucky Taylor was on fire for that game considering they got outshot by 20.
Nothinbutthelax

Wish LYN would finish that booth and film from up top. The film crew sucks.. Making me dizzy.
LYN at home and look comfortable..
Dehuntshigwa’es

Gennies are gassed on the defensive end, which will lead to penalties and failed clears. They defended a lot last night losing so many face offs. Taylor isn’t getting 19 saves again. They are in this but the offense needs to be exceedingly efficient. Gotta keep it close into the 4th
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

This is more in line with what I was expecting in the first game. Hornets clearly the better team but Taylor isn't on fire today.
Nothinbutthelax

Taylor has heated up. 15 save so far.
Hope Mize shakes that off!
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

In the two Lynchburg-WLU games, Lynchburg had a 107-57 shot advantage
HSCLAX37

Post by HSCLAX37 »

Expecting a big performance by Hampden Sydney's midfielder number 37 Reilly French. Can the Randolph Macon defense hold the potential All American to less than 5 points?
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

Find yourself someone who loves you like Jared Medwar loves playing against Randolph-Macon: 7g and 1a today, 7g and 1a in the last matchup in 2019
Nothinbutthelax

LYN is rolling against NOKE..16-5 with 2 left in 3rd.. was a 4-4 game after 1
Nothinbutthelax

18-5 after 3.
Dominating on the Dot. Was a make it take quarter.
Dehuntshigwa’es

Lynchburg is so tough especially at home. They are really flexing their muscles today. Noke is totally outmanned, one bright spot is the freshman goalie might see more of him in the future. Anyone think Lynchburg can pull down Salisbury in the tournament. I’m thinking they’d have a punchers chance. Teams beat Salisbury in March not May
thescottharris

Post by thescottharris »

When it was 4-4, I was thinking, "seems like Roanoke has righted the ship this year after an uninspiring start to the season" and then that line of thinking didn't last long.
Nothinbutthelax

LYN is really unselfish and moved the ball really well today. Would like to see a few new wrinkles offensively.. more cutters/creases feeds, more skips, fakes the swing pass and dodge under (#10 Trammel Robinson did it perfectly)..
Some chatter on the Salisbury thread is all the chefs in the kitchen are not sharing... if they are not firing on all cylinders anything can happen.
Assuming no upsets of LYN beats HSC by 4 do they get #1 seed and homefield?
If they win by 2 it’s HSCs?
JBFortunato

Post by JBFortunato »

thescottharris wrote: Sat Apr 10, 2021 6:55 pm When it was 4-4, I was thinking, "seems like Roanoke has righted the ship this year after an uninspiring start to the season" and then that line of thinking didn't last long.
Right system on D, wrong personnel. The zone doesn’t just run itself, you need to play kids that can get from one spot to the other quickly. LYN is very fast, they move the ball well, have to play fast kids to counter that. Pretty simple.
The Noke O actually looked good I thought. If the D kept it closer it might have been interesting.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”