Landmark 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
Can'tGoLeft

Re: Landmark 2021

Post by Can'tGoLeft »

It's a shame this conference couldn't get started sooner and allow the colleges to schedule some OOC games. Etown always had a challenging schedule and packed it with some tough teams. It served them well in the past.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

The need to lift the No Fans rule, a lot of the D1 games are allowing.
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

laxbro1955 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:07 pm The need to lift the No Fans rule, a lot of the D1 games are allowing.
100%... I get some of the challenges (shared restrooms at stadiums, etc.) but I think they will find some willing and able parent groups to help fund and work through the issues. I see no reason why 100-200 fans could not be accommodated at these fields!
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

How about Port-a Pots that way only there for the day, remove or have cleaned. They have been doing at construction sites during this time without issues.
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

laxbro1955 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 12:44 pm How about Port-a Pots that way only there for the day, remove or have cleaned. They have been doing at construction sites during this time without issues.
Exactly... we parents will do what is asked... who/where is the governing body here to lobby? Was this the group of ADs or a some guy in the league office?
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

It seems to be the Landmark Officials. Even if the Home team is only allowed parents would be better than nothing. Horrible thing they are doing to the kids for a second year. No senior day or anything. Kids will have no graduation or so many rules the kids won't want to even go. Crazy times for sure. College football back in Fall had 14000 fans allowed and now there is a vaccine and things are way better now we are being told.
Landmarkguy

Post by Landmarkguy »

laxbro1955 wrote: Sun Mar 14, 2021 3:09 pm It seems to be the Landmark Officials. Even if the Home team is only allowed parents would be better than nothing. Horrible thing they are doing to the kids for a second year. No senior day or anything. Kids will have no graduation or so many rules the kids won't want to even go. Crazy times for sure. College football back in Fall had 14000 fans allowed and now there is a vaccine and things are way better now we are being told.
I hate to break the bad news to the landmark. Fully funded division 1 lacrosse programs are battling with this issue. Many are only allowing home fans which requires extensive staff to run the games...this requires $$, which I doubt any team in the landmark has/is willing to take on those liabilities. It's a bummer but the harsh reality.
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

I see that E'town has Liebsch at LSM , Scarfano at Attack amd Mahoney in Goal back this year as Graduate Students. Moravian Shows a Schicke LSM and Siddron Attack as seniors but playing there 5th year. Moravian got there first win but didn't see game not sure how they looked, goalie play didnt show good for there opponent . I haven't seen catholics or Scrantons roster its not up yet ,so not ready to predict but E'town right now definitely has an advantage. I wonder if Landmark is going to show coaches ranking of teams.
We know they are paying a lot of attention to rules of no fans and masks that not other conf are wearing.
Landmarkguy

Post by Landmarkguy »

Exciting day in the Landmark, and what better way than Susquehanna is kicking it off against Salisbury!

Prediction 22-0 Salisbury in an abysmal rain game. Not much to go off here besides Susquehanna schedule last year where they struggled to say the least. I only chose them to get shut out based off last years performance. Only able to score 3 against F&M last year I can't imagine what their offense can muster up much more than 1 goal.

I hope for Susquehanna players sake the game stays under control. I saw a few videos online on Salisbury scrimmaging Drexel and holding their own if not beating up on Drexel at times. How does this game get scheduled? I bet the Susquehanna players are asking themselves the same thing! Wonder what the Susquehanna staff was thinking.

Also two good wins out the gate for Moravian, not against the strongest teams but they should be tuned up nicely for their game against Drew!
Bananas4Lax3

Post by Bananas4Lax3 »

22-0 is brutal! Anyone hear any news on the assistant coach at Susquehanna? Is he still there?
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

As per Susquehanna/Salisbury and why schedule it, scheduling games with Covid restrictions is very difficult and teams will take any game they can get. It’ll be a good experience for Susquehanna to see what a top notch D3 team looks like. I’m sure they don’t expect to win but the opportunity to compete against the best is how you get better.
As per Susquehanna coaching staff I believe it’s the same as it was last year according to the roster on team website.
Laxdad1960

Post by Laxdad1960 »

Landmarkguy wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:21 am Exciting day in the Landmark, and what better way than Susquehanna is kicking it off against Salisbury!

Prediction 22-0 Salisbury in an abysmal rain game. Not much to go off here besides Susquehanna schedule last year where they struggled to say the least. I only chose them to get shut out based off last years performance. Only able to score 3 against F&M last year I can't imagine what their offense can muster up much more than 1 goal.

I hope for Susquehanna players sake the game stays under control. I saw a few videos online on Salisbury scrimmaging Drexel and holding their own if not beating up on Drexel at times. How does this game get scheduled? I bet the Susquehanna players are asking themselves the same thing! Wonder what the Susquehanna staff was thinking.

Also two good wins out the gate for Moravian, not against the strongest teams but they should be tuned up nicely for their game against Drew!
Yes the coaches were scrambling to fill a dance card with few slots. Coaching staff remains the same. The boys looked forward to measuring themselves against a top tier (probable champion?). F/O guy got dinged with a couple of silly penalties but other than that the game was in control... new starters at nearly every position so it was not a all polished... they knew what to expect
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

27-4 SU loss wasn't far from prediction of 22-0. Hopefully Salsbury is really that good!!!
Landmark I guess got tired of all the parent complaints and turned the decision for fans to each school. Moravian answered positively but not sure if visiting fans are welcome. Scranton just said NO which I'm sure is disappointing for players and parents. The other schools have not posted decision.
it would be nice if Landmark would get involved like past years with posting Ranking of teams ETC rather than just the Covid restrictions.
The kids deserve for all they have given up to play. Anyone have any ideas of favorite teams to win the conference this year?
Su has a game Saturday and hopefully will be a better outing for them.
Next Wednesday it all begins for a short 8 game schedule be nice to get back to some normalcy.
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

Good on Coach Moan (Salisbury grad) to get this game on the schedule. Yes, at a time in the 3rd period it was 23-0 and Salisbury was missing some notable players (hopefully not injury or covid-related), but I feel confident in saying that Susquehanna will not face a more talented opponent the rest of the way. Hopefully, Coach Moan and the guys were able to take away something from the game and build off and prepare for their landmark schedule. I will say this (in my opinion), Susquehanna didn't throw in the towel and as much as I would have enjoyed seeing a shutout for Ellis and that defense, I did enjoy the eruption from the River hawks bench after that 1st goal at the end of the 3rd quarter. Best of luck the rest of the way.
Bananas4Lax3

Post by Bananas4Lax3 »

Landmark Conference play starts this week with most teams having yet to play a game! Below are my preseason predictions.:

1.) Elizabethtown. Well they have won the past three conference championships and while Coach P leaving hurts they have a couple of 5th years coming back and I still cant rank them anything other than first until someone knocks them off!
2.) Catholic. They may return the most out of anybody in the conference specifically on the offensive side of the ball and have the best faceoff guy in the conference as well.
3.) Scranton. By default here, Goucher isnt playing and I think the rest of the conference may be that bad.
4.) Moravian. They have played a few games and have proven they can score in bunches!
5.) Susquehanna. Welll....last year was tough and I will excuse their game against Salisbury, but I expected them to be competitive against a Montclair team who had beaten Neumann in overtime, instead they got blown off the field. Do I need to say much else?
6.) Drew....not sure what Drew has coming back but them vs Susquehanna will be a very good game.

Conference may not be as competitive as years past as I am expecting the top 3 teams to roll the bottom 3 but we will see starting on Wednesday!
laxbro1955

Post by laxbro1955 »

Scranton over SU 26-5 !!! WOW!!!!! Beaten in every aspect of the game ,the stats say it all. maybe they had a lot of kids out sick but right now with the info I have I guess we know now where SU will fit on the rankings. impossible to determine how good Scranton is. We knew there Fogo was good and he dominated as expected. E'town catholic postponed I am assuming something with covid and Drews game also being postponed will be interesting if there game is played Saturday. Im not sure running uo the score that bad they could have at least pulled the Fogo in second half, he had all but 5 might have slowed down the scoring. its about records to I guess and 29 face offs is a big record in the books. 111Good first win Scranton111 Its nice to get the first conf game in the books.

u
Landmarkguy

Post by Landmarkguy »

What a day for the Landmark!

A shame to see Etown v Catholic, and Drew v Moravian canceled. Let's hope everyone is safe and healthy and can resume play on Saturday.

Scranton v SU.....laxbro1955 is spot in with his recap. Scranton looked great, and SU looks like they are picking up where they ended last season.

As far as Scranton keeping their starters in and running up the score, with a short seasons it looked to me as if Scranton didn't want to leave any doubt in the conferences mind that they are one of the top tier teams.

From what the stats showed it looks like SU might want to consider giving their long poles some short sticks, appears they had a hand in almost all of their goals.

Hopefully we can get a full slate of games this weekend!
River Donkey

Post by River Donkey »

Ok, so maybe I was wrong about SU in my prediction. After watching yesterday I see they picked up right where they left off last year. I now move Drew and Moravian ahead of SU. While other programs in the conference have gotten better, it’s clear SU is headed in the opposite direction. They need help everywhere on the field all the way down to basic stick skills. Scranton looked good but not 25-6 good. Maybe SU can look forward to Juniata coming into the league next year for a conference win. Offense seemed to have no direction, defense was non existent, riding and clearing were terrible. Looks like the SU coaches have their work cut out for them. All that being said I look forward to seeing the rest of the conference this weekend.
Bananas4Lax3

Post by Bananas4Lax3 »

Can somebody explain what in the world is going on at SU....I mean 25-6 in a conference game, is that a conference record for biggest blowout?
I get they have a bunch of freshmen but they also have a junior and senior on attack, and those two combine for 3 shots...how is that possible?!!?!? Starting fogo from last year is now a defenseman and SU has struggled mightily at the faceoff x these first three games.

25-6....how is that possible....will this be the worst team in landmark conference history???
RustyShackleford

Post by RustyShackleford »

Long time reader; first time poster. I noticed Scranton has no assistants, is that typical? I guess in the COVID environment they didn't replace their assistant that went to Plattsburg.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”