York 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
DeepPocket

Re: York 2021

Post by DeepPocket »

https://www.ycpspartans.com/sports/mlax ... 1/schedule

Schedule released. MAC freedom / commonwealth crossover.
MAC - The SEC of DIII lacrosse.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Expected result for York’s first game in the MAC and first ever meeting with Wilkes.

JT Kidd (FO) no longer on the roster. Sophomore, and High School All-American, Facciponti stepped up and was dominant going 15-18 taking draws.

5th year middie Reynolds didn’t see the field. When his firepower returns watch out.

Lots of different combinations out there. Dembeck potted 3 and I believe saw time at attack. Schmidt came up to midfield and produced as well. I suspect the shuffling will continue leading up to the Stevens and Stevenson games.

I’m sure as decisive as the win was, coach Childs will have some adjustments he will make.
jrazz44

Post by jrazz44 »

DeepPocket wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 8:18 am Expected result for York’s first game in the MAC and first ever meeting with Wilkes.

JT Kidd (FO) no longer on the roster. Sophomore, and High School All-American, Facciponti stepped up and was dominant going 15-18 taking draws.

5th year middie Reynolds didn’t see the field. When his firepower returns watch out.

Lots of different combinations out there. Dembeck potted 3 and I believe saw time at attack. Schmidt came up to midfield and produced as well. I suspect the shuffling will continue leading up to the Stevens and Stevenson games.

I’m sure as decisive as the win was, coach Childs will have some adjustments he will make.

Any thoughts on potential upcoming adjustments?
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Not a clue. They have so much talent. I could also see things being kept fluid and picking advantageous oppositional matchups. Time is on their side as well, with 3 weeks before Stevenson.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Spartans move to 3-0. Hood matchup for Saturday postponed. Next up is a true test in Stevenson next Wednesday.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Stevenson game postponed. York to meet Eastern instead this Wednesday 4pm.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Great article on Gunnar Reynolds as he nears his return.

https://amp.yorkdispatch.com/amp/704276 ... ssion=true

Spartans, at 6-0, close in on the halfway mark of their 14 game regular season. Currently out scoring opponents 102 - 24, without last year’s leading scorer in Reynolds. The defense has held opponents to single digits in all outings, with a Jack Michael SV% at 62.

I look forward to seeing the coming Stevenson and Stevens matchups.
overandback

Post by overandback »

I would imagine York coaches and fans have to be happy with the way the season has progressed. Turns out the move to MAC was well timed. With two divisions, it set up nicely for multiple games within overall conf. Appears York have been playing every 3 or 4 days and pretty seamlessly filling postponements with otherwise idle MAC opponents. Toss in full Freedom and Commonwealth playoffs and maybe even allowing some people in to watch the games - provided all continues to go well, I give MAC a lot of credit.
Good luck the rest of the way, Sparty. Hope Bullets find you on the schedule in 6 weeks or so.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

overandback wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:01 pm I would imagine York coaches and fans have to be happy with the way the season has progressed. Turns out the move to MAC was well timed. With two divisions, it set up nicely for multiple games within overall conf. Appears York have been playing every 3 or 4 days and pretty seamlessly filling postponements with otherwise idle MAC opponents. Toss in full Freedom and Commonwealth playoffs and maybe even allowing some people in to watch the games - provided all continues to go well, I give MAC a lot of credit.
Good luck the rest of the way, Sparty. Hope Bullets find you on the schedule in 6 weeks or so.
Yes, given the different ways conferences are approaching the 2021 season, things certainly have worked out thus far in the MAC.

Thank you for the well wishes. Same to the Bullets. I have a family member who played lacrosse for Gettysburg, and their games with York of late have provided for some extra “friendly banter” between us. Good luck in your opener this Saturday.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Congrats to Matt Whitcher who was picked up by the PLL Waterdogs.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

York keeping their schedule active, with a late addition getting Misericordia on for tonight, after Wednesday’s cancellation (Alvernia).

Quietly chewing up wins. Passed their first top 20 test in Stevens, with another looming in Stevenson.

Attack- Dembeck is as advertised, and seems to have found a home at attack. Potting points in bunches and pairing nicely opposite O’Sullivan’s team leading talents.

Goal- Michael standing tall with a GAA under 5 and Save% over 62.

D- Starting defense looks strong on the ball. Giving Michael clean looks at outside shots and forcing offenses into ill advised / low percentage attempts.

FO- The Sophmore Facciponti, stepping into the starting role, proving more than serviceable on the draws going 117 of 180.

Mid- Wolf able to capitalize with ease at midfield, as defenses try to contain threats down low. Gunnar Reynolds has returned, and as his absolute rifle of an outside shot begins to find the mark, the threats keep stacking up.

Stevenson always plays York tough, and the matchup will likely provide a look forward at the MAC commonwealth AQ.

But first things first, beat a 6-2 Misericordia tonight.
What I’ll be watching- York’s D matching up with #19 Luzzi on Attack. Misericordia has scored more than 20 goals in 5 of their 6 wins, with Luzzi averaging 7 points per game on the season. They are coming off a win, dropping 30 on Del Val where Luzzi scored 5.
BULLET

Post by BULLET »

it's very, very difficult to assess York at this point. They have a very light schedule. They may be the only 9-0 team that hasn't really been tested at all- and won't be until the tournament. They should run the table until then. The Stevens win is a plus.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

BULLET wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:08 pm it's very, very difficult to assess York at this point. They have a very light schedule. They may be the only 9-0 team that hasn't really been tested at all- and won't be until the tournament. They should run the table until then. The Stevens win is a plus.
Absolutely correct. Though apply that to a lot of ranked teams out there.

Tufts, Cabrini, Gettysburg, F&M, Union. All top ten. All tough to assess at this point in their schedules. Either played less than 3 games. Or played just one ranked opponent (ala York). Or one game and no ranked opponents in one glaring example.

The irony is even some of the teams that HAVE played a slew of ranked opponents are tough to assess at this point. See the CNU, Salisbury, Lynchburg, W&L, Colorado College “circular firing squad” (Though Salisbury seems the consensus outlier in the group as having “let one get away”).

It is an odd year. If at this point in the respective schedules, you’re giving the first grouping of teams the benefit of the doubt based on last years success, returning talent, and transfers, then certainly you can include York in that mix as they have all of the above. Or don’t, but they might surprise you.
Fandadof3laxers

Post by Fandadof3laxers »

Absolute cupcake schedule. I would’ve liked to see the brothers Child play again this year. SMC SOS is off the charts and they played top 5 teams tough.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Conference only, MAC rules. *shrugs.*
Just happy they’ve got Stevens and Stevenson in MAC.
boredatwork

Post by boredatwork »

DeepPocket wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:20 am Conference only, MAC rules. *shrugs.*
Just happy they’ve got Stevens and Stevenson in MAC.
Deeppocket, please don’t let facts get in the way of a good narrative on the forums
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

boredatwork wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:49 am Deeppocket, please don’t let facts get in the way of a good narrative on the forums
Exactly. Another year of nay sayers. Let’s hope for another year of York proving them wrong on the field.

So far, so good.
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

DeepPocket wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:02 am
boredatwork wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:49 am Deeppocket, please don’t let facts get in the way of a good narrative on the forums
Exactly. Another year of nay sayers. Let’s hope for another year of York proving them wrong on the field.

So far, so good.
looking forward to an exciting CAC, I mean MAC match up with York vs. Stevenson next Friday. Fingers crossed both teams test negative this week and the game is played.
DeepPocket

Post by DeepPocket »

Tough loss to Stevenson after coming into the second half up 4-1.

All credit to Stevenson. Their defense gave York fits, cutting off passing lanes and sliding early.

Hopefully there is enough tape that Coach Childs can get the game plan set for the Conference tourney. Both teams have games tomorrow.

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”