Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
cradleandshoot

Re: Who is supporting the immigrant caravan?

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:50 am
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 am
Until then? All you're doing is slowing illegal immigration.

And yes, flipping on EVerify is on Biden now. You want to blame him for that? I'm on board. But then you'd have to blame ol' Trump-pants for not doing the same.
Agree. But why is “only” slowing illegal immigration bad?

We’ve had an avg of 200-400k per year in previous administrations. On pace for a record high of 2M right now.
Why?

Biden’s policies.

Illegals knew they would/could be caught and sent back. There was risk in being here illegally. Now the policy rewards illegals for not only being here but children being found parent less. Biden may have had good intentions but his policies are what’s driving this surge. A bad problem has gotten worse.
... unless you consider migration is seasonal, always has been; and
... this season the US is vaccinating people like crazy, COVID is becoming less a concern; and
... against health expert advice, the USA is opening up helter skelter which means JOBS; and then you might want to consider
... the increase in Central American violence. Violence drives Central American migration.

I don't think it is a simple as you seem to think. Kids traveling alone have been asked the question why are they traveling now, they never answer because Joe Biden is president or because the current president is soft, in fact they don't even know that the border is now softer according to reporters talking to the kids. I am sure some are aware and this likely adds to the numbers, but it is not all the numbers.
The question that nobody asks is what parent sends their kid alone 2000 miles to another country ? That is the parent that should be thrown in jail for child neglect. So who cares what might happen to them on the journey down?Any parent that sends their child alone on such a journey is a scumbag piece of chit.
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 11:33 am

And yes, flipping on EVerify is on Biden now. You want to blame him for that? I'm on board. But then you'd have to blame ol' Trump-pants for not doing the same.

We’ve had an avg of 200-400k per year in previous administrations. On pace for a record high of 2M right now.
Why?

Biden’s policies.

Illegals knew they would/could be caught and sent back. There was risk in being here illegally. Now the policy rewards illegals for not only being here but children being found parent less. Biden may have had good intentions but his policies are what’s driving this surge. A bad problem has gotten worse.
... this season the US is vaccinating people like crazy, COVID is becoming less a concern; and
... against health expert advice, the USA is opening up helter skelter which means JOBS; and then you might want to consider
... the increase in Central American violence. Violence drives Central American migration.

I don't think it is a simple as you seem to think. Kids traveling alone have been asked the question why are they traveling now, they never answer because Joe Biden is president or because the current president is soft, in fact they don't even know that the border is now softer according to reporters talking to the kids. I am sure some are aware and this likely adds to the numbers, but it is not all the numbers.
The question that nobody asks is what parent sends their kid alone 2000 miles to another country ? That is the parent that should be thrown in jail for child neglect. So who cares what might happen to them on the journey down?Any parent that sends their child alone on such a journey is a scumbag piece of chit.
... or really desperate.
Image STAND AGAINST FASCISM
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:40 pm

Why?

Biden’s policies.

... or really desperate.
I don't know about you. There is no situation so desperate I would send my kids on such a journey. If I am not there with them it is not going to happen
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:58 pm

Why?

Biden’s policies.

... or really desperate.
I don't know about you. There is no situation so desperate I would send my kids on such a journey. If I am not there with them it is not going to happen
... you don't live in Guatemala, or El Salvador or Honduras. Read the stories of some of these parents and you might understand. I agree it is hard to imagine.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:08 pm

Why?

Biden’s policies.

... or really desperate.
... you don't live in Guatemala, or El Salvador or Honduras. Read the stories of some of these parents and you might understand. I agree it is hard to imagine.
A parent is a parent no matter where you live or the circumstances you live under. No parent sends their kids on a 2000 thousand mile unsupervised journey to an unknown destination. Their stories mean nothing to me. Sending your kids off into the abyss is wrong, flat out wrong. I mean what could possibly go wrong to endanger these kids? I wonder how many of them never even make it to the US border? They are just collateral damage that should be expected.
Bob Ross:
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:16 pm

Why?

Biden’s policies.

... or really desperate.
A parent is a parent no matter where you live or the circumstances you live under. No parent sends their kids on a 2000 thousand mile unsupervised journey to an unknown destination. Their stories mean nothing to me. Sending your kids off into the abyss is wrong, flat out wrong. I mean what could possibly go wrong to endanger these kids? I wonder how many of them never even make it to the US border? They are just collateral damage that should be expected.
... sorry, you are just plain wrong. You need to walk a mile in the shoes of some of these folks.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:24 pm

Why?

Biden’s policies.

... or really desperate.
... sorry, you are just plain wrong. You need to walk a mile in the shoes of some of these folks.
I understand the desperation. The parents need to walk 2000 miles in their shoes walking side by side with their children. You are plain wrong. Any parent living in the US and abandoning their kids on such a dangerous journey are going to jail. The end does not justify the means. Here in the USA we have helicopter parents that won't let their kids swing on a playground swing without being 2 feet away from them. FTR ..who takes care of these kids along the way? Do mom and dad pack em a couple hundred PBJ s or do they forage for themselves? Who supervises them? What if they get sick along the way? You can always count on strangers in those circumstances can't you? :roll:
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 am Agree. But why is “only” slowing illegal immigration bad?
I didn't say it was. I said it was sizzle, not steak...and suggested to stop worrying about the sizzle, and focus on the steak. It's been 40 freaking years of feigned concern over a broken immigration system. When do we work on the actual problem?
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 am Illegals knew they would/could be caught and sent back. There was risk in being here illegally. Now the policy rewards illegals for not only being here but children being found parent less. Biden may have had good intentions but his policies are what’s driving this surge. A bad problem has gotten worse.
Yes. Why? Because you and your fellow Republicans let Trump and the R's off the hook. What message do you think Trump and R's got when no matter what Trump did, he was ~90% approval? That's right, my man: keep doing nothing. Tweet about the libs, and we're happy.

Now we're on to a Dem...and shocker, you don't like his policies. In other news, water is wet.

See the problem? "Dems are bad" doesn't fix problems. Next time when you elect a President---hold him/her accountable. Otherwise? What the F is the point to being in a political party? The $1000 a plate dinners? The neat decoder ring you get in the mail? ;)
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:46 pm

Why?

Biden’s policies.

... or really desperate.
I understand the desperation. The parents need to walk 2000 miles in their shoes walking side by side with their children. You are plain wrong. Any parent living in the US and abandoning their kids on such a dangerous journey are going to jail. The end does not justify the means. Here in the USA we have helicopter parents that won't let their kids swing on a playground swing without being 2 feet away from them. FTR ..who takes care of these kids along the way? Do mom and dad pack em a couple hundred PBJ s or do they forage for themselves? Who supervises them? What if they get sick along the way? You can always count on strangers in those circumstances can't you? :roll:
... the northern triangle is not the USA. I agree no American parent would make this choice, they don't live in the triangle either. None of us have experienced the things some of these folks have. Remember they move in caravans. There is assistance in the caravan and at points along the way.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

jhu72 wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:42 pm
cradleandshoot wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:46 pm

Why?

Biden’s policies.

... or really desperate.
... the northern triangle is not the USA. I agree no American parent would make this choice, they don't live in the triangle either. None of us have experienced the things some of these folks have. Remember they move in caravans. There is assistance in the caravan and at points along the way.
I hope someone is looking after them on the journey to our southern border. Too many bad things can happen to a child on such a long haul.
Bob Ross:
a fan

Post by a fan »

a fan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:59 pm
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 am Agree. But why is “only” slowing illegal immigration bad?
I didn't say it was. I said it was sizzle, not steak...and suggested to stop worrying about the sizzle, and focus on the steak. It's been 40 freaking years of feigned concern over a broken immigration system. When do we work on the actual problem?
kramerica.inc wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:30 am Illegals knew they would/could be caught and sent back. There was risk in being here illegally. Now the policy rewards illegals for not only being here but children being found parent less. Biden may have had good intentions but his policies are what’s driving this surge. A bad problem has gotten worse.
Yes. Why? Because you and your fellow Republicans let Trump and the R's off the hook. What message do you think Trump and R's got when no matter what Trump did, he was ~90% approval? That's right, my man: keep doing nothing. Tweet about the libs, and we're happy.

Now we're on to a Dem...and shocker, you don't like his policies. In other news, water is wet.

See the problem? "Dems are bad" doesn't fix problems. Next time when you elect a President---hold him/her accountable. Otherwise? What the F is the point to being in a political party? The $1000 a plate dinners? The neat decoder ring you get in the mail? ;)
So to be perfectly clear: I believe that the immigration policies of the last 5 Presidents are *hit. Complete garbage that lines the pockets of the 1%, and sticks it to immigrants as well as American workers and taxpayers.

I'm sick of the excuses. I'm sick of the fake concerns over the Southern border. I'm sick of them not addressing the problem head on: flip on EVerify, and start throwing business owners in jail. How fast would you get your business in line if the consequence was that if you didn't, you'd spend a few years in Federal prison?

40 years of whining. Trump's ENTIRE campaign was about fixing the problem. He didn't come even close. The difference between Trump's policies and Bidens is the difference between 12noon, and five minutes after noon.
lagerhead

Post by lagerhead »

Remember they move in caravans. There is assistance in the caravan and at points along the way.
[/quote]

I hope someone is looking after them on the journey to our southern border. Too many bad things can happen to a child on such a long haul.
[/quote]

So you’re saying the caravans are organized, someone something behind it that keeps it going. Those aren’t asylum seekers.
old salt

Post by old salt »

a fan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:12 pm

So to be perfectly clear: I believe that the immigration policies of the last 5 Presidents are *hit. Complete garbage that lines the pockets of the 1%, and sticks it to immigrants as well as American workers and taxpayers.

I'm sick of the excuses. I'm sick of the fake concerns over the Southern border. I'm sick of them not addressing the problem head on: flip on EVerify, and start throwing business owners in jail. How fast would you get your business in line if the consequence was that if you didn't, you'd spend a few years in Federal prison?

40 years of whining. Trump's ENTIRE campaign was about fixing the problem. He didn't come even close. The difference between Trump's policies and Bidens is the difference between 12noon, and five minutes after noon.
:lol: ... so pitch a tantrum, throw up your hands & do nothing. Make the perfect the enemy of the good.

When it became apparent to Trump that he could not get comp reform, he did what he could, within the law, to staunch the flow & stop the scam of using kids & cheating the asylum process to gain entry. It worked. The numbers don't lie. Biden undid it all. It is now undeniably obvious that Biden is committed to open borders, no matter the humanitarian costs.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:40 pm
a fan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:12 pm

:lol: ... so pitch a tantrum, throw up your hands & do nothing. Make the perfect the enemy of the good.

When it became apparent to Trump that he could not get comp reform, he did what he could, within the law, to staunch the flow & stop the scam of using kids & cheating the asylum process to gain entry. It worked. The numbers don't lie. Biden undid it all. It is now undeniably obvious that Biden is committed to open borders, no matter the humanitarian costs.
“He did what he could”.... That’s the standard?....The numbers don’t lie.... 560,000 dead and counting.
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

old salt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:40 pm :lol: ... so pitch a tantrum, throw up your hands & do nothing. Make the perfect the enemy of the good.
The only one who's mad right now is you. I've been hearing about this "crisis" since before I could drive a car.

What I am telling you is that in my opinion it's clear as day that "the good" is SPECIFICALLY the enemy of actually solving the problem.

We've been talking about immigration reform for 40+ years. And each time, the Potus says "gee whiz, it's just too hard to pass a bill. And because of that, i'll diddle around with the Southern Border where all the press cameras are pointing, and kick the can down the road".

And if you're a R? You're happy that "at least this isn't as bad as the Dems".

And guess what the Dems are saying right now, OS? The same thing you said about Trump being better than the previous Presidents...... "well, at least it's not as bad as it was under Trump".

Rinse. Repeat.

Sorry man. We disagree.
jhu72

Post by jhu72 »

lagerhead wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:18 pm Remember they move in caravans. There is assistance in the caravan and at points along the way.

So you’re saying the caravans are organized, someone something behind it that keeps it going. Those aren’t asylum seekers.
Not all caravans are trafficker caravans. Many are, but not all. Don't see the logic where if you make a plan, or if you pay someone to help, you aren't an asylum seeker. Of course not all the people coming to the border are asylum seekers, but many are.

Caravans to me means a group traveling together for mutual benefit, doesn't mean they have dedicated transportation planned. Many, perhaps most do, but not all. Groups traveling together but hitchhiking fits my definition of caravan. This can be formed in an ad-hoc manner as strangers work together. There is not just a single profile for these people.

No matter how you slice it, this is a dangerous undertaking, undertaken by desperate people, for the most part.
Last edited by jhu72 on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

a fan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:16 pm
old salt wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:40 pm :lol: ... so pitch a tantrum, throw up your hands & do nothing. Make the perfect the enemy of the good.
The only one who's mad right now is you. I've been hearing about this "crisis" since before I could drive a car.

What I am telling you is that in my opinion it's clear as day that "the good" is SPECIFICALLY the enemy of actually solving the problem.

We've been talking about immigration reform for 40+ years. And each time, the Potus says "gee whiz, it's just too hard to pass a bill. And because of that, i'll diddle around with the Southern Border where all the press cameras are pointing, and kick the can down the road".

And guess what the Dems are saying right now, OS? The same thing you said about Trump being better than the previous Presidents...... "well, at least it's not as bad as it was under Trump".

Rinse. Repeat.

Sorry man. We disagree.
He is mad that Trump lost.
“I wish you would!”
ABV 8.3%

Post by ABV 8.3% »

a fan wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:16 pm

Rinse. Repeat.

Sorry man. We disagree.
YUP>>>>>>>>>and you, afan.....are part of the problem

J-1 visa gets lifted tomorrow.........hopefully your "buddy" at the $2k a NITE hotel in Aspen, will be able to hire "interns" to clean toilets, make beds, all, while the "little neil" doesn't have to pay FICA, overtime and other working "rights" don't apply to J1 visa employees.

Good for you........what's a moscow mule cost in the Ajax tavern? $34 bucks? :lol: :lol:

unless, we have been provided the wrong information regarding J1 slaves, cleaning John Kerry Heinz's sheets and toilet, after a 2 nite stay.

awesomer..........or disgusting

"plantation owners can NOT survive without slaves"

"service industry owners can NOT survive without J1 workers"

Makes sense........100's millions of unemployed
.......oh, right.. the JOBS USA kids don't wanna do.

Nah, afan.......you can choose to call out these pretends....these hypocrites.....but, NOPE.......

is it wrong to assume that your business benefits from slave labor? You sell your liquors/booze to the "only" 5 star in Aspen?

YOU......are the problem.......call them out....it is disgusting.....

off course, the king net mover will , well, "net move" and claim the "only" 5 star hotel in a predominately minority community, Aspen, CO, and point out that mid April room rates, after taxes, fees, etc, START, at $900, per nite. I am sure, afan, you get a discount rate.

(interesting, recent changes to the "Nell" website. Gone.....is the "we are proud of our J1 slave hiring program" )

https://www.thelittlenell.com/careers/i ... applicants

REJOICE........afan...... DonjT J1 visa ban gets lifted TOMorrow.....hire away

Cape cod business community is very very happy. Chatham Bars Inn is nailing it
oligarchy thanks you......same as it evah was
runrussellrun

YOU ARE

Post by runrussellrun »

you ...
Last edited by runrussellrun on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"
runrussellrun

REJOICE, expires March 31st, 2021

Post by runrussellrun »

point.......

.......less
Last edited by runrussellrun on Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
ILM...Independent Lives Matter
Pronouns: "we" and "suck"

Return to “POLITICS”