Centennial Conference 2021

D3 Mens Lacrosse
ShoreThingMD

Re: Centennial Conference 2021

Post by ShoreThingMD »

MrLax2U wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:43 pm
ShoreThingMD » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:34

Sadly, I had a feeling this was coming... But is it really war on the shore without fans anyway :?: :lol: Until next year...
Sadly, I have a terrible feeling that this is the last nail in the coffin of a once and storied men's lax program. RIP and thanks for all the memories.
Ugh, I hate to hear that. I've heard that resources are tight over at WAC, but I'm hoping this isn't the kiss of death. The rivalry was pretty intense back when I played. In fact, one of the years both teams were in the top 5 (#1 vs #4) come WOTS. That environment was unreal at SU. Even when we headed up to Chestertown, I know we always enjoyed walking out to that hostile WAC crowd and those dueling banjos got us going. Hoping WAC can right the ship.

I mean who can forget these....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIl2ANY ... 65&index=3 - The hit...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uRK8a03ehM - WAC's enterance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmpl5S9gvgs - SU goalie walk through the crowd
mdline

Post by mdline »

I believe it is simply a response to the Centennial Conference rules and regulations - War on the Shore was scheduled but when CC decided to allow for the conference as a whole to play then out-of-conference games were prohibited. Game cancelled in turn.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

WAC played at least 2 OOC games...they beat RMC 3/6 and lost to CNU 3/13. How did they get away with that? I'm glad they were able to get those games in. Did they just flaunt CC rules or did they go on their own until the CC got it's act together. Just wondering.
mdline

Post by mdline »

My sense is the latter - framed out a handful of games early and then had to conform to the CC decisions.
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

ShoreThingMD wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:26 am
MrLax2U wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:43 pm
ShoreThingMD » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:34

Sadly, I had a feeling this was coming... But is it really war on the shore without fans anyway :?: :lol: Until next year...
I suppose not, but the last two three years the War of the Shore have been exciting games. WAC was always up for that game - A lot of new faces for WAC so this may not have been the same situation this year. Hate the fact they won't get to play each other this season.
StuckinD2

Post by StuckinD2 »

Does anyone have any idea why WAC's HC is posted on multiple job sites!?!
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Jeff Shirk has resigned effective end of season to take AD job at prep school in Florida. He has already informed team and press release came out a few weeks ago.

Keep an eye on a few alums who may end up with job.

War on the Shore is not in jeopardy. This was simply a COVID related conference regulation decision. WOTS will be back in 2022.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

Also, back in 2010, the finalists for this job were: Kevin Warne (now Georgetown head coach), Stan Ross (former Butler head coach and Navy assistant), and Jeff Shirk.

Dave Cottle was also brought in for an “exploratory surgery” interview. Where he gave feedback to the school and department on what needed to happen to improve and land a quality candidate.

Needless to say, I don’t anticipate the candidate pool to be as strong this go around.

I expect a current high school coach who happens to be an alum with college coaching experience to get the job. We can’t afford Rick Sowell, who is a prominent alum.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Good Luck.. I hope you get your guy! The CC needs WAC to rise up.
GO BULLETS!
swf

Post by swf »

I expect a current high school coach who happens to be an alum with college coaching experience to get the job.
Not so bad. Tufts hired a High School guy to replace Mike Daly and he's doing a good job.

What about someone like Kylor Berkman. He did a good job with Aurora and he would certainly add excitement to WOTS.
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

swf wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 11:29 am
I expect a current high school coach who happens to be an alum with college coaching experience to get the job.
Not so bad. Tufts hired a High School guy to replace Mike Daly and he's doing a good job.

What about someone like Kylor Berkman. He did a good job with Aurora and he would certainly add excitement to WOTS.
LOL I doubt he will be in the candidate pool...
Laxaholic123

Post by Laxaholic123 »

I’m excited to see if Ursinus can live up to the preseason hype. Looking forward to this WAC/UC game!
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Didn't see any of the WC game but looks like UC has their offense figured out. Looking forward to their visit to the battlefield!
GO BULLETS
cigslax11

Post by cigslax11 »

Had the chance to watch the UC vs WAC game last night. WAC never led after they scored the first goal. UC dominated last night. Porzelt looked confident in net despite missing two starting close defenders. Dmids were a force, WAC middies had no where to go. As for the offense, UC picked apart WACs zone all game. Atillasoy continued his dominance from last year and now has a new partner in Neal, who had 10 pts in his debut (transfer from Rutgers). Ursinus got scoring from all over the roster, which shows how deep they are this year.

WAC was severely outmatched, they had trouble taking of the ball. I legitimately felt bad for that goalie in that zone, he got blasted by shots all night long.

Saturday’s match up between the Bears and Bullets is gonna be a good one.... I like the Bears 12-10
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Looks like the Centennial will be decided 5/1 when the Bullets head to Lancaster to play F&M. F&M looked really good last night at Ursinus. Although F&M will not be able to look past Dickinson and Gettysburg will need to handle a vastly improved Muhlenberg team that lost by 1 to F&M earlier in April. The Gettysburg/Muhlenberg game shows on the Mules site but not yet on Gettysburg's. I am assuming and hoping that game happens.
GO BULLETS
Dips_lax

Post by Dips_lax »

Laxdds wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:11 am Looks like the Centennial will be decided 5/1 when the Bullets head to Lancaster to play F&M. F&M looked really good last night at Ursinus. Although F&M will not be able to look past Dickinson and Gettysburg will need to handle a vastly improved Muhlenberg team that lost by 1 to F&M earlier in April. The Gettysburg/Muhlenberg game shows on the Mules site but not yet on Gettysburg's. I am assuming and hoping that game happens.
GO BULLETS
in either situation the game on 5/1 would decide the centennial bc the head to head is the 1st tie break. only scenario that wouldn't depend on the last game is if G'burg loses to both Muhl and McD (highly unlikely). If they both or only one enters with one loss the 5/1 game decides it all.

Centennial really needs to consider allowing spectators to this game (really any game) - outdoor venues are not really the issue. All local high schools have continued with full seasons and spectators at outside events. with no or limited issue. Everyone is distancing accordingly. Students/faculty will be off campus in early May anyway....
TidewaterLax

Post by TidewaterLax »

Dips_lax wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:53 am
Laxdds wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:11 am Looks like the Centennial will be decided 5/1 when the Bullets head to Lancaster to play F&M. F&M looked really good last night at Ursinus. Although F&M will not be able to look past Dickinson and Gettysburg will need to handle a vastly improved Muhlenberg team that lost by 1 to F&M earlier in April. The Gettysburg/Muhlenberg game shows on the Mules site but not yet on Gettysburg's. I am assuming and hoping that game happens.
GO BULLETS
in either situation the game on 5/1 would decide the centennial bc the head to head is the 1st tie break. only scenario that wouldn't depend on the last game is if G'burg loses to both Muhl and McD (highly unlikely). If they both or only one enters with one loss the 5/1 game decides it all.

Centennial really needs to consider allowing spectators to this game (really any game) - outdoor venues are not really the issue. All local high schools have continued with full seasons and spectators at outside events. with no or limited issue. Everyone is distancing accordingly. Students/faculty will be off campus in early May anyway....
The smartest people in the room are quite often the dumbest too.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

TidewaterLax wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:11 pm
Dips_lax wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:53 am
GO BULLETS

The smartest people in the room are quite often the dumbest too.
I couldn't agree more about allowing spectarors....and the smartest being the dumbest. For the follow the science crowd provide me the data indicating being outside and distanced poses any danger or potential spread of Covid
overandback

Post by overandback »

That's my cue to enter the room!

Dipslax,
I believe you are overlooking at least one scenario that would result in the 5/8 Gettysburg v Muhlenberg game determining CC champ.

If...
F&M loses to Dickinson and Gburg.
and...
Mules beat WAC and Ursinus.
and...
GBurg beats McDaniel and F&M.

Mules (4-1) and Bullets (5-0) would play for the CC Championship on 5/8.
Last edited by overandback on Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Laxdds

Post by Laxdds »

Thanks Overandback! I knew that was the scenario just 2 lazy to type it up
GO BULLETS

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”