Progressive Ideology

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Brooklyn

Re: Progressive Ideology

Post by Brooklyn »

more and more Democrats are calling for Andrew Cuomo to resign:

The majority leader of the State Senate called for Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo to resign as he faced fresh allegations of sexual harassment on Sunday, while another leader of Cuomo's party, the speaker of the State Assembly, told the third-term governor to strongly consider quitting.

The explicit call for Cuomo to resign from State Senate Majority Leader Andrea Stewart-Cousins, and request that he consider resigning from Assembly Speaker Carl Heastie, came as two more women accused the governor of toxic workplace conduct in published reports over the weekend.

Both Stewart-Cousins and Heastie are Democrats, as is Cuomo, and the moves by the most powerful members of the governor's party in the State Legislature increased the pressure on him as he faces a wave of allegations pertaining to his workplace conduct and his administration's handling of nursing home residents during the COVID-19 pandemic.

"Every day there is another account that is drawing away from the business of government," said Stewart-Cousins (D-Yonkers), the highest ranking woman in state government. "We have allegations about sexual harassment, a toxic work environment, the loss of credibility surrounding the COVID-19 nursing home data ...

"New York is still in the midst of this pandemic and is still facing the societal, health and economic impacts of it. We need to govern without daily distraction," she added. "For the good of the state Governor Cuomo must resign."

Heastie (D-Bronx) followed with a statement urging Cuomo to consider resigning ...

https://www.newsday.com/long-island/pol ... 1.50175705

No surprise that Dems are doing so. This unlike the rePUKEblicans who did not call for tRUMP's resignation or make any calls for Brett Kavanaugh to be denied appointment to the Supreme Court. Democrats typically have a higher standard of conduct than do the pukies who condemn the Dems while engaging in far worse conduct.
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

Charles Francis "Socker" Coe, Esq
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Brooklyn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:37 am more and more Democrats are calling for Andrew Cuomo to resign:
please provide equivalent memes...all the text from you does not compute. :lol:
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

youthathletics wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:30 am
Brooklyn wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:37 am more and more Democrats are calling for Andrew Cuomo to resign:
please provide equivalent memes...all the text from you does not compute. :lol:

eh? you saying not enuff Dems are being quoted?

give them time, more Dems will soon speak out ~ after all, they aren't rePUKEblicans who remained silent during tRUMP's disclosures about p00sy grabbing ;)
It has been proven a hundred times that the surest way to the heart of any man, black or white, honest or dishonest, is through justice and fairness.

dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Something like this could pay dividends.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/03/17/opinions ... index.html
“I wish you would!”
a fan

Post by a fan »

Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:03 pm Something like this could pay dividends.

These stories of AmeriCorps volunteers during the pandemic are rekindling a dream that has appealed to many conservatives and liberals since the Great Depression: a dream that one day every young person in the United States between 18 and 25 would volunteer at least a year in service to community and nation.

Service to our great country. Get paid for work.

Let's do it!!!!
Typical Lax Dad

a fan wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:45 pm
Typical Lax Dad wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:03 pm Something like this could pay dividends.

These stories of AmeriCorps volunteers during the pandemic are rekindling a dream that has appealed to many conservatives and liberals since the Great Depression: a dream that one day every young person in the United States between 18 and 25 would volunteer at least a year in service to community and nation.

Service to our great country. Get paid for work.

Let's do it!!!!
I have been all for it for years. Less money will be spent on housing prisoners....people will be gainfully employed and paying taxes....a win/win.
“I wish you would!”
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/entertainment ... r-BB1eJXHs

I have to have clarification from all you judgmental FLP folks on this forum. Is it worse to grab em by their p***y or is it more problematic to want to mount your female staffer like a dog? Explanation please? In all honesty, most of you FLP folks have been madly in love with King Andy. It must really suck to have your elitist bubble burst by your hero. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: This gets so confusing. Who is the bigger scumbag? Dump or C****o or maybe it is a tie. :roll:
We don't make mistakes, we have happy accidents.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Why are we measuring the relative amount of scumbaggery? The answer would still be Trump but a scumbag is a scumbag. With french cuffs or in FUBU. Maybe they did, I don't pay that much attention to any fans of politicians myself, but I don't recall folks sweating Cuomo, he isn't a friend to the true left at all and they know it and certainly even your favored dimissive use of RINO for moderate republicans wouldn't have been stroking Cuomo, even though a RINO would be distinctly different and not a FLP in the first place by my or your logic. Maybe there's some Clinton democrat types that did but I really don't recall that much at all, perhaps some comparison at the time but can you blame them given that Cuomo distorted the informaiton that was presented to the public? It would seem hypocritical for blaming them based on bad information and not being critical for folks who blindly follow and defend Trump like a dog who hasn't eaten in days and is trained by Michael Vick.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 2:20 pm Why are we measuring the relative amount of scumbaggery? The answer would still be Trump but a scumbag is a scumbag. With french cuffs or in FUBU. Maybe they did, I don't pay that much attention to any fans of politicians myself, but I don't recall folks sweating Cuomo, he isn't a friend to the true left at all and they know it and certainly even your favored dimissive use of RINO for moderate republicans wouldn't have been stroking Cuomo, even though a RINO would be distinctly different and not a FLP in the first place by my or your logic. Maybe there's some Clinton democrat types that did but I really don't recall that much at all, perhaps some comparison at the time but can you blame them given that Cuomo distorted the informaiton that was presented to the public? It would seem hypocritical for blaming them based on bad information and not being critical for folks who blindly follow and defend Trump like a dog who hasn't eaten in days and is trained by Michael Vick.
A very eloquent response. Being the azzhole I can be my post was 100% facetious. The question was 100% facetious. One scumbag is allegedly a republican who wants to grab the ladies by their p***y. The other a Democrat icon loved by FLP folks all over the land who wants to mount one of his female staffers like a dog. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: FTR a Rino is a Rino. When it gets down to brass tacks they are all republicans. I really don't give flying fig about any republican. Their parties problems with who identifies as some sort of a republican are their problems, not mine. I just call em as i see em.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Ahh, I am sarcastic or rhetorical often myself but missed that in my bone head.

Assume you have me pegged as a RINO too. I actually don't mine it being used, think it's stupid because it means "republican in name only" which, as you point out, is a misnomer as a Republican is a republican and a democrat is a democrat. And we should really define people, if we are going to frame others, based on other considerations than political affiiliation IMO.

I take exception to it, even if I shouldn't, for both being a incorrect and poor way to describe anyone if we like to go by the general rules of the English language, but more especially because I've seen it used by a bunch of knuckehads who paid absolutely zero attention to politics/civics/distribution/economics until their reality TV star mancrush DJT showed up and now they have the gall to call others anything in a political context. If these cats want to take over the party then be honest, say it and come to my house and take it, but dont do some little b***h thing and use some baby intended to be derogatory term that isn't cute or clever. These people beat their chest all the time but never man up and hide behind the same stuff that middle eastern rulers do when talking about Democracy or America from their well protected castle but when we show up to get clarification (with our army) they end up hiding in spider holes and acting like victims.
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 3:38 pm Ahh, I am sarcastic or rhetorical often myself but missed that in my bone head.

Assume you have me pegged as a RINO too. I actually don't mine it being used, think it's stupid because it means "republican in name only" which, as you point out, is a misnomer as a Republican is a republican and a democrat is a democrat. And we should really define people, if we are going to frame others, based on other considerations than political affiiliation IMO.

I take exception to it, even if I shouldn't, for both being a incorrect and poor way to describe anyone if we like to go by the general rules of the English language, but more especially because I've seen it used by a bunch of knuckehads who paid absolutely zero attention to politics/civics/distribution/economics until their reality TV star mancrush DJT showed up and now they have the gall to call others anything in a political context. If these cats want to take over the party then be honest, say it and come to my house and take it, but dont do some little b***h thing and use some baby intended to be derogatory term that isn't cute or clever. These people beat their chest all the time but never man up and hide behind the same stuff that middle eastern rulers do when talking about Democracy or America from their well protected castle but when we show up to get clarification (with our army) they end up hiding in spider holes and acting like victims.
My former neighbor, a lifelong radical hardcore republican is way more testy about Rino's than I could ever be. To the best of my knowledge the Democrats have no equivalent in their party that they could define as a Rino. I have never once heard the term Dino used in any context ever involving a Democrat. When it comes to your party I have no idea how you define yourself. To be honest I don't know how any republican define themself. Your party seems to have an identity crisis that the Democrats do not suffer from. I don't mean to insult your political integrity or beliefs. I do wonder how republicans can identify their belief system from one end of the spectrum 180 degrees in the opposite direction. IMO the vast majority of Republicans claim to be traditional conservatives. Then there are the fringe republicans that don't fit the mold. Where i get confused and amused all at the same time is wondering if the Republican party actually has a core set of values that they use as a foundation for their party. It sure does not seem like it from where i sit.
Bob Ross:
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

I don’t define myself or my political beliefs by my party affiliation. Simply use the party affiliation I think, or thought when I registered in 1996 and not ready to be comfortable that this would be the case otherwise just yet, to have the best opportunity to have my beliefs scale up as often as possible to see my view prevail in a fair but definitive way.

So definitely not worried what you think I just seem to be an opposition to yours views a majority (not all surely we agree on many things) of the time but I’m not in the bucket, you most likely call “Dante’s 88th circle”, which is suspect includes anyone here living in California or an east coast city or went to Hopkins and most Democrats, doubly so for anyone who’s ever shaken the hand of anyone in the Cuomo or a Kennedy family. Of thereabouts. So the purgatory for you is RINO which is where I figured in.

How’d I do?
cradleandshoot

Post by cradleandshoot »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 5:42 pm I don’t define myself or my political beliefs by my party affiliation. Simply use the party affiliation I think, or thought when I registered in 1996 and not ready to be comfortable that this would be the case otherwise just yet, to have the best opportunity to have my beliefs scale up as often as possible to see my view prevail in a fair but definitive way.

So definitely not worried what you think I just seem to be an opposition to yours views a majority (not all surely we agree on many things) of the time but I’m not in the bucket, you most likely call “Dante’s 88th circle”, which is suspect includes anyone here living in California or an east coast city or went to Hopkins and most Democrats, doubly so for anyone who’s ever shaken the hand of anyone in the Cuomo or a Kennedy family. Of thereabouts. So the purgatory for you is RINO which is where I figured in.

How’d I do?
Brilliant, I have no issue with the people I consider Rino's . I don't mean to insult them. How far afield can you drift from stated republican core values before you no longer look like or sound like a traditional republican?
Bob Ross:
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Democrats Now Dominate Dark Money Spending. They Still Want To End It.

Here's hoping they have the cajones to follow thru on this...
Democrats are pushing a sweeping package of voting rights, campaign finance and ethics reforms as their top legislative priority in 2021. One of the pieces of the bill is a section requiring independent political groups that currently don’t have to disclose their donors ― whose donations are known as “dark money” ― to finally do so.

This provision, previously known as the DISCLOSE Act, has been a major part of Democrats’ campaign finance reform agenda for years. But one major thing has changed since 2010, when Republicans dominated dark money spending: Today, it’s Democrats.

Democratic Party-aligned dark money groups ― nonprofits that are not required to disclose their donors ― spent more than $514 million on the 2020 elections, according to a review of FEC records by the Center for Responsive Politics. That compared to around $200 million by Republican Party-allied groups.

The totals reported by the Center for Responsive Politics include both independent expenditures made by dark money groups and contributions from dark money groups to super PACs, which do have to report their donors.

The Supreme Court’s 2010 Citizens United decision legalized unlimited corporate, labor and individual political spending on third-party electoral efforts. This created an unintended disclosure gap by allowing nonprofit groups that accept corporate donations and do not disclose their donors to spend money on election campaigns.

The disclosure of political donations plays a central role in the U.S. campaign finance regulation system. That system favors disclosure, as citizens should be able to know who could be influencing their elected representatives and because donations carry the possibility of corruption and the appearance of corruption. The Citizens United decision, penned by then-Justice Anthony Kennedy, even included an endorsement of disclosure as it opened the door to dark money.

But Congress failed to pass the DISCLOSE Act to close that door. The bill fell one vote short of clearing a Republican filibuster in 2010.
"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

progressive ideology - fix up the mess created by the repukies:

https://www.cbsnews.com/video/expert-sa ... eat-start/

Expert says 100 million COVID-19 vaccine shots under Biden is "a great start"
The U.S. was expected to reach 100 million COVID-19 vaccine shots administered since President Biden took office. In advance of Friday's expected milestone, Mr. Biden appeared in a social media video urging Americans to get the vaccine. John Moore, a professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medical College, joined CBSN's Tanya Rivero to discuss the inoculation campaign.

true patriotism in action

Peter Brown

Post by Peter Brown »

Sorry I don't post much here anymore...the banality of too many take the fun out of most light-hearted banter.

A news item the last day explains so much why I (and really any rational adult) consider most Democrats to be absurdly dumb and humourless (which often go hand in hand so apologies for the repeat), and reluctant to debate much with them anymore.

The New York Times published an article about misinformation, and used the satire website The Babylon Bee as evidence that the right uses satire to spread misinformation. Disregarding the obvious leftist inability to laugh at oneself (generally a prerequisite to be a friend of mine), the fact that the NYT employs actual disinformation ('The Bee is actually trying to spread misinformation, it's not actually satire') to try to score points (easy with its gullible audience, to be sure) is amazing on its face. For those not familiar with The Babylon Bee (www.babylonbee.com), it tends to be a smarter man's The Onion and makes for great laughter if you have an actual sense of humour.

For those familiar with The Bee and still unable to laugh, man, I feel for 'ya; life is too short to be so down.

The left is basically a parody of the self-serious intellectual who can't screw in a lightbulb yet looks down upon the man who can.

Carry on.
Brooklyn

Post by Brooklyn »

Petey
Sorry I don't post much here anymore...

Most of us are not so sorry at this revelation. :lol:

Typical Lax Dad

Peter Brown wrote: Tue Mar 23, 2021 10:13 am Sorry I don't post much here anymore...the banality of too many take the fun out of most light-hearted banter.

A news item the last day explains so much why I (and really any rational adult) consider most Democrats to be absurdly dumb and humourless (which often go hand in hand so apologies for the repeat), and reluctant to debate much with them anymore.

The New York Times published an article about misinformation, and used the satire website The Babylon Bee as evidence that the right uses satire to spread misinformation. Disregarding the obvious leftist inability to laugh at oneself (generally a prerequisite to be a friend of mine), the fact that the NYT employs actual disinformation ('The Bee is actually trying to spread misinformation, it's not actually satire') to try to score points (easy with its gullible audience, to be sure) is amazing on its face. For those not familiar with The Babylon Bee (www.babylonbee.com), it tends to be a smarter man's The Onion and makes for great laughter if you have an actual sense of humour.

For those familiar with The Bee and still unable to laugh, man, I feel for 'ya; life is too short to be so down.

The left is basically a parody of the self-serious intellectual who can't screw in a lightbulb yet looks down upon the man who can.

Carry on.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: How is the weather in Jellystone these days Bandito?
“I wish you would!”
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Had to take a break to hope folks would forget how wrong he’s been over and over and over again.

He uses the word “banality” which means lacking the quality of original or novel qualities that could mean he doesn’t like hearing about his own flaws repeatedly so he’d rather have new and untrue information and jam the airwaves with nonsense as a form of avoiding true self reflection.

Accuses everyone who he doesn’t agree with of being a faux intellectual and then states “apologies for the repeat” most likely because despite using certain terms he doesn’t have the command of language to more elegantly and simply say “apologies for being redundant”.

Then he says he is just expressing “light hearted banter” but is somehow is reluctant to continue such discussions after initiating many with incendiary, vitriolic and untrue claims and statements. This strikes me as incongruous. If there’s little cost as there would be in light hearted banter which was the goal of said fraudulent person then there shouldn’t be any reluctance to continue on.

Return to “POLITICS”