Best Games, Upsets, and Upcoming Games

D1 Womens Lacrosse
njbill

Re: Best Upcoming Games

Post by njbill »

I hear you, but obviously the schools have the authority to impose their own, stricter rules. Another variable is that the rules may need to be different depending on the location of the school. A school in the middle of a Covid hotbed may need to have stricter rules than a school in Cow County Kansas.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Magnum -

I would put near the top of your list a really intriguing game that I believe was just added for this Sunday - Drexel vs Loyola. I've jumped on the Drexel bandwagon early and this is a great test for them...and for Loyola, have they shaken off the rough start to the year?

I will be watching this game on Sunday, not sure I will watch round 2 of ND/Syr
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

D1 WOMEN: Yesterday and This Weekend (Friday 03/12/21)

https://fanlax.com/2021/03/12/d1-women- ... -03-12-21/
Caddy Day
Caddies Welcome 1-1:15
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Is the Saturday 3/13/2021 Loyola-Navy game postponed?

NVM: I checked, and it appears that the Navy game is off, and Loyola plays Drexel (seen on ESPN+) Sunday. Should be a very good game.
Snog

Post by Snog »

The Loyola v. Drexel could be the most interesting game this year. One team playing above expectations another playing below expectations. (expectations not ability)
I think Loyola wins this by 6.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

i'd like to see Loyola win because... I like Loyola but I'm also enjoying watching a new team win. Tough call for me personally but... Makes for a good for me as well. Should be good.
Caddy Day
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 8:05 am D1 WOMEN: Yesterday and This Weekend (Friday 03/12/21)

https://fanlax.com/2021/03/12/d1-women- ... -03-12-21/
I'd like to use your Best Upcoming Games for the prediction picks we've been doing each weekend if that would be agreeable. Is there a rough target you have for getting each new batch of games posted on a given day each week? For instance, if you release the best games for the coming weekend on each Thursday, that would fit the time frame we've been using (All picks due by Friday noon). But that's just the ideal. I just want to get an idea if that's feasible for you. Or perhaps you release them when each new batch is ready, regardless of the day of the week it falls on. In any event, let me know what your thoughts are and if you think this will work as a kind of joint venture. Thank, Matnum.
Matnum PI

Post by Matnum PI »

for the weekend games, when would you want the Best Upcoming Games (for that weekend) to be posted?
Caddy Day
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Matnum PI wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 9:11 am for the weekend games, when would you want the Best Upcoming Games (for that weekend) to be posted?
Anytime before Friday would be great.
Cletus

Florida at Temple for a deuce

Post by Cletus »

All of a sudden the back to back 2 game series pitting Florida against Temple in Philly this weekend doesn’t look like a Gator chomp.
seacoaster

Re: Florida at Temple for a deuce

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:27 am All of a sudden the back to back 2 game series pitting Florida against Temple in Philly this weekend doesn’t look like a Gator chomp.
I had the same thought, and then said to myself, "Nahh, Florida will win both of these comfortably." I watched the Temple-St. Joe's game; very entertaining. But I think Florida will right their ship and win both. But it was nice of Florida to inject some uncertainty into the picture.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 am
Cletus wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 10:27 am All of a sudden the back to back 2 game series pitting Florida against Temple in Philly this weekend doesn’t look like a Gator chomp.
I had the same thought, and then said to myself, "Nahh, Florida will win both of these comfortably." I watched the Temple-St. Joe's game; very entertaining. But I think Florida will right their ship and win both. But it was nice of Florida to inject some uncertainty into the picture.
You’re probably right, but don’t you give the Owls even a little sniff?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Another couple of btb 2 game series that might be interesting this weekend are Michigan at Penn St and Duke at Virginia. The latter may end up being competitive and produce this seasons first split of a two gamer. Both teams have had very rude awakenings recently against superior ACC foes.

In the other matchup, the Lions will probably maul the Wolverines and get their revenge but good, in both games.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:05 am
seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:03 am
You’re probably right, but don’t you give the Owls even a little sniff?
Nope.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 12:23 pm You’re probably right, but don’t you give the Owls even a little sniff?
Nope.
[/quote]

Oh well, that settles that. You’re probably right but I hope not.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

This Saturday’s Jacksonville at Virginia Tech will undoubtedly be listed as a best game, as well it should, but the Hokies will enjoy feasting on fish for this one.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:04 pm This Saturday’s Jacksonville at Virginia Tech will undoubtedly be listed as a best game, as well it should, but the Hokies will enjoy feasting on fish for this one.
Depends on how many players and what players VT can field too, right? The team that lost to Carolina 22-1 will give Jacksonville a chance!
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:53 pm
Cletus wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:04 pm This Saturday’s Jacksonville at Virginia Tech will undoubtedly be listed as a best game, as well it should, but the Hokies will enjoy feasting on fish for this one.
Depends on how many players and what players VT can field too, right? The team that lost to Carolina 22-1 will give Jacksonville a chance!
Good point. I forgot all about that. Is that the only team to your recollection who has played a game that short handed from Covid?
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Cletus wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:58 pm
seacoaster wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 2:53 pm
Good point. I forgot all about that. Is that the only team to your recollection who has played a game that short handed from Covid?
Sorry, I don't know if any other teams have played short handed. I see the same postponements you see, and assume that this is the way teams are managing things when the virus pops up.
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Colorado had 14 (!) field players for their game Sunday vs. SDSU. USC went with sophomore goalie over regular starter and reigning PAC 12 defensive player of the week against Cal and then cancelled subsequent game (2 days later) against Stanford. These issues are rampant, whether we notice them or not. I do not envy teams or coaches dealing with the uncertainty of the personnel carousel.

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”