Delaware 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
Farfromgeneva

Re: Delaware 2021

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Sounds like Scott’s value has been as much or more at SSDM as on offense which I think is a testament to how good an athlete and at lacrosse that he is. By contrast, I heard Eric Holden has a bum knee. It not technically injured and DNP so barely played at all for UMD. By contrast we had a SSDM giving up 105lbs to a fat middie for LIU who just pummeled him all day last Sat.
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Thor1

Post by Thor1 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:21 pm Sounds like Scott’s value has been as much or more at SSDM as on offense which I think is a testament to how good an athlete and at lacrosse that he is. By contrast, I heard Eric Holden has a bum knee. It not technically injured and DNP so barely played at all for UMD. By contrast we had a SSDM giving up 105lbs to a fat middie for LIU who just pummeled him all day last Sat.
Wow, resorting to body shaming because your beloved Statemen should not be a D1 program. Accept defeat and head back to D3 where you and Salisbury can duke it out for top dog. You are classless and your team is severely out-classed.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Thor1 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:40 pm
Wow, resorting to body shaming because your beloved Statemen should not be a D1 program. Accept defeat and head back to D3 where you and Salisbury can duke it out for top dog. You are classless and your team is severely out-classed.
Why bring that here ?
Why not just PM ?

Hens are on a good track.
That’s all that matters here.
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Justin Scott is an interesting player for UD. He is MUCH bigger than the middies that DeLuca is running out with him at times. Jake DeMare, Clay Miller, George Ward and Acchiones are all clones. They are all 5' 9" 160-165 lbs. They are all super quick and gain separation pretty easily. That gets defenses shifting and opens up space for time and room shots.

Justin Scott, Kyle Kivinski and Brooke Rideau are much bigger North/South dodgers who use physicality to gain separation. I think DeLuca looks at the matchups and uses these guys according to situation. He has nine offensive middies that he relies on, but has mostly gone with the small quick guys lately.

The SSDMs are very physical on Towson. So maybe DeLuca will rely on more physical middies this weekend? I have no idea.

I will be interested to see what Towson does defensively. The Hens have scored less than 10 goals versus Towson in 12 of the last 15 match ups. They love to pack it in and have their goalie handle shots from outside 10 yards. Nadelen has thrown zones at the Hens with a lot of success in the past too.

Should be fun. I will be there, finally in person.
Last edited by Henpecked on Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 2:21 pm Sounds like Scott’s value has been as much or more at SSDM as on offense which I think is a testament to how good an athlete and at lacrosse that he is. By contrast, I heard Eric Holden has a bum knee. It not technically injured and DNP so barely played at all for UMD. By contrast we had a SSDM giving up 105lbs to a fat middie for LIU who just pummeled him all day last Sat.
Wasn’t that the attackman ?
#10 for LIU.
He’s ginourmous.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Eat my... Biayach
Last edited by Farfromgeneva on Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 4:47 pm
Why bring that here ?
Why not just PM ?

Hens are on a good track.
That’s all that matters here.
Because people are bitches.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

10stone5 wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:01 pm
Wasn’t that the attackman ?
#10 for LIU.
He’s ginourmous.
260lbs, our SSDM was 155lbs. That’s our coaches fault. Scott is 6’1” , 205.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:16 pm
Just pathetic.
Ease back on the throttle,

just PM that guy or send a note to Matt.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

You’re right. I’m getting close to just deleting the account. Too much thin skinned bs here. Nobody apparently has ever been wrong or not perfect and everybody needs a pat on the head but did you read the response? The same advice would apply there as well don’t you think?

People are pathetic if they can’t handle even a perceived slight. Body shaming? Forget this crap.
Thor1

Post by Thor1 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:16 pm
Eat my... Biayach
It is clear they didn't test for steroid use in D3 football...your 'roid rage is coming thru loud and clear. Let's both move on
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

So,
back to lacrosse.

I think, it looks like with all Mark Beida brings on the
field and in the locker room, a captain teaming with
the two freshmen twins opens the twins up so they don’t
need to worry about the proverbial freshmen mistakes.

Scott, fortunate for DeLuca, provides a lot of options on
both offense and defense.

Confirmed for me, Hens can go three lines deep at midfield.
That’s ACC level depth.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

From the season-opening loss to closer-than-expected wins vs. Saint Joe’s and Bellarmine, fans would rightly have been slow to warm to the Blue Hens his season.
The team that came out of the gate firing vs. Drexel, however, looked to me like a team that can win an
NCAA Tournament game. Defenseman Owen Grant
looks like a future pro, as does Michael Robinson —
but what stood out from the win vs. the Dragons was
the depth of scoring, particularly the role that
Cam Acchione and Mark Bieda played. Their top six
is really scary.

—Terry Foy
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:16 pm Eat my... Biayach
Tweeet! Farfromgeneva, unsportsmanlike conduct. 1 Minute 2 Day Penalty. Tweet! Play on...
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

Three quick things:

1. Nice article from Lax Magazine on the "Deep Unselfish" Hens - https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/m ... oved-teams

2. Interesting 10 minute interview with Tye Kurtz on adapting to field lacrosse - https://www.ftfnext.com/videos/lsn-inte ... ce-battles

3. Not a lot to say about this weekend's game vs. Towson. As mentioned before, the Hens have only scored in double digits 3 times in the last 15 games versus the defensive-minded Tigers. Hens have to shut down the talented Towson attack unit of Brody McLean, James Avanzato and Andrew Milani. I am guessing that Reed Kurtz will be responsible for McLean and Owen Grant will clamp down on the Tigers' playmaker Avanzato. These guys are a pretty dynamic unit. I also have been impressed with Austin Stewart and Wasserman at midfield this year. They have shown the ability to get separation up top for open shots inside of 10 yards. Have not really seen the Tiger middies invert at all this year. Hen's opponents have gone to that tactic a ton this year to avoid Grant at x. We shall see what they do.

Hens will need to get to 13 goals in order to win this game. Kobe Smith can't cover everybody, so they need to rotate the ball quickly and get the match ups they want. I know that Mo Sillah and Garrett Zungalia are also talented poles, but if the Hens continue to play unselfish ball they should be able to get to 13. I am hoping for the best. They get Towson at least two times this year. Should be fun. I'll be there.

Oh, one final thing. The Hens have an opening next weekend. I would never wish any cancellations on any team. But it would be great if something opened up next weekend for a game against a top 20 local (Baltimore, Philly) team. Again, no ill will towards anyone. Just would love to see a game. :D
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Canadian Pipeline Continues to Pay
Dividends for Dangerous Delaware

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ware/57503
John Grant, Jr., blazed the trail in 1998 when
he transferred into the Blue Hen program
... brought in by Andy Shay.
It was kind of a no-brainer for me. I honestly never even heard of Delaware, didn’t know it was a state,
Grant said
Oh, no,
Owen !!
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Guess Justin Scott is American..... nice job IL :o
nourishment

Post by nourishment »

Henpecked wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:04 am Hens will need to get to 13 goals in order to win this game.
:shock:
Henpecked

Post by Henpecked »

I know some things. :D
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

And the Hens avoided the dreaded
Kiss of Death
Inside Lacrosse cover story jinx, barely.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”