Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
jhu06

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by jhu06 »

wgdsr wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:20 pm
jhu06 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:04 pm If I were a student this weekend, I'd take a mask, a thing of utz crab chips, a sandwich, a WOMBAT approved beverage in a thermos, a chair and sit in the west parking lot. What are they going to do to you?
go as a grad student and give it a shot.
I still have my yellow Hopkins event security tee shirt.
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

jrn19 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 9:34 am
steel_hop wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:45 am
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:44 pm Spycraft tip: you can send coded messages via altered DNA.

I wonder if the anti-vaxxers know that. Hope it makes their heads explode.

Meanwhile, I’m hoping for perfection of lacrosse DNA.

Especially a sequence that implants immediate groundball skills.

Come on Hopkins, do it!
Not going to happen at least not this weekend. Letting in fans would mean a GOP governor is right - a Democrat Mayor isn't going to let that happen. Second, it means that would mean people would allowed to have fun. Nope, can't have that.
Cannot possibly imagine a bigger fart noise of a post than this. This is what you chose to post when you logged on here this morning?
I can't find it, where is that pot when you need it.
DocBarrister

Post by DocBarrister »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:04 pm If I were a student this weekend, I'd take a mask, a thing of utz crab chips, a sandwich, a WOMBAT approved beverage in a thermos, a chair and sit in the west parking lot. What are they going to do to you?
Three words: Killer Guard Cats

DocBarrister 8-)
@DocBarrister
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Epstein and DeSimone both on the Tewaaraton "watch list": https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ists/57453

Feels like it's been a long time since we've had two offensive players on there. (Or two players of any kind, for that matter.)

PSU game notes: https://hopkinssports.com/news/2021/3/1 ... notes.aspx

Thought this was mildly interesting. Hope it continues:
Sharing the Rock
• A key to head coach Peter Milliman's offense is sharing the ball. During his three seasons as the head coach at Cornell, the Big Red collected assists on 357-of-550 (.649) goals scored.
• Without any practice in the fall and limited time in preseason, the Blue Jays' grasp of the offense continues to evolve and that is best exemplified in the number of assisted goals the team has scored in the last two weeks.
• After collecting an assist on just 3-of-8 (.375) goals in the season opener against Ohio State, the Blue Jays collected 10 assists on 14 goals at Michigan (.714) and assisted on 7-of-10 (.700) at Maryland.
• This is the first time since early in the 2019 season that JHU has collected assists on 70% of its goals in back-to-back games (vs. Loyola (9-of-12), @ UNC (9-of-11)).
• The last time JHU assisted on 70% of its goals in three straight games was in the first three games of the 2019 season (@ Towson (6-of-8), vs. Loyola (9-of-12), @ UNC (9-of-11)).
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

https://www.uslaxmagazine.com/college/w ... on-quality
-I'm leaving the non lacrosse commentary out of this, but glad others see a need for upgrades w/the btn.

ESPN added the NHL which has a lot of overlap w/our season. I don't know what that means for their relationship w/lacrosse and us going forward. I realize espn3 is available for streaming but these ESPNU games are some of the few chances our school gets to be on national tv.

The roster numbers and position carousel on page 2 was well put showing what a wild roster this. Next week should include the number of fall/spring practices missed.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Baltimore City will not lift #COVID 19 capacity restrictions as recommended by @GovLarryHogan tomorrow
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

...and what did you expect ? :P
OCanada

Post by OCanada »

Hogan leaves up to the counties and Baltimore city to make the final decision based on what their situation is. Party affiliation had nothing to do with it
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

If the city of Baltimore fully opened up the way the governor wanted it to, the chances of us finishing our season on time—or at all—would be much, much lower. The only reason we're having a season right now is because the city and school have been doing a good job keeping community spread down. If anything happens that reverses that trend, it wouldn't be good news for us.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Drew Supinski is enrolled and playing this year
for Cabrini, FYI.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Seems like a pretty random move no?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

I am going to get a 4.0 in damage.

(Afan jealous he didn’t do this first)
primitiveskills

Post by primitiveskills »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:00 pm Seems like a pretty random move no?
If about Supinski, not really. He's from the area, and its a great D3 program that has become a resting spot for Philly-area kids who have had things not work out for them at other schools (for various reasons).
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Feel like there’s be more “peer” options in the CC, ODAC & LL which could put somebody close enough to SE PA - Gettysburg, Dickinson, F&M, W&L, Union, etc
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:45 pm Feel like there’s be more “peer” options in the CC, ODAC & LL which could put somebody close enough to SE PA - Gettysburg, Dickinson, F&M, W&L, Union, etc
Sounds like you have literally no clue what is going on in this kid's life, or what he is or isn't looking for, or what options were available to him, or quite frankly anything at all about anything even remotely related to his situation? What a weird comment.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Who said I have a clue but tell me how many kids who aren’t athletes have Hopkins and Cabrini on their same list. Actually, tell me how many kids who play lacrosse would even be seriously considering true options from both.

I’m wondering how a kid ends up at Cabrini who was accepted at Hop straight up.

Why don’t you tell me instead of going crazy, once again, over something that isn’t a big deal?
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:59 pm Who said I have a clue but tell me how many kids who aren’t athletes have Hopkins and Cabrini on their same list. Actually, tell me how many kids who play lacrosse would even be seriously considering true options from both.

Why don’t you tell me instead of going crazy, once again, over something that isn’t a big deal?
You don't have to have a hot take on everything. You can just choose to not say anything when you're ignorant of the context.

Supinski tore his ACL during his freshman season at Hopkins, struggled as a sophomore, then transferred to Denver where he played for one season before leaving there in 2018 or 2019 and had not played lacrosse anywhere since then until apparently resurfacing recently at Cabrini. He's like 24 years old. It's not like he transferred out of the blue midseason from Hopkins to Cabrini. There is no way he ever had them "on the same list" or anything like that.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

HopFan16 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:09 pm
Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 6:59 pm Who said I have a clue but tell me how many kids who aren’t athletes have Hopkins and Cabrini on their same list. Actually, tell me how many kids who play lacrosse would even be seriously considering true options from both.

You don't have to have a hot take on everything. You can just choose to not say anything when you're ignorant of the context.

Supinski tore his ACL during his freshman season at Hopkins, struggled as a sophomore, then transferred to Denver where he played for one season before leaving there in 2018 or 2019 and had not played lacrosse anywhere since then until apparently resurfacing recently at Cabrini. He's like 24 years old. It's not like he transferred out of the blue midseason from Hopkins to Cabrini. There is no way he ever had them "on the same list" or anything like that.
Wasn’t a hot take wanted to understand and you came out aggressive as the keeper of the Hopkins board once again. Settle down skippy, you could’ve just easily explained instead of acting the way you did.
Harvard University, out
University of Utah, in

HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

Farfromgeneva wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:17 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 7:09 pm

Wasn’t a hot take wanted to understand and you came out aggressive as the keeper of the Hopkins board once again. Settle down skippy, you could’ve just easily explained instead of acting the way you did.
And you could have just as easily asked "What's Supinskis story?" or "How did he end up there?" (or, better yet, not said anything at all!) instead of commenting "seems pretty random" and then making several strange assumptions about it. As you mentioned, this is the Hopkins board. The vast majority of people who post here already know Supinski's history.
44WeWantMore

Post by 44WeWantMore »

It would be nice if steel_hop could be wrong occasionally.
Be in their flowing cups freshly rememb'red.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

-game notes spotlight a few issues to really worry about. We know the faceoff situation, but the nittany tambronis are very good gb/clear team. Having extended periods on defense killed us second half against terps.
-lilly/mabett/jaronski have combined for 5 gbs so far this year. that's not getting it done at the ssdm position.
-Looked last week like Milliman started to bench guys like baskin and zinn for careless ball handling. Interesting after a month of games what he no longer finds excusable if it continues from others.
-John Haus son returns to homewood, part of a trend the next few years of former homewood skippers kiddos returning to play dads former employer
-uva and duke-2 universities the school considers peers had their acc hoops tournaments quashed because of positive corona tests this week. we're not out of the woods.
-Not sure who we're getting on the broadcast. QK/carc have been on auto pilot w/their broadcasts since gvozden was tending goal so they need to have something new. they used to spend the first quarter just on Petros legacy at hopkins and it's worth noting his name has not appeared anywhere in the gamenotes the last 2 weeks.
-I don't care what HF16 and a lot of you think. The b1g/terp-rutgers marriage was purely cash driven (and one that's been hugely lucrative for all parties) and I'm fine w/JHU not getting $$ but to pay for btn+ is something homewood has to step in and say, this is beyond what our folks should be asked to do. all 3 games on btn+is a joke and they have student announcers they're not really paying seriously. ESPN+ is $6.
-Baltimore can't plow snow. Not a shock there.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”