The Independent State Legislature Doctrine

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
seacoaster

Re: SCOTUS

Post by seacoaster »

Interesting; thanks Trinity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5VvFJ6myBE
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

MDlaxfan76 wrote:
Bandito wrote:
a fan wrote:
Bandito wrote: Democrats created the KKK.
Alright. I'll give you one last chance, then I'm done.

Yes, the Democratic party created the KKK.

Was the Democratic party at the time of the founding of the KKK filled with conservatives? Or was the Democratic party at that time the party for Liberals?
Are you talking about the lie of the parties switching? Yes some did switch but the overwhelming majority of Republicans did not switch. The Republican Party has been the Anti-Slavery Party since 1854. It hasn't changed all that much if at all from its main virtues since its inception.

For reference:

Democrat Party founded in 1829 did the following:
1. Defended Slavery
2. Started the Civil War
3. Opposed Reconstruction
4. Founded the KKK- Democrat Nathan Forrest founded it to be a military force used to serve the Democrat Party
5. Imposed Segregation
6. Perpetrated Lynchings
7. Fought Civil Rights Acts

An Aside: Thank God for Donald Trump. If Hillary "Super Predators" Clinton had won the Presidency there would be a radical leftist, anti-American sitting in that SCOTUS chair today.

Brett Kavanaugh just said where his loyalty lies and when asked if was to Donald Trump he responded by pulling out a pocket book sized copy of the US Constitution and said that is where his loyalty lies! What an amazing answer. LOL. The Dumbcrats are protesting a SCOTUS who will uphold the Constitution. What scumbags. Go Brett Go!
"the lie of the parties switching"?

Yikes, you are either woefully ignorant due to a failure of education or you have chosen to be so.
Yikes, you are either woefully ignorant due to a failure of education or you have chosen to be so. The parties didn't swtich platforms. This is a myth and you know it. Sadly you breathe in liberal think tanks tainting your view on history and facts. Either way, doesn't really matter. You disagree and that is okay. Elitist snob gonna elitist snob
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

seacoaster wrote:Interesting; thanks Trinity:

LOL. One of the biggest racists in the Democrat Party. Nice post.
Typical Lax Dad

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

Going to stall his way through her question. I know who I have spoken to or not spoken to at law firms in the northeast over the past 20 years. It was as simple question and he refused to answer it.
“You lucky I ain’t read wretched yet!”
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:

Going to stall his way through her question. I know who I have spoken to or not spoken to at law firms in the northeast over the past 20 years. It was as simple question and he refused to answer it.
Guess what? He will be confirmed. Watch how other congressmen and women talk to him and then watch the DemoRats like Harris and Booker and Feinstein. What demented, evil people they are
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bandito wrote:
MDlaxfan76 wrote:
Bandito wrote:
a fan wrote:
Bandito wrote: Democrats created the KKK.
Alright. I'll give you one last chance, then I'm done.

Yes, the Democratic party created the KKK.

Was the Democratic party at the time of the founding of the KKK filled with conservatives? Or was the Democratic party at that time the party for Liberals?
Are you talking about the lie of the parties switching? Yes some did switch but the overwhelming majority of Republicans did not switch. The Republican Party has been the Anti-Slavery Party since 1854. It hasn't changed all that much if at all from its main virtues since its inception.

For reference:

Democrat Party founded in 1829 did the following:
1. Defended Slavery
2. Started the Civil War
3. Opposed Reconstruction
4. Founded the KKK- Democrat Nathan Forrest founded it to be a military force used to serve the Democrat Party
5. Imposed Segregation
6. Perpetrated Lynchings
7. Fought Civil Rights Acts

An Aside: Thank God for Donald Trump. If Hillary "Super Predators" Clinton had won the Presidency there would be a radical leftist, anti-American sitting in that SCOTUS chair today.

Brett Kavanaugh just said where his loyalty lies and when asked if was to Donald Trump he responded by pulling out a pocket book sized copy of the US Constitution and said that is where his loyalty lies! What an amazing answer. LOL. The Dumbcrats are protesting a SCOTUS who will uphold the Constitution. What scumbags. Go Brett Go!
"the lie of the parties switching"?

Yikes, you are either woefully ignorant due to a failure of education or you have chosen to be so.
Yikes, you are either woefully ignorant due to a failure of education or you have chosen to be so. The parties didn't swtich platforms. This is a myth and you know it. Sadly you breathe in liberal think tanks tainting your view on history and facts. Either way, doesn't really matter. You disagree and that is okay. Elitist snob gonna elitist snob
"switch platforms" ?

Not sure what that would look like, but, yes, the "southern strategy" of the Nixon campaign, then the Reagan campaign, and onward, worked effectively in splitting off white southerners from the Democratic Party. Those who had formerly been the worst segregationists "switched" party allegiance. It happened and we lived through it.

Of course, many of those white southerners were not necessarily being appealed to by the Republicans solely on racial terms, much of it was cloaked in 'law and order', national defense, abortion/right to life and other 'family values' appeals to evangelicals. And it worked. The Republicans were able to win control of legislatures and governorships throughout the south and to achieve much larger representation in the national legislatures. 40+ years of national dominance by the Dems in both houses of Congress were ended/reversed/balanced.

But throughout this process, Republicans repeatedly resorted to racial dog whistles to reach those white southerners. That's clear fact and many of the Republicans who were involved in that strategy have admitted to such over time. As a lifelong Republican and a conservative, it's where I'm most unhappy with my Party.

I don't know what "you breathe in liberal think tanks tainting your view on history and facts" means, or what think tanks in specific you think impact my "snob" thinking, but I assure you that I'm simply someone who has actually lived and observed critically for most of my 60 years of age, beginning during the 60's as I became conscious of the political scene and then subsequently.
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

Bandito wrote:Guess what? He will be confirmed. Watch how other congressmen and women talk to him and then watch the DemoRats like Harris and Booker and Feinstein. What demented, evil people they are
Come on, thatsmell, drop the hammer. Do it!!

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
thatsmell

Post by thatsmell »

No more shouting into the wind. It's nice to be a spectator for a change.
I never knew no Godfather. I got my own family, Senator."
dislaxxic

Post by dislaxxic »

"The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure poor reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog." - Calvin, to Hobbes
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Bandito wrote:Elitist snob gonna elitist snob
this little tidbit couldn't be lost in the time line!

You need to make bumper stickers....

THAT right there my fair reader is the mantra of your Trump voters.

and guess what - more people think they are NOT a part of the "elite" snobbery that think they are. Just like the guy who makes $350,0000 a year thinks he is middle class...

reminds me of the commercial ... "but sir, you ARE the man"

Don't tell voters that, tell them they are the common man and the elitists are holding them down.

because guess what? ..... they ARE!

When the 0.1% make more money off of a day's interest than the top 9% make in annual income - there are very few people who really are "the man".

elitist snob gonna to elitist snob :lol: 8-)
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

dislaxxic wrote:Brett Kavanaugh Said Roe v. Wade Is Not ‘Settled Law’ In 2003 White House Email

Unlikely to derail his confirmation... :?

The idea that Kav will help reverse Roe v Wade is a scare tactic used by the Dems and their p*ssy hat wearing followers. Biologically speaking, the baby is not even part of the woman's body. It is just housed inside of her for the time being. They have distinctly different DNA.

Abortion is the leading cause of black deaths across the nation. Yet where are the protests? Where are the SJW's? You have a 1/3,240,000 chance of being black and murdered by a cop if you are unarmed, but an expotentially higher rate of dying due to abortion and black on black crime.
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote:
Bandito wrote:Elitist snob gonna elitist snob
this little tidbit couldn't be lost in the time line!

You need to make bumper stickers....

THAT right there my fair reader is the mantra of your Trump voters.

and guess what - more people think they are NOT a part of the "elite" snobbery that think they are. Just like the guy who makes $350,0000 a year thinks he is middle class...

reminds me of the commercial ... "but sir, you ARE the man"

Don't tell voters that, tell them they are the common man and the elitists are holding them down.

because guess what? ..... they ARE!

When the 0.1% make more money off of a day's interest than the top 9% make in annual income - there are very few people who really are "the man".

elitist snob gonna to elitist snob :lol: 8-)
But a billionaire is the man of the people..... go figure.
HooDat

Post by HooDat »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:But a billionaire is the man of the people..... go figure.
Don't go expecting voters to be rational!!?!?! :lol:
STILL somewhere back in the day....

...and waiting/hoping for a tinfoil hat emoji......
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

HooDat wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:But a billionaire is the man of the people..... go figure.
Even wealthy billionaires can relate to the people. Trump's policies are for the common man, the working class, the blue collar, hard working Americans of every color, creed and ethnicity. You just are too blind to see it. The tax cuts have definitely helped me out. But the Dems called them "Crumbs". Talk about hating hard working Americans. Nancy Pelosi is an elitist pig
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Cory Booker is daring the Senate to expel him for knowingly violating the rules by releasing Committee confidential documents.

This is the face of the Democrat Party. What a loser. America does not stand with Cory Booker. We stand with Trump and Kav.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

The protesting is not much different on the outside......this video is pure gold. I think I saw Brooklyn and Diss in the video.... ;)

https://twitter.com/i/status/1037651706828468224
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy
Typical Lax Dad

HooDat wrote:
What is ironic is that I always use the example of the guy making $200k a year believing he is wealthy. I don't expect peasants to be rational....politicians are counting on it.
MDlaxfan76

Post by MDlaxfan76 »

Bandito wrote:
dislaxxic wrote:Brett Kavanaugh Said Roe v. Wade Is Not ‘Settled Law’ In 2003 White House Email

Unlikely to derail his confirmation... :?

The idea that Kav will help reverse Roe v Wade is a scare tactic used by the Dems and their p*ssy hat wearing followers. Biologically speaking, the baby is not even part of the woman's body. It is just housed inside of her for the time being. They have distinctly different DNA.

Abortion is the leading cause of black deaths across the nation. Yet where are the protests? Where are the SJW's? You have a 1/3,240,000 chance of being black and murdered by a cop if you are unarmed, but an expotentially higher rate of dying due to abortion and black on black crime.
Pure whackadoodle. Prove I'm wrong.
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

What’s not in doubt is the outsize toll that abortion has taken on the black population post-Roe. In New York City, thousands more black babies are aborted than born alive each year, and the abortion rate among black mothers is more than three times higher than it is for white mothers. According to a city Health Department report released in May, between 2012 and 2016 black mothers terminated 136,426 pregnancies and gave birth to 118,127 babies. By contrast, births far surpassed abortions among whites, Asians and Hispanics.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/lets-talk- ... 1531263697

Maybe not totally whackadoodle. National stats are harder to come by.
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

And unfortunately you took the bait. He posts inflammatory stuff with no real aim except to drive division. He is indeed whackadoodle.

The morning after pill is not the same at all as a 16 year old getting shot or a 70 year old dying of a heart attack.

Either way stats-wise, legal, safe abortions have massive benefit to societies, especially poorer populations. The main reasons for abortions include financial instability, relationship instability or concern about being a single mother, or the feeling of being too young or not responsible enough to care for a child. If all those children were born, it wouldn't magically make that population richer or better off, but most likely worse off and lead to higher poverty and violent crime rates.

If Bandito is so concerned about it, he must be quite the champion of providing family planning services, free contraception and birth control, and comprehensive sex education. That stuff will lower the abortion rate immensely, even though it's already very low.

Return to “POLITICS”