Johns Hopkins 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
flalax22

Re: Johns Hopkins 2021

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 12:28 pm
flalax22 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:28 am Reportedly covid protocols have placed this weekends game in jeopardy.
The women's game at Homewood this week was just pushed two days, from tomorrow to Friday. Wonder if that's related.
I heard that Hopkins was suspending on campus activities but don’t have a time frame for when it starts and ends.
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

flalax22 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:08 pm
flalax22 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:28 am Reportedly covid protocols have placed this weekends game in jeopardy.
The women's game at Homewood this week was just pushed two days, from tomorrow to Friday. Wonder if that's related.
I heard that Hopkins was suspending on campus activities but don’t have a time frame for when it starts and ends.
Getting a bit of info now. Heard there was a big batch of false positives at one of the student testing sites this week, which created some alarm, but those students were all re-tested and came back negative. There might be more to the story but I THINK we should be okay. According to this page, there were 0 new cases of Covid on campus on Sunday and only 3 on Saturday. They haven't updated since then, which might make sense if they were trying to work out some potential false positives from yesterday.

https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/diagnostic-te ... dashboard/

Fun fact: The old lacrosse hall of fame is now a Covid testing site
jhu08

Post by jhu08 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:17 pm Getting a bit of info now. Heard there was a big batch of false positives at one of the student testing sites this week, which created some alarm, but those students were all re-tested and came back negative. There might be more to the story but I THINK we should be okay. According to this page, there were 0 new cases of Covid on campus on Sunday and only 3 on Saturday. They haven't updated since then, which might make sense if they were trying to work out some potential false positives from yesterday.

That's a big sigh of relief from me. Fingers crossed that everything is indeed okay after all on campus right now.
flalax22

Post by flalax22 »

HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:17 pm
Getting a bit of info now. Heard there was a big batch of false positives at one of the student testing sites this week, which created some alarm, but those students were all re-tested and came back negative. There might be more to the story but I THINK we should be okay. According to this page, there were 0 new cases of Covid on campus on Sunday and only 3 on Saturday. They haven't updated since then, which might make sense if they were trying to work out some potential false positives from yesterday.

That’s some good news. I always wondered what was in Hall of Fame now. Now I know, Nurses, nasal swabs and spit tubes!
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Post by WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus »

flalax22 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:48 pm
HopFan16 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 3:17 pm

That’s some good news. I always wondered what was in Hall of Fame now. Now I know, Nurses, nasal swabs and spit tubes!
Nurses? NILFs?
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

https://www.insidelacrosse.com/article/ ... ion-/57439

schiezophrenic torch has been passed to the ivy. I really won't miss us as the epicenter sh-tshow of the sport. It was a long homewood nightmare but I'm sure the mortimers and mckenzies will find a way through this.
Drcthru

Post by Drcthru »

What? Off your meds today? :roll:
Everyone wants to change the world but, no one wants to do the dishes.
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

I appreciate your interest but I'm good. April w/everyone playing/w parents and fans except the ivy should be special.
AreaLax

Post by AreaLax »

Starting Friday MD Gov will be allowing 50% capacity at stadiums. So what Hopkins do? Guess you also need the Mayor to approve
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

You’re going to need to be vaccinated and microchipped too.
nyjay

Post by nyjay »

The vax comes with a microchip. Did you miss that part? C'mon now.
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus

Spycraft tip: you can send coded messages via altered DNA.

I wonder if the anti-vaxxers know that. Hope it makes their heads explode.

Meanwhile, I’m hoping for perfection of lacrosse DNA.

Especially a sequence that implants immediate groundball skills.

Come on Hopkins, do it!
steel_hop

Post by steel_hop »

WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:44 pm Spycraft tip: you can send coded messages via altered DNA.

Come on Hopkins, do it!
Not going to happen at least not this weekend. Letting in fans would mean a GOP governor is right - a Democrat Mayor isn't going to let that happen. Second, it means that would mean people would allowed to have fun. Nope, can't have that.
BlueJaySince1947

Post by BlueJaySince1947 »

BINGO...!!! :lol:
LaxPundit07

Post by LaxPundit07 »

steel_hop wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:45 am
WOMBAT, Mod Emeritus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:44 pm Spycraft tip: you can send coded messages via altered DNA.

Come on Hopkins, do it!
Not going to happen at least not this weekend. Letting in fans would mean a GOP governor is right - a Democrat Mayor isn't going to let that happen. Second, it means that would mean people would allowed to have fun. Nope, can't have that.
You didn’t hear? He is a never Trumper; so the GOP has disowned him. The mayor will be on his side.
jrn19

Post by jrn19 »

Come on Hopkins, do it!
Cannot possibly imagine a bigger fart noise of a post than this. This is what you chose to post when you logged on here this morning?
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Come on Hopkins, do it!
Ignoring the politics, if the Mayor will not approve fans at Homewood, Hop should move the game outside of the city, for example Towson, UMBC, or even Annapolis. (Stanford basketball played its early "home" games off campus when the County health director maintained a lockdown.....)
jhu06

Post by jhu06 »

If I were a student this weekend, I'd take a mask, a thing of utz crab chips, a sandwich, a WOMBAT approved beverage in a thermos, a chair and sit in the west parking lot. What are they going to do to you?
HopFan16

Post by HopFan16 »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:04 pm If I were a student this weekend, I'd take a mask, a thing of utz crab chips, a sandwich, a WOMBAT approved beverage in a thermos, a chair and sit in the west parking lot. What are they going to do to you?
The view from there is abysmal. Would much rather just watch on TV.

Second half schedule is out:

https://hopkinssports.com/news/2021/3/1 ... unced.aspx

So here's the total remainder of our schedule:

3/13 home vs. PSU (ESPNU)
3/20 home vs. Rutgers (ESPN3)
3/28 away vs. PSU (ESPNU)
4/4 home vs. Michigan (ESPNU)
4/10 away vs. OSU (BTN+)
4/17 away vs. Rutgers (BTN+)
4/24 home vs. Maryland (ESPNU)
5/1 first round of B1G tournament

5 of the 7 on ESPN. The other two on BTN+ but perhaps those get flexed onto BTN proper.
wgdsr

Post by wgdsr »

jhu06 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 12:04 pm If I were a student this weekend, I'd take a mask, a thing of utz crab chips, a sandwich, a WOMBAT approved beverage in a thermos, a chair and sit in the west parking lot. What are they going to do to you?
go as a grad student and give it a shot.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”