2021 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

D1 Womens Lacrosse
DMac

Re: 2021 Spontaneous/Miscellaneous Game Threads

Post by DMac »

spartanslynx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:28 pm As a coach I would be annoyed to allow a pass on a FPS. Especcially from the hanging hash
I've seen a few goals this year that were very nice and they came from a pass on the FPS when the "shooter" opted to pass. I'm inclined to think like you do but there is definitely a place for the pass on the play. GK is in a really tough spot when a player darting by her catches and shoots. The FPS in general makes me crazy, to me this should almost be a given. 1v1 with the GK should be a goal, there's just too much room to put the ball by her. Towson 0-4 on FPSs, down 3. Now 0-5, down 4. Just gotta have those.
Very entertaining game.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

This SBU goalie is pretty locked in.
spartanslynx

Post by spartanslynx »

DMac wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:03 pm
spartanslynx wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:28 pm As a coach I would be annoyed to allow a pass on a FPS. Especcially from the hanging hash
I've seen a few goals this year that were very nice and they came from a pass on the FPS when the "shooter" opted to pass. I'm inclined to think like you do but there is definitely a place for the pass on the play. GK is in a really tough spot when a player darting by her catches and shoots. The FPS in general makes me crazy, to me this should almost be a given. 1v1 with the GK should be a goal, there's just too much room to put the ball by her. Towson 0-4 on FPSs, down 3. Now 0-5, down 4. Just gotta have those.
Very entertaining game.
I meant from the defensive point of view. SB found a free player that started behind the goal. She has to be marked.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Oh, sorry, obviously misunderstood what you were saying.

Towson got shafted on the charge Kennedy drew...SB ends up scoring on the possession to go up 3. Big swing at this point, could've closed within one.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Can't take it,Towson just shooting themselves in the foot down the stretch.
FPS when down 3 with 1:15 or so to go and you pass out?
Another FPS with 1:05 left and no goal.
Towson had plenty of possessions but unable to capitalize. SB GK stood tall.
Good game.
Last edited by DMac on Sun Mar 07, 2021 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
seacoaster

Post by seacoaster »

Nice win for SBU against a very able opponent.
8meterPA

Post by 8meterPA »

Wow, unranked Elon team just beat #12 JMU 6-5...dogpile celebration in the middle of the field and they had some fans there as well. First time in program history that Elon beat JMU!
watcherinthewoods

Post by watcherinthewoods »

Anyone see either Big 10 game today? I am trying to ale sense of these teams this year. Seems crazy.
Toplax

Post by Toplax »

watcherinthewoods wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:34 pm Anyone see either Big 10 game today? I am trying to ale sense of these teams this year. Seems crazy.
Tuned into Ohio State-Hopkins game. pretty awful all around except for GK play. Hopkins squeaked both games out this weekend but both not very good. Ohio State from what I see sits at bottom of Big 10/
Whats with no announcers? Big 10 play and these teams don't rate for an announcer?
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Toplax wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:37 pm
watcherinthewoods wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 5:34 pm Anyone see either Big 10 game today? I am trying to ale sense of these teams this year. Seems crazy.
Tuned into Ohio State-Hopkins game. pretty awful all around except for GK play. Hopkins squeaked both games out this weekend but both not very good. Ohio State from what I see sits at bottom of Big 10/
Whats with no announcers? Big 10 play and these teams don't rate for an announcer?
Only for those 2 home teams. All the other teams in the Big 10 have announcer(s) at home. I don't mind no announcers, but I do mind no score/time/shot clock banner on screen.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

I watched all of Mich/Rut and most of OHSt/Hop. Rutgers was looking very inventive and aggressive on offense until the last quarter of the game when they started doing exactly what DMac was referencing with Towson--they started shooting themselves in the foot, self-destructing, foolish unprovoked turnover after turnover until the game was lost. Same with Ohio State--they had the game in hand and then they started feeling the pressure and choked the game away. Both Rutgers and Ohio State are interesting young teams with veteran presence and new coaches. I think both programs are on the right track (and better than their current records indicate) but they have to experience these kinds of disappointing (read choke) losses as part of the coach's team's maturing process until they learn how to put a game away when they have the lead. Neither one of these teams are through winning or making a little noise this year.
Cletus

Albany vs Hofstra

Post by Cletus »

The big dogs are fast out of the gate. 4-0 21:46 1st

https://americaeast.com/watch/default.a ... ath=albany
Itsallgood

Re: Albany vs Hofstra

Post by Itsallgood »

Cletus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:19 pm The big dogs are fast out of the gate. 4-0 21:46 1st

Hofstra looks like a team coming off of a Covid pause.
DMac

Post by DMac »

Added entertainment, the black lab beyond the fence on the left end of the field is having a nice game of fetch the ball too. Ballaholics, those labs. Gotta love 'em.
Brownlax

Post by Brownlax »

Itsallgood wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:24 pm
Cletus wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:19 pm The big dogs are fast out of the gate. 4-0 21:46 1st

16-5 Albany with a running clock with 11:00 to go. Yikes! Albany goalie seems like she is seeing the ball well.
Cletus

Post by Cletus »

Brownlax wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:48 pm
Itsallgood wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:24 pm

16-5 Albany with a running clock with 11:00 to go. Yikes! Albany goalie seems like she is seeing the ball well.
Ended up with 15 saves!
Itsallgood

Post by Itsallgood »

DMac wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:34 pm Added entertainment, the black lab beyond the fence on the left end of the field is having a nice game of fetch the ball too. Ballaholics, those labs. Gotta love 'em.
That dog will sleep well tonight, chased that ball for the entire game, even switched sides at the half.
DMac

Post by DMac »

All in a day's play for a Lab, they'll do that a thousand times. Youngest one has one, great dogs.
Hope this works...a little patience, he does give it to the pitcher.
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipO ... JBWVNZT1hn
watcherinthewoods

This game is a good example of how COVID can and will disrupt this season. The discipline and effort needed to deal with the day-to-day uncertainty, lack of practice and preparation routine, and block out all other distractions and stress to focus on lax is sometimes overwhelming for many of these kids and programs. I would point to Loyola and JMU as other examples to date this season. Not excuses, everyone is dealing with the same set of circumstances, but we need to be mindful of what these teams and coaches are dealing with just to get on the field.
watcherinthewoods

watcherinthewoods wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 10:18 am This game is a good example of how COVID can and will disrupt this season. The discipline and effort needed to deal with the day-to-day uncertainty, lack of practice and preparation routine, and block out all other distractions and stress to focus on lax is sometimes overwhelming for many of these kids and programs. I would point to Loyola and JMU as other examples to date this season. Not excuses, everyone is dealing with the same set of circumstances, but we need to be mindful of what these teams and coaches are dealing with just to get on the field.
FYI I think Notre Dame is absolutely up against it against Syracuse, see my point above. Orange simply more battled tested at this juncture. We shall see ...

Return to “D1 WOMENS LACROSSE”