Nike Signs Kaep

The odds are excellent that you will leave this forum hating someone.
Typical Lax Dad

Re: Nike Signs Kaep

Post by Typical Lax Dad »

HooDat wrote:
Typical Lax Dad wrote:Yes it is. I am not sure UA will ever be where Nike is when it comes to footwear.
yeah, I bet the executives at Converse thought the same thing at some point in time when a little upstart called Nike showed up....

Don't forget, Adidas was around long before Nike too.

Brands come, brands go.
Yes. I am not disparaging UA. I was just making an observation. Companies come and go. Look at US automotive manufacturers. I am not sure how Under Armour can make inroads into soccer but I am sure they have someone working on it. The athletic footwear and sportswear market is different today than it was in the mid 1970s. I was actually the first player in my school to sport Nike basketball shoes..... I was a converse and adidas guy before that...... Maybe UA wants to dominate football. They don't have to be all things to all people. I don't know for sure but it seems UA may have more football cache (if not market share) than some of the other brands?

EDIT:
Shoe sales —a key statistic for future growth for the company as it tries to morph into a lifestyle brand — have ground to a virtual halt, posting only a 2% increase in sales this year. That compares with 64% growth last year.

I ran across this.....
“I wish you would!”
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Much of that is UA has marketed themselves as a "top tier" brand. They really do not offer low end prices on their products, like the Nike and Adidas. And UA is not really global....yet, like Puma, Nike, and Adidas. Notice Puma's market share....they too do not offer a low-end price point product.
A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

youthathletics wrote:Much of that is UA has marketed themselves as a "top tier" brand. They really do not offer low end prices on their products, like the Nike and Adidas. And UA is not really global....yet, like Puma, Nike, and Adidas. Notice Puma's market share....they too do not offer a low-end price point product.
That is why I said, they don't have to be all things to all people. It is a different model. In the end though, athletic shoes sales drives a lot of business and it depends on UA's aspirations strategy. Not being critical of UA. Its an american success story. UA could eclipse Nike in the future but athletic shoe sales will be a driver if aspirationally that is where executive management wants to be. China would be a battle ground.
“I wish you would!”
ggait

Post by ggait »

Kaepernick was raised by wealthy white parents. Nothing like suffering from "White Privilege".
Presumably Kaep doesn't always have his parents with him when he is out living his life. When he's driving his car late at night, he's black.

Serious/honest question for you Bandito. Let's assume you had the ability to choose. Would you pick to be born today as a black male baby or a white male baby into a middle class suburban U.S. family?

To me, the data overwhelmingly still says I'd be nuts to pick black over white. If I knew I was going to be pretty smart, picking black would give me an edge for getting into Harvard for sure. But showing a black face to the world on a day-to-day basis would be worse than white.

What would you do?

P.S. The data would also tell me that I'd be nuts to pick being a white male in a "Hillbilly Elegy" type family over white suburban middle class family. Not sure what I'd pick between black middle class and white Hillbilly Elegy. Off the top I'd probably go black middle class, but I'd have to think about it. I'd definitely take white Hillbilly Elegy over poor urban black.
Last edited by ggait on Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
ggait

Post by ggait »

yeah, I bet the executives at Converse thought the same thing at some point in time when a little upstart called Nike showed up....
FYI, Nike now owns Converse.

But the odds are more likely that Nike would buy or destroy UA than the reverse happening. Nike will also long outlast Trump.

But companies do come and go over time. The Dow 30 companies today are very different from the companies that were included 10/20/30 years ago.
Boycott stupid. If you ignore the gator troll, eventually he'll just go back under his bridge.
Typical Lax Dad

ggait wrote:
Kaepernick was raised by wealthy white parents. Nothing like suffering from "White Privilege".
Presumably Kaep doesn't always have his parents with him when he is out living his life. When he's driving his car late at night, he's black.

Serious/honest question for you Bandito. Let's assume you had the ability to choose. Would you pick to be born today as a black male baby or a white male baby into a middle class suburban U.S. family?

To me, the data overwhelmingly still says I'd be nuts to pick black over white. If I knew I was going to be pretty smart, picking black would give me an edge for getting into Harvard for sure. But showing a black face to the world on a day-to-day basis would be worse than white.

What would you do?

P.S. The data would also tell me that I'd be nuts to pick being a white male in a "Hillbilly Elegy" type family over white suburban middle class family. Not sure what I'd pick between black middle class and white Hillbilly Elegy. Off the top I'd probably go black middle class, but I'd have to think about it. I'd definitely take white Hillbilly Elegy over poor urban black.
“I wish you would!”
frmanfan

Post by frmanfan »

Wake me when this controversy du jour blows over.

ggait, you wouldn't pick either, your choice would be between two females.
A cold beer and a warm woman is all I need to keep me happy. Sometimes a cold beer is enough...
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
ggait wrote:

What would you do?

I would choose both....one the best movies of all time. :lol:

A fraudulent intent, however carefully concealed at the outset, will generally, in the end, betray itself.
~Livy

“There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” -Soren Kierkegaard
Typical Lax Dad

This was a classic

“I wish you would!”
hickorystick

Post by hickorystick »

frmanfan wrote:Wake me when this controversy du jour blows over.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
My, my how true and thought provoking.
Multiple orgasms.
Magnificent breasts.
Inherent manipulative prowess.
Adept at playing both ends from the middle.
It's good to be Woman.
youthathletics

Post by youthathletics »

hickorystick wrote:
frmanfan wrote:Wake me when this controversy du jour blows over.

:shock: :shock: :shock:
My, my how true and thought provoking.
Multiple orgasms.
Magnificent breasts.
Inherent manipulative prowess.
Adept at playing both ends from the middle.
It's good to be Woman.
My wife would call it...."The power of the P _ _ _ Y" :o
~Livy

Bandito

Post by Bandito »

ggait wrote:

What would you do?

The data shows that Democrats have ruined the black family for a myriad of reasons including:

*The War on Poverty- Essentially the father was replaced by welfare check
*Victimhood and plantation mentality instilled in the black commuinty by Democrats. It doesn't matter. No matter what there will always be an excuse for failure and never their fault. Thanks Democrats for creating victims and creating racial division in our society. It has also created the entitlement mentality like they are "owed" something. This is dangerous and creates racial division and dependency on gov't.
*The Democrats are the party of Abortion and have promoted the killing of innnocent babies for generations. Abortion kills more black people every year than anything else.
*On top of this, the ghetto mentality has also caused deterioration of their community mainly from rap music. Talking about drugs, gangbanging, rape, beating women, repeatedly singing the N word has caused the black community to spiral into a cesspool of ghettoism. It is really sad to see.

Being black in this country has never been better. The US is the land of opportunity for those who work hard and overcome adversity. The Democrats preach against this. It is absolutely a travesty that excuses are made for those who fail. But this is why. There are more successful black men and women in our country than ever before. How did they succeed if you say its so bad for blacks in our country? Because they don't adhere to victimhood. They aren't obsessed by race and work their butts off in their chosen field like any one else. Like you stated, the victimhood mentality isn't just for blacks but they seem to be the ones affected the most. We all understand poverty encompasses all races. But I'd much rather be impoverished in the US today than anywhere else. The poor, aren't really poor when compared to the rest of the world. If you can afford to live in the US, you aren't oppressed.

And to answer your original Q. I definitely would not want to be a black baby because I likely would have been aborted-Thanks Democrats. You assume we have a caste system in the US. You think if you are born poor, you end up that way. In the US, that is up to you to decide. Some make decisions to better themselves, some don't. It is the beauty of our system.

I'd argue my childhood was much different than just about everyone on this boards as I was forced to work laborious jobs all the time in the fields. I did not want to live that life forever. I knew to improve myself I needed to work hard, pay attention in school and pave my own path. I couldn't be happier today with how I turned out. That is the American Dream. If I can pave my own way, so can anyone else regardless of race, color or creed. I wouldn't change my life for an instant or my childhood because it has taught me so many things. One of the biggest lessons: Don't vote for Democrats. And don't ever depend on anyone but yourself.
Farfromgeneva is a sissy soy boy
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

I wish Larry was here :roll:
holmes435

Post by holmes435 »

Typical Lax Dad

holmes435 wrote:
My kind of humor. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I missed Kaepernick kneeling...I was buying beer during the anthem!
“I wish you would!”
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

I'd rather be a redneck than side with a communist cop hater who grew up with "white privilege". The Trump economy is doing so well and unemployment rate is so low that even Kaep got a job :lol:
richard

Post by richard »

Hang out at the corner of Greenmount and 25th for a couple of years and tell me about opportunity and what life you would like to be born into. I D Ten T.
Typical Lax Dad

Bandito wrote:I'd rather be a redneck than side with a communist cop hater who grew up with "white privilege". The Trump economy is doing so well and unemployment rate is so low that even Kaep got a job :lol:
Absolutely! Donald is living off Obama’s sloppy seconds!
“I wish you would!”
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

richard wrote:Hang out at the corner of Greenmount and 25th for a couple of years and tell me about opportunity and what life you would like to be born into. I D Ten T.
So emotional. So riveting. So untrue. You can change your path if you truly want to. Stop being a victim and making excuses.
Bandito

Post by Bandito »

Typical Lax Dad wrote:
Bandito wrote:I'd rather be a redneck than side with a communist cop hater who grew up with "white privilege". The Trump economy is doing so well and unemployment rate is so low that even Kaep got a job :lol:
Absolutely! Donald is living off Obama’s sloppy seconds!
You suffer from Trump Derangement Syndrome-Stage 3. Seek help immediately. Remedies include stop watching/reading fake news.

Return to “POLITICS”