Hobart 2021

D1 Mens Lacrosse
catchnshoot

Re: Hobart 2021

Post by catchnshoot »

Romm and Herlihy tough duo to lose
I wonder if the injuries have to do with the staggered start and stop of this off season?
Don’t want to go back to the situation 6-7 years ago when we had a dozen players in blue sweats on the sidelines early in the season.
Was hoping not indoor training on the terrible surface in the field house would have helped solved that dilemma
Good luck Statesmen
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Is Delaney still healthy? I would have expected some mention of him in the write up.

Despite their record, MSM is a very good team. It‘s going to take a total team effort to beat them, and our team is going to need to step up immediately.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Uneven, but lots of promise. Transition game needs work. Shot selection could be better.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Uneven, but lots of promise. Transition game needs work. Shot selection could be better.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

Looks about like what you would expect in a first game. Careless with the ball. Way too many turnovers. We need some solid possessions.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Better 3rd. Maybe the rust is coming off. Shea is nailing it. But the turnovers ....
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Archer is a baller everyone forgot about
Now I love those cowboys, I love their gold
Love my uncle, God rest his soul
Taught me good, Lord, taught me all I know
Taught me so well, that I grabbed that gold
I left his dead ass there by the side of the road, yeah
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

Atrocious first half but they cleaned it up going 8-2 in the second half with minimal contribution from Mott and Sherman w 4 TOs. Holtby was great. Shea warmed up and ended 15/21 w 11gbs.

Barthelme player pretty well but how do you get knocked down at 6’7”, 235?

Dattellas came on strong. As did Madonna.

Baltzer played well.

Knox was the star professional he is expected to be.

Archer played like the Il top 60 kid he was always anticipated to be, not to sneeze at 32 & 43pts his first two seasons.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

For sure. Stepped into the Holden role. Sorry not to see Barthelme score. Holtby stepped up big. Loved seeing the sellouts to get/keep possession. Fun first game. Is there any broadcast of LIU? Not even an LIU radio broadcsst?
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

We really got it together in the second half. Whew! Anyone notice how Mott disappeared after the beginning of the game? Injury?

Adam Shea was just super solid today, as was Holtby. And what about Ryan Archer? With Holden gone it‘s his chance to shine a bit more in the offense. Need clean things up on the clear. Gotta love how Dattelas played for a FY.
Laxgunea

Post by Laxgunea »

Also great to have Sam Mueller back. I think he had about 4 solo clears and at least one take away, plus a few gbs.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Ketch wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:03 pm We really got it together in the second half. Whew! Anyone notice how Mott disappeared after the beginning of the game? Injury?

Adam Shea was just super solid today, as was Holtby. And what about Ryan Archer? With Holden gone it‘s his chance to shine a bit more in the offense. Need clean things up on the clear. Gotta love how Dattelas played for a FY.
Mott is an attackman playing at midfield due to Herlihy's injury. He's one of the better skip passers we have. MSM polled him as often as they could. I'm not worried about him. Great first start by Holtby. The FYs did a lot better than I expected. Still wondering where Delaney is.
Ketch

Post by Ketch »

oldbartman wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:28 pm
Ketch wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 3:03 pm We really got it together in the second half. Whew! Anyone notice how Mott disappeared after the beginning of the game? Injury?

Mott is an attackman playing at midfield due to Herlihy's injury. He's one of the better skip passers we have. MSM polled him as often as they could. I'm not worried about him. Great first start by Holtby. The FYs did a lot better than I expected. Still wondering where Delaney is.
It wasn‘t Mott getting shut down. He simply wasn‘t out there after halftime.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

True, he wasn't out there except for few minutes. As I said, he's an attackman. A lefty attackman. Integrating him into the offense will be a plus. One of our better passing offensive players. I'll take the "W". That said, if we don't learn "clearing 101", we're toast. That was abismal. No one running to an open space, standing around... F'ning amature hour. Do this again against Bryant or St. Joes and they'll be down by 10 at halftime. Full credit to our OC for making the right adjustments at halftime. Holtby exceded my expectations, which were high. Overall, a good gut check win.
faircornell

Post by faircornell »

Hats off to 'Bart for an impressive win!
LRoggy

Post by LRoggy »

If Herlihy is out for the year it means there's a good likelihood Madonna sees a Pole all year. With both of them one gets a favorable matchup.
oldbartman

Post by oldbartman »

Looks like FY Datellas has stepped in to fill the role.
courtdog

Post by courtdog »

Thats a good win for being their opener. Bryant / Hobart look to be the top of the NEC, should be fun as long as all teams stay healthy. St. Joe's continues to have PPD games.
Farfromgeneva

Post by Farfromgeneva »

LRoggy wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:41 pm If Herlihy is out for the year it means there's a good likelihood Madonna sees a Pole all year. With both of them one gets a favorable matchup.
Noticed Madonna got a pole early and often in first half. Still got 2g off. Basically if Archer, Knox and Madonna can kick in 6-8 goals a game, which they should, we will need 5-7 from the rest of the team a game to be in the low mid teens avergae

Feel like I saw Mott a shot on a sweep around in the 3rd but he wasn’t in much. We also only played 21 guys yest so wondering about a bunch who I expected to see.
catchnshoot

Post by catchnshoot »

St Joes plays Wagner today
I spoke to a ST Joes parent and he says that they are allowing fans at their home games as long as they wear masks.

Return to “D1 MENS LACROSSE”