Heard 13-6 or 7 Salisbury - Wasn't there so don't know how individuals played
LarumVictoia

Re: Salisbury 2021

Post by LarumVictoia »

Correction- Salisbury won 13-5
JustPassingThrough

Post by JustPassingThrough »

Could be a long, wet day for the CCBC Essex boys scrimmaging at Salisbury today.
10stone5

Post by 10stone5 »

Drexel actually did play Salisbury Saturday,

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/75464/603b ... 13ec982615
Fandadof3laxers

Post by Fandadof3laxers »

Considering the ODAC is only allowing home fan parents at their games, any Gull peeps heading to Lynchburg to give it a go?
Nothinbutthelax

Post by Nothinbutthelax »

Wear red and try to sneak in... avoid the stands and you may have a chance not getting das boot...
Nice HUDI highlights. I suspect there was some heat on those outside shots. I also suspect you will see a tougher defense and better goalie.
Weather in the berg looks to be sunny in Low 50’s
Travel safe gentleman!
PapaDGee

Post by PapaDGee »

Fandadof3laxers wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:55 pm Considering the ODAC is only allowing home fan parents at their games, any Gull peeps heading to Lynchburg to give it a go?
I don’t think they were checking during the game agains SVU on Saturday. I know there were a few SVU folks in the stands.
FannOLax

Post by FannOLax »

YCOLaxFanSU

Post by YCOLaxFanSU »

Hats off to Lynchburg on a big win! Never saw Malamphy's name in the stats. What is his status? His absence was definitely felt. Looking at the stats in the first quarter and a half it seemed like the Gulls controlled it but couldn't get the ball in the net. Kudos to the Lynchburg D to hold them off long enough for the offense and face offs to get going. I feel like the turning point was the Lynchburg goal immediately after the Gulls went up 4-1.
ShoreThingMD

Post by ShoreThingMD »

Thoughts: Salisbury looked as crisp as the LSN coverage… As someone who hasn’t tuned into LSN often, this thing had me wanting to reset my router and ultimately pulling out my Ethernet cable…
Ok in all seriousness, Salisbury did not live up to the hype and has A LOT of work to do. Sloppy on both sides of the ball and at times appearing to be confused. Hats off to Lynchburg on weathering a tough 1st quarter/half and really never letting Salisbury off the hook (despite Lynchburg’s limited possessions). They were impressive from the tail end of the 2nd quarter to their eventual win.

Offense: Yikes. Lack of motion and comfort, dodging never really generated a slide, a ton of carrying that led to the “dodger” making a 5 yard adjacent pass to a covered man. Entirely too much talent to not even score double digits. When there was an opportunity to shoot, the shot selection was poor.

Defense: Impressive start, but faded in the 2nd quarter. What stuck out the most was Lynchburg exploiting some serious gaps in Salisbury’s transition defense. Obviously concerning given the talent and experience on the back end.

Goalie: Ellis wasn’t horrible. (6sv 10ga). As mentioned a few of those were easy transition goals that I’d like for him to snag 1, but really can’t fault him.

Faceoff: No Malamphy or Sweeney… 2 freshman took all of the draws and edged out Lynchburg 12-10. Those lack of extra possessions we are accustomed to with Malamphy and Sweeney really leveled the playing field. Overall, not bad by the 2 newcomers though.

Stats that stick out: More turnovers (14) than goals (8). 3 players (Ferrera, Bromwell, Moroney) accounted for 26 of the 37 shots and 7 of the 8 goals. 4 different goal scorers and only 1 was an offensive midfielder (Bromwell) the other being DM Greik.

Once again hats off to Lynchburg. The clear better team today. Hope everyone stays healthy and maybe we can do this again later in the year ;)
Maggsedge

Post by Maggsedge »

Salisbury not looking like the Gulls should with all the returners and recognition. Offense needs to put more than 8 in the net. Chemistry doesn’t seem to be there for the offense. Time to work on some things this week.
Slim

Post by Slim »

Salisbury/Berkman/IL article talking about championship way too early. They’ll most likely be a contender at the end but no storybook undefeated season for these Gulls. Time to stop talking and start doing. Defense looked slow and unorganized. Offense too much 1v1 and couldn’t beat anyone off dribble. There is only one ball, start playing like a team and not a group of talented individuals. Young fo kids were solid, but the need Malamphy in a bad way!

Kudos to Coach K, one of the good guys in the game, and his Hornets. Good things come to good people. Culture wins over talent this time!
jusreLaxin

Post by jusreLaxin »

It looks like the D coordinator for Lynchburg coached a great game. Salisbury's #6 isn't going to do much to create, he's a shooter who posts up with a lot leverage, and waits for a pass. If you trust your goalie, let him take shots. He will score a few, but he will turn it over a lot too..., the space allowed for quicker slides to the attack. They pressed out on #1 and #50 cutting off the adjacent(s). The pressure forced some really bad shots for turnovers from the mids.
LarumVictoia

Post by LarumVictoia »

Congrats to Lynch - Malamphy would have helped, but I don't think that was the issue.

The midis need to move the ball and take better shots.

I'm not sure who anointed Bromwell as the savior of this team, but he's not, and I could care less if can can shoot 120MPH. . The team doesn't need him taking 10 shots.... He needs to be a tougher dodger and focus a lot more on being a "team guy" while working within the structure of the offense. Don't get me wrong, he can be a very good player, but the ball is dying in his stick and that is not what makes this offense dynamic. We nee the 1st line midis to be able to break down a defense and either kick it back up to their line mates or dump it to the attack so the offense can start banging the ball and make the D move. Posner needs to start looking to feed again (that's what separated him last year)- Dowd, needs to be more of an impact player or I'm not sure he's going to be on the 1st line for long. This doesn't mean he necessarily needs to start pinging corners- Dodge - create the slide - and dish the ball. Be fierce on ground balls and get better at moving the ball to the adjacent teammates. I'd like to see Armstrong on the first line w/ Brom - That gives you a bonified feeder on the first line and attack and he has a lot of experience in big games. There's a lot more than being able to shoot hard that goes into being a good offensive player (i.e., vision, off-ball play, passing, looking off your feeds, quick release on shots, remembering your D needs some rest, etc.)

There's work to be done- SU is notorious or having slow starts to their season. Reminiscent of '17 when that NC team only won by one goal 9-8 ... I'm sure the Gulls will adjust and come out firing - I'm jut not sure the team will have exactly the same starting cast and crew as they did today.
NJlaxfan88

Post by NJlaxfan88 »

They got beat. Simple as that. Lynchburg was the better team with who they had. All the hype bit them in the a.. You can debate who played and who didn’t all day long. Official score was a 10-8. Maybe all the “greatest team in the history of lacrosse” as a tad bit inaccurate, eh?
COGULL

Post by COGULL »

Slim wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 2:20 pm Offense too much 1v1 and couldn’t beat anyone off dribble. There is only one ball, start playing like a team and not a group of talented individuals. Young fo kids were solid, but the need Malamphy in a bad way!

Kudos to Coach K, one of the good guys in the game, and his Hornets. Good things come to good people. Culture wins over talent this time!
Hit the nail on the head - Too much 1V1 - Too many ill advised shots taken early in the shot clock. Make no mistake about it - This offense can be great, but not when they play this style of lacrosse. Dodge-bang-the ball-make the defense move - Lynchburg's D didn't have to move much today. 30 of the 37 shots taken came from 4 players. As we move forward, I will be far more impressed with the players who dodge to create the slide, and opt to make that extra pass for the better shot..... and in the end celebrate their "teammate's" goal.

This one stings because I think SU should have won this game handily- Let's hope they use this experience to sharpen their focus.
Pinchnpop

Post by Pinchnpop »

Losing first game doesn't matter, winning last game does.
Yellowdog2202

Post by Yellowdog2202 »

NJlaxfan88 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:44 pm They got beat. Simple as that. Lynchburg was the better team with who they had. All the hype bit them in the a.. You can debate who played and who didn’t all day long. Official score was a 10-8. Maybe all the “greatest team in the history of lacrosse” as a tad bit inaccurate, eh?

Props to Lynchburg today - they earned it today

"NJlaxfan88" -
Hey Big Guy - I want make sure to remember your handle - You wreak of some fan whose been deeply scarred by some SU squad from the past. You can look at today's game any way you want, but I will tell you this... Posts like yours will only motivate Salisbury - They won't waste any time second guessing themselves - I guarantee you that. Losing a game doesn't phase them - Take a look at the last two defeats SU suffered to York and then take a look at the Conference Championships that same season. I'm only responding to your post because I want the players on Salisbury team to read it.

Disappointing loss no doubt, but if history tells us anything, it's that this loss will likely motivate and focus this team - I really hope you have the courage to come back if-and-when the Gulls face off against "your team" later of this season. If it happens to be Lynchburg, I have my doubts you'll be rushing to Vegas to lay down any sizable wagers. Enjoy this while you can Big Guy - Now that you registered w/ FanLax, try writing some posts about something other that your distain for the Gulls

Go Gulls!
NJlaxfan88

Post by NJlaxfan88 »

Yellowdog2202 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:37 pm
NJlaxfan88 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 4:44 pm They got beat. Simple as that. Lynchburg was the better team with who they had. All the hype bit them in the a.. You can debate who played and who didn’t all day long. Official score was a 10-8. Maybe all the “greatest team in the history of lacrosse” as a tad bit inaccurate, eh?

Props to Lynchburg today - they earned it today

"NJlaxfan88" -
Hey Big Guy - I want make sure to remember your handle - You wreak of some fan whose been deeply scarred by some SU squad from the past. You can look at today's game any way you want, but I will tell you this... Posts like yours will only motivate Salisbury - They won't waste any time second guessing themselves - I guarantee you that. Losing a game doesn't phase them - Take a look at the last two defeats SU suffered to York and then take a look at the Conference Championships that same season. I'm only responding to your post because I want the players on Salisbury team to read it.

Disappointing loss no doubt, but if history tells us anything, it's that this loss will likely motivate and focus this team - I really hope you have the courage to come back if-and-when the Gulls face off against "your team" later of this season. If it happens to be Lynchburg, I have my doubts you'll be rushing to Vegas to lay down any sizable wagers. Enjoy this while you can Big Guy - Now that you registered w/ FanLax, try writing some posts about something other that your distain for the Gulls

Go Gulls!
Guess I struck a cord eh little guy???

Return to “D3 MENS LACROSSE”